The Twitter Thread

peasepud

What are their suggestions on how to curtail our current malaise?....am banned so cant see NO either....thank fuck...

Cut down the hoofing is the main thing. Get players to move about (witchcraft I know). Don't play two out and out strikers with no wingers and no link player (hatem in wrong areas/too deep).

Cut down the hoofing is the main thing. Get players to move about (witchcraft I know). Don't play two out and out strikers with no wingers and no link player (hatem in wrong areas/too deep).

Drop Jonas and play a bit more adventurous football on the ground iirc.

Both fair in a way. Biggest thing for me is Pardews inability/unwillingless/lack of bottle to drop either Ba or Cisse. But we haven't got the players to perform in a true 433. Marveux isnt anywhere near strong enough for the prem iyam. Wigan had 10 men CT before you mention it. He is the type of player we need in there, but he needs to be 3 inches taller and a stone heavier. HBA can do it because he's a better player.

Both fair in a way. Biggest thing for me is Pardews inability/unwillingless/lack of bottle to drop either Ba or Cisse. But we haven't got the players to perform in a true 433. Marveux isnt anywhere near strong enough for the prem iyam. Wigan had 10 men CT before you mention it. He is the type of player we need in there, but he needs to be 3 inches taller and a stone heavier. HBA can do it because he's a better player.

Not going to disagree that Marveaux has proved himself yet.

IMO he will do better than HBA in that role because his is a more passing game where others will know what's coming next. With HBA there's just no knowing what's coming next.

Btw, even if Wigan did have ten men hiss two mazy runs were still top drawer.

Am I right in thinking that the majority now represent my view of life over there? Politics naturally excluded.

You mean this?

Might as well unburden my filthy little Mike Ashley habit in here.....

I feel a tad sorry for him :( He is the owner and the buck stops with him and he will forever have to carry the responsibility for the last 4 years.

However he is also the man who has turned this club around and put in place the "business plan / Model" that has got us where we are today;

Financial Stability

A manager who is doing well and is liked by the players

A decent back room staff

A scouting set up that is sourcing proper talent

A host of excellent youth prospects

A first team that is showing potential of challenging for Europe

A return to exciting players

Excellent training facilities

And a bore hole.

Okay, so Im joking about the bore hole, but make no mistake how important the underground heating will be come the winter when our players are still able to train outside on grass without the risk of serious injury. To most this is probably a little thing, but it indicates that Ashley is listening, taking advice and willing to invest in behind the scenes stuff that WILL make a big difference.

Sure mistakes are still being made. Not getting a striker "over the line" was criminal but we still brought in 6 or 7 very good additions to the squad and hopefully future windows will bring in even more additions.

The bottom line is I think we are in a much better position now than we were in 2007 and have a lot to look forward too over the coming season. Ashley is not ideal, but very few owners are. At least he has faced up to the stupidity of throwing mega millions away on journeymen and instead has found a way to bring in quality footballers that we can afford.

Tomorrow apparently is his first game of the new season. While I don't expect a rousing reception, it would be nice if the hostilities would die down and we could just get on with re-building our club / team.

As demonstrated with the singing corner he certainly has a ruthless side to him and I would much rather he was "on board" than simply trying to flog us to the first fly by night that came along (see Portsmouth).

My two penneth anyway.

Not going to disagree that Marveaux has proved himself yet.

IMO he will do better than HBA in that role because his is a more passing game where others will know what's coming next. With HBA there's just no knowing what's coming next.

Btw, even if Wigan did have ten men hiss two mazy runs were still top drawer.

May I ask you what you are basing this on? Your heightened knowledge of French football when you saw Marveaux playing for Rennes? Or when you've saw some of Ben Arfa's amazing passing and vision from the early days of his career when he was playing with the likes of Benzema at Lyon who were making the runs that he could pick out?

I also can't remember seeing Marveaux put a pass in like Ben Arfa did for Ba's goal against Norwich.

Also players of the class of Ben Arfa are usually on the same wave length so if they do anticipate and make those runs he would pick them out. Look at the best players in the world, they all have that element of unpredictability but when they are surrounded by those with a similar mentality to themselves they can all read each other's game.

Ronaldinho is probably the most unpredictable player you will ever see, yet his vision and passing was amazing and he always picked out the runs of those around him because players were making that space. Which is something we don't do.

Also as well as having better vision than Marveaux Ben Arfa is also far more direct, quicker and better running at players with the ball at his feet. This could exploit gaps in the opposition defence as more people track him down in the middle this would open up space for players in behind. So there's nothing at all to really suggest Marveaux would be better in that role than Ben Arfa at all.

