The Twitter Thread

peasepud

He has to stick right by Marveaux though as this time last year he was hailing him as our savior whilst making things up about Ben Arfa going AWOL and missing reserve games without permission.

Dont talk shite man there were lots of people hoping he was going to be a good player for us prior to injury. And with regard to Ben Arfa his "problems" were well referred to by local Journos at the time.

You need vision to play there. HBA has greater vision. It's a no-brainer tbh.

My point is there is a balance. Ben Arfas unpredictability might be great when it comes off but harder for team mates to play with compared to someone like Cabaye (France cabaye) or Marveaux.

Has HBA had much experience playing that role?

Cabaye would be better aye. Hypothetical anyway though. But to play either of the others there you'd need more of a 4-3-1-2 than them being on the point of a diamond. There's not a great deal of difference in the roles on the face of it but you need to be more responsible defensively if it's a midfield 4 / diamond than a free role behind the striker. I take your point, i.e. Marveaux would possibly be more of a 'continuity' player in there, i.e. someone who keeps things ticking over. I don't see it being realistic to play Marveaux in that role (i.e. the one you describe) and HBA somewhere else though. And you wouldn't sacrifice HBA just so you could play Marveaux in that role.

IIRC Leazes actually admitted (I know, hard to believe) and apologised at the time to Cath for wrongly accusing her for passing on his IP. I remember because he was being quite sexist and I got a little annoyed about it (We can't have sexism, can we sugar tits? ;)).

It just goes to show how mental the bloke is, if I can remember a conversation about him and another poster, one where he spectacularly ballsed up and had to come back grovelling how the hell can't he? I am sure he is a little mentally deficient and his brain deliberately blocks out certain things so he can argue about them over and over.

Dont talk shite man there were lots of people hoping he was going to be a good player for us prior to injury. And with regard to Ben Arfa his "problems" were well referred to by local Journos at the time.

Of course everybody was hoping he would be a good player for us and we still hope that, but you were overrating his ability based on a few cameo appearances for us then kept on talking about his pedigree in France when you had never one saw him play a game for Rennes. Then you kept on trying to make something out of nothing when Ben Arfa went to Tunisia due to a family bereavement, whilst lauding Marveaux's attitude for playing one reserve game and saying Ben Arfa needs to knuckle down and work harder and using the evidence of Marveaux playing said reserve game to backup your claims.

Of course everybody was hoping he would be a good player for us and we still hope that, but you were overrating his ability based on a few cameo appearances