The Twitter Thread

peasepud

You're serious about your twitter like :D

:blush2:

Amazes me so few other people use it without lists honestly. So much flies past in the 23 and a half hours a day you aren't monitoring it, you have to be able to filter out the shite and get to the non-incidental stuff you use it for in the first place.

Also, when you're watching the fiootball there's music and film and political and comedy tweets flying past and getting in the way. Filter them out and just have a football feed where there's 160 other people watching the same game as you and talking about it. That's a massive part of the appeal.

What actually happens when you follow a list like? Does it affect how you view things? I assumed it was just a way of batch following people, but it sounds like there's more to it than that?

What actually happens when you follow a list like? Does it affect how you view things? I assumed it was just a way of batch following people, but it sounds like there's more to it than that?

I don't actually subscribe to anyone elses lists so I'm not certain, but I guess it works the same was as it does for me as the list creator. Which is not that it makes you follow any of the people in the list, or even include them in your timeline, it just means you can go to "lists" on your account and select the list in question to display the tweets of anyone in that list.

The added bonus is you don't have to follow a cock like Nile Ranger, but you can read his tweets as part of your NUFC feed ;)

Ah so tweets from toontastic people don't just appear in your timeline. You need to go to your toontastic feed and they'll all be included in there? Is that how it works.

I should just follow one of your lists and see. Off to do it now...

Ah so tweets from toontastic people don't just appear in your timeline. You need to go to your toontastic feed and they'll all be included in there? Is that how it works.

Exactly.

The only people you see in your home page are the people you have followed yourself. You can use my list 2 ways...

1. Pick and choose from the members who to follow yourself, which will add them to your timeline.

2. Subscribe to my list which won't affect your homepage at all, but will let you access the filtered list of tweets from those people quickly.

Similarly you can set up your own lists like that.

Create one called "ex-girlfriends" and you can read their tweets away from your homepage as and when, without them being aware that you follow them.

Create one called "cocks" for Owen, Piers Morgan, nile Ranger and other bell-ends that shouldn't have so many followers

Create one called "friends" for the people you follow that you know personally, so their tweets don't get lost among the millions of others.

:blush2:

Amazes me so few other people use it without lists honestly. So much flies past in the 23 and a half hours a day you aren't monitoring it, you have to be able to filter out the shite and get to the non-incidental stuff you use it for in the first place.

Also, when you're watching the fiootball there's music and film and political and comedy tweets flying past and getting in the way. Filter them out and just have a football feed where there's 160 other people watching the same game as you and talking about it. That's a massive part of the appeal.

am I following you ?

am I following you ?

You're following my old account @mikeashleylies. I binned it off cos i couldn't work out how to do a name change and wanted a more personal account than an Ashley bashing one.

My new one is in my sig. Added you to the toontastic list too.

You're following my old account @mikeashleylies. I binned it off cos i couldn't work out how to do a name change and wanted a more personal account than an Ashley bashing one.

My new one is in my sig. Added you to the toontastic list too.

if you change your name does it mess up all your followers etc ?

Dunno what the front page feed on here is following exactly, but i've just split my NUFC players list into youth and first team:-

NUFC Past players - 37 members -

NUFC first Team - 16 members -

NUFC Youth - 11 members -

Football - 161 members -

Toontastic - 34 members -

The football one contains all the NUFC ones plus other pros, ex pros, journos and news feeds.

Good lists, who's Andy Hudson photo, A Barnewell and Toby Fish off here? StevenL is a big fella like isn't he? He looks like Paul Calf.

I think it must, I was following your old name, but not your new one.

I've changed it, rather than start a new one as you have put me on the toontastic listings, and everything is exactly the same as before.

Including McNally, who has blocked me, along with Stevie, because everytime he made a bigoted remark about Rangers I told him Celtic were exactly the same and nobody gave a toss about them anyway.

Pathetic, to be honest, from a journalist. Which pretty much gives more ammunition that some people only go on there to get up their own backsides.

Eboue is a fucking crease. :lol:

@TheRealEboue: Who do you think you are Mr @Lord_Sugar . You are not my Lord. I don't say any prayer to you. Go and eat bacon, egg and baked beans

@TheRealEboue: Off you go @Lord_Sugar. YOU ARE FIRED !

Eboue is a fucking crease. :lol:

@TheRealEboue: Who do you think you are Mr @Lord_Sugar . You are not my Lord. I don't say any prayer to you. Go and eat bacon, egg and baked beans

@TheRealEboue: Off you go @Lord_Sugar. YOU ARE FIRED !

He is fucking amazing.

@TheRealEboue: Is it OK to piss while shitting?