The Twitter Thread

peasepud

over pardew yes, over someone who is on an equal standing currently ie decent international team/champions league team, then no.

Everyone thought Moyes did a great job at Everton until they saw the improvement this year.

He's another Allardyce/McLeish/O'Neill or indeed Pardew - dull football and limited.

Everyone thought Moyes did a great job at Everton until they saw the improvement this year.

He's another Allardyce/McLeish/O'Neill or indeed Pardew - dull football and limited.

Come on, he had Everton punching above their weight for ages on a shoestring, Martinez wouldn't have been able to do that this year if he'd inherited an Allardyce team. Lukaku could improve most teams and someone like Barkley coming through is to Moyes' credit not Martinez's.

It's about attitude imo -my main problem with pardew and his ilk is that their first thought is not to lose whereas a Keegan type's aim is to win

Thats why I think moyes would fail here as well.

I get where you're coming from. I do think they could be having a season of new manager bounce though, I'd be shocked if Martinez manages to replicate this season with them.

I can't think of any managers that could come here and work wonders, the conditions are set for any manager to fail. That's not a Pardew defence mind.

Come on, he had Everton punching above their weight for ages on a shoestring, Martinez wouldn't have been able to do that this year if he'd inherited an Allardyce team. Lukaku could improve most teams and someone like Barkley coming through is to Moyes' credit not Martinez's.

To the contrary.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2582489/Everton-coach-Kevin-Sheedy-blasts-Moyes-showing-no-clubs-youth-team.html

'Everton legend Kevin Sheedy has launched a scathing attack on David Moyes, condemning the Manchester United manager’s attitude and tactics.

Sheedy, who won two league titles during a 10-year playing career at Goodison Park, is Everton’s Under 18 coach and has worked at the club’s academy since 2006.

He took to Twitter after United’s 3-0 defeat by Liverpool on Sunday and pulled no punches as he claimed Moyes ‘never took any interest in our youth team or players’.

Moyes could have bought Barkley for a fraction of what he spent on Fellaini. Very worrying.

Edited by JaMoUsE

• 2 weeks later...

This stuff to the Fish is great if you read them in the voice of Wearside Jack.

What a shame I have to keep asking you this, Dave. I'm sure you're a good bloke really, but your lack of Impartiality is surprising to put it mildly. I have the greatest respect for you Dave, but Lord! You are no nearer to answering the question now than four years ago when I started asking it.