Of course I'm not saying he's on the same level as Maradona but this is the kind of thing I am talking about which he could give us over Marveaux in that role due to what I have mentioned above.

May I ask you what you are basing this on? Your heightened knowledge of French football when you saw Marveaux playing for Rennes? Or when you've saw some of Ben Arfa's amazing passing and vision from the early days of his career when he was playing with the likes of Benzema at Lyon who were making the runs that he could pick out?

I also can't remember seeing Marveaux put a pass in like Ben Arfa did for Ba's goal against Norwich.

I'm not arguing Marveaux is a better passer, just that more often than not players around him will know that he is going to make pass and how he will go it . (But like you knew what bobby would do next).

With HBA you don't know what's coming next. (Not saying that's bad, just harder to play with so for me, I'd rather see Marveaux given a few more run outs in that role.

Also players of the class of Ben Arfa are usually on the same wave length so if they do anticipate and make those runs he would pick them out. Look at the best players in the world, they all have that element of unpredictability but when they are surrounded by those with a similar mentality to themselves they can all read each other's game.

You may be right. I'm sure I remember HBA playing there in the cup against Forrest ? last season and Marveaux was on the wing. Some of the link up play between was excellent.

Marveaux's looked like he needs too long on the ball to me. Even in Europe. No coincidence he looked good with the extra space that came with playing against 10 men. It could be he's tryting to hard given his limited opportunities in fairness but I haven't seen a lot to convince me he's much cop. And, if I understand you right, CT, you're advocating playing him in the 'hole' behind a striker. That's one of the hardest roles to play, especially in the premier league where you got so little time to control the ball and decide what you're going to do with it. HBA is light years ahead of him in terms of ability, be that picking a pass, shooting, crossing, dribbling, first touch or whatever.

As we all know the problem with us is movement. Would love us to bring in a wide forward somebody like Aubameyang who we have been linked to recently from Saint-Etienne, or we should've went for Mirallas in the summer. Somebody like that on the left with Ben Arfa on the right and Ba and Cisse vying it out as our main striker. Then having Pardew allowing them to interchange during each match would be fantastic. Shame it's just a pipe dream.

any reply from the pricks who run toontastic ? Do you still ban people who disagree with you ?

are the pricks who run toontastic still doing what a woman admin tells them to do ie the same

one who leaked my ip number to another website ? What wankers. Toontastic, the site who can't

be trusted with private information and also runs the board for their friends, banning people

for telling it like it is and ignoring requests to ignore his stalker but retaining the actual

stalker despite ignoring requests to stop stalking who has been spouting shite for years even

when it is pointed out. Ok for one person to take the piss but not someone else. What a shameful

excuse for a supposedly NUFC message board for NUFC supporters to "Bring NUFC back home" when

half the fuckers don't even come from Newcastle and most of the rest don't even go to games,

including my stalker who lives in the city. You couldn't make it up. What a pathetic excuse for

"knowledgeable" NUFC "supporters". Do they have anybody who knows enough about the club to

write them articles yet, or would their friends "disagree" . haha. Clowns.

:spit:

All furiously smashed out in a oner!

Aaaaaand breathe Leazes, breathe ....

Marveaux's looked like he needs too long on the ball to me. Even in Europe. No coincidence he looked good with the extra space that came with playing against 10 men. It could be he's tryting to hard given his limited opportunities in fairness but I haven't seen a lot to convince me he's much cop. And, if I understand you right, CT, you're advocating playing him in the 'hole' behind a striker. That's one of the hardest roles to play, especially in the premier league where you got so little time to control the ball and decide what you're going to do with it. HBA is light years ahead of him in terms of ability, be that picking a pass, shooting, crossing, dribbling, first touch or whatever.

He has to stick right by Marveaux though as this time last year he was hailing him as our savior whilst making things up about Ben Arfa going AWOL and missing reserve games without permission.

Toontastic, the site who can't be trusted with private information and also runs the board for their friends, banning people for telling it like it is and ignoring requests to ignore his stalker but retaining the actual stalker despite ignoring requests to stop stalking who has been spouting shite for years even when it is pointed out.

classic. going in my sig

Im not saying he's the answer, I just thought he would suit a "head of the diamond" or whatever you want to call it in the middle. IE Like he played against Wigan (I appreciate 10 men) where he was able to set people up, slide balls through or throw in a couple of mazy dribbles of his own that required a firmer finish.

I dont dispute HBA is the better footballer, but whether thats what you want in that set up Im less sure for the reasons stated.

Regardless of any of that, I think its going to become increasingly hard for anyone to play that role well as we go into a tough run of games lacking confidence.