The Twitter Thread

peasepud

• 2 weeks later...

#askPhilJones

When will clubs learn that these Twitter Q & A sessions never end well :lol:

1. @PhilJones4 who do you think will win the league this year ? #askphiljones

2. If forced to at knife-point what flavoured opal fruit would you staple to a willow tree? #AskPhilJones

3. @philjones4 #AskPhilJones In the last week alone, how many times have you considered giving up football forever? - and why haven't you yet?

4. #AskPhilJones do you hope that if you get a few good performances under your belt one of the bigger better clubs like Everton will want you

5. How closely related are your parents? Brother and sister, or just cousins? #AskPhilJones

6. @PhilJones4 Why do people call u Beckenbaur? Can't be for your football skills 1f610.png#askphiljones l

7. #AskPhilJones Does it feel like you've already lost when Cleverley's name gets read out?

I wouldn't he just managed to make a team with Rooney mata kagawa and RVP finish outside of Europe lol

Aye, but they didn't get humped half as often as we did, and thei football was usually better than ours. I'd take him.

Getting announced this afternoon. So much for the whole 'we stand by our managers' shite. Aye, when they are doing well :lol: I love how their legacy has been blown apart in 8 months. They need an entire new team, manager, back room staff. £70mil on Mata/Fellaini and £300kpw on Rooney and they are still gash

I'm really jealous of them.

They'll get the right man in, give him a bit of money, and they'll do a lot better next season.

We'll stick with Pardew, give him the bare minimum to spend, and finish midtable next season.

It's the perfect time to replace Pardew really - a lot of players leaving; Pardew overseeing the departures and replacement suggests to me he's going nowhere soon. At best he might go if we lose our first 10 games of next season, by then it's arguably too late to get much out of the season and any new manager's given objective would just to be stay as close to midtable as possible.

I'm really jealous of them.

They'll get the right man in, give him a bit of money, and they'll do a lot better next season.

We'll stick with Pardew, give him the bare minimum to spend, and finish midtable next season.

It's the perfect time to replace Pardew really - a lot of players leaving; Pardew overseeing the departures and replacement suggests to me he's going nowhere soon. At best he might go if we lose our first 10 games of next season, by then it's arguably too late to get much out of the season and any new manager's given objective would just to be stay as close to midtable as possible.

Expecting mid table next season seems highly optimistic to me.

I dunno, I think he needed another 1/2 season or so. I think a lot of players let him down and I think he'd have done all right if there'd been another manager/coach between him and Ferguson.

Aye, but they didn't get humped half as often as we did, and thei football was usually better than ours. I'd take him.

With their squad. Imagine what he would have done with ours.

Does he say 'we was' in interviews though? If not, I'd take him.