The Twitter Thread

peasepud

Bad laughing at the #nufc tag tonight. I am from Durham an OOT I sometimes get stick from locals, deal with it rather than havin a hissy fit

The above tweet got me some stick too! :rolleyes:

Surely the indigenous population of a city will have more of an understanding of the club then somebody from say, London?

I think that's all Stevie is saying - perhaps also highlighting the glory supporters from the Keegan days.

That IS all I'm saying, and when you look at the quality of the crack on the hashtag the vast majority of mongs aren't from the N.E. and give a poor representation of NUFC. That is not saying all OOT's are mongs there are OOT's on here who are some of the most knowledgable toon fans, what it's saying is the clueless OOT majority is a result of the entertainers and Keegan, and toon fans have absolutely no right singing "we support our local team" to Man Utd, when no more than 1/3rd of people claiming to support NUFC do. All this bollocks (and I mean 400 people possibly) so do you think you're a more worthy Newcastle fan because you have a season ticket and live in the city. Errmm aye??!! We can't slag MUFC and LFC fans in Kent, Wales and Oslo when we have enough of them ourselves that's my point. I also mentioned the fact if you have a bloodline it's completely understandable, I wouldn't have even commented if there was so many clueless people from everywhere masquerading as life long (Keegan inspired) toon fans. I know I sound like a mug regarding the above in some peoples eyes, true, but I also believe in what I said, and most people I know do as well, when the likes of me had to pay £450 for a 99 FA Cup Final when Iceland supporters club got given 6 tickets between them despite not owning a season ticket.

Surely the indigenous population of a city will have more of an understanding of the club then somebody from say, London?

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. But I suspect the way he went about it was more the issue.

Plus remember anyone who is more than a yard either side of where Stevie is at any given time is OOT scum and unworthy of supporting nufc.

Not scum, just OOT.

If you could get past all those having a hissy fit over it, it was actually an interesting convo where people could be arsed.

My opinion is that living in the city the club is around you more on a day to day basis. So it takes less effort living in Newcastle to become wrapped up in the day to day of the club. If you live in say London you dont have that. you dont have everything other person talking about the club etc as it's diluted with other club talk and so on. For club news out of the area you have to go and look for it while living here it more or less comes to you.

Then there has so be a territorial thing. Our pride isnt just in the club but also in the city etc.

So, I dont think living here makes you a better support or a bigger supporter. I dont think not living here makes you less of a supporter. But living here makes you support the club generally whether you like it or not and you probably live and breathe the club more living here. But I dont belittle someone out of the area supporting us.

I also dont see the issue of someone supporting the club since the KK era. So what? If they are still supporting us now then they are still a supporter in my eyes. It would only be an issue if when the going got tough they stopped supporting the club. But since KK we have had our fair share of crap to deal with on and off the pitch.

Finally Stevie, the Durham accent is not the same as the Mackem accent :rolleyes:

If you could get past all those having a hissy fit over it, it was actually an interesting convo where people could be arsed.

My opinion is that living in the city the club is around you more on a day to day basis. So it takes less effort living in Newcastle to become wrapped up in the day to day of the club. If you live in say London you dont have that. you dont have everything other person talking about the club etc as it's diluted with other club talk and so on. For club news out of the area you have to go and look for it while living here it more or less comes to you.

Then there has so be a territorial thing. Our pride isnt just in the club but also in the city etc.

So, I dont think living here makes you a better support or a bigger supporter. I dont think not living here makes you less of a supporter. But living here makes you support the club generally whether you like it or not and you probably live and breathe the club more living here. But I dont belittle someone out of the area supporting us.

I also dont see the issue of someone supporting the club since the KK era. So what? If they are still supporting us now then they are still a supporter in my eyes. It would only be an issue if when the going got tough they stopped supporting the club. But since KK we have had our fair share of crap to deal with on and off the pitch.

Finally Stevie, the Durham accent is not the same as the Mackem accent :rolleyes:

:D Well answer me this. I know like Durham City accent/SBR/Tom accent doesn't sound mackem. However, can someone look in me in the eye and say Bryan Robson has no hint of mackem in his accent? I tell you what, childish as it is, part of what I was saying was a wind up, part I actually believe in, but I doubt anyone has had as many bites as that on the toon tweet line. I've had every nationality, cunts from every city pmsl it is childish but so it briefly entertained me.

Did you see that @burnsieben :rolleyes: so fuckin funny

BurnsieBen

@Leazeslad who the fuck do u think u r u daft cunt. this is appauling from u tonite mind. im gunna start a campaign against u u fuck

about 14 hours ago via web in reply to Leazeslad

Retweeted by you

Reply Retweeted (Undo)

:D absolute gold, especially cos he looks like a cross between Herman Munster and Mr Logic.

Then he got his lass @emilyprentice1 to add me and tell me off, but she sharp piped down and she agreed he was a mug by the end of the conversation. He's the kid who scored the pen on takeitlikeafan actually.

BurnsieBen

@Leazeslad who the fuck do u think u r u daft cunt. this is appauling from u tonite mind. im gunna start a campaign against u u fuck

Retweeted by you

Reply Retweeted (Undo)

:D absolute gold, especially cos he looks like a cross between Herman Munster and Mr Logic.

Then he got his lass @emilyprentice1 to add me and tell me off, but she sharp piped down and she agreed he was a mug by the end of the conversation. He's the kid who scored the pen on takeitlikeafan actually.

I was laughing at his reaction like. Also you seen his twitter background? Not sure what its meant to be but all I see is loads of mackem badges.

BurnsieBen

Retweeted by you

Reply Retweeted (Undo)

I was laughing at his reaction like. Also you seen his twitter background? Not sure what its meant to be but all I see is loads of mackem badges.

I think it says 5-1 behind his main board. I'm going to start a campaign. :D He's ganna get me paulwyn'd for saying he had a mackem accent, he did as well. Mebeez I should accept it's not 1991 nee more and most people haven't got a clue.

Finally Stevie, the Durham accent is not the same as the Mackem accent :D

:D Well answer me this. I know like Durham City accent/SBR/Tom accent doesn't sound mackem. However, can someone look in me in the eye and say Bryan Robson has no hint of mackem in his accent? I tell you what, childish as it is, part of what I was saying was a wind up, part I actually believe in, but I doubt anyone has had as many bites as that on the toon tweet line. I've had every nationality, cunts from every city pmsl it is childish but so it briefly entertained me.

You could drive from where Bryan Robson was born to where Tom was born in about 90 seconds :rolleyes:

Finally Stevie, the Durham accent is not the same as the Mackem accent :D

You could drive from where Bryan Robson was born to where Tom was born in about 90 seconds :rolleyes:

Well I've spoken to Tom, and he doesn't sound like Bryan Robson like.

Your accent is fuck all to do with where you are born, but where are brought up. Even if you live in a region for a length of time your accent can change.

Chris Waddle's is so bad I think he puts it on a little bit.

Are you pelanising him for it ?

:rolleyes: Quality. I was also going to cite Waddle for crimes against the Geordie accent.

In that documentary following Graham Taylor and the England team when Ronald 'Cheating Dutchman whose grandparents probably shopped Anne Frank' Koeman does a reverse choke hold on David Platt getting only a yellow then scoring the free kick that kept us away from USA '94 I can recall Lawrie McMenemy uttering in his distinct rumbling tones 'Do we not get a pelanty like?'.

:D Quality. I was also going to cite Waddle for crimes against the Geordie accent.

In that documentary following Graham Taylor and the England team when Ronald 'Cheating Dutchman whose grandparents probably shopped Anne Frank' Koeman does a reverse choke hold on David Platt getting only a yellow then scoring the free kick that kept us away from USA '94 I can recall Lawrie McMenemy uttering in his distinct rumbling tones 'Do we not get a pelanty like?'.

:rolleyes: what a bench of inspiration Lawrie Mac, Taylor and Phil fucking Neil. Compared to people like Mourinho and Guardiola, it really was like a real life Mike Bassett scenario.

:D Quality. I was also going to cite Waddle for crimes against the Geordie accent.

His 'yes man' role in that is hilarious like

"oah ah dohnt beleave it ,,,ah no boss" :rolleyes:

I definately meant Laurence like

It was just a general laugh at Phil Neal on that documentary. Comedy gold.

Yes boss. I tell you what you get the impression Stuart Pearce's relation with Fabio is identical.

All in the last hour!

cwarr07 Colin

Lights out from Mr Ashley let's hope it was productive #nufc #transfers

cwarr07 Colin

Credit goes to Ashley.Seems we can expect positive news coming from #nufc

cwarr07 Colin

Incoming transfer being worked on now, green light given by Ashley, Charnley & Llambias working hard on tying up the now NOW #nufc

cwarr07 Colin

#nufc Top transfer target landed. Always significant when Ashleys in town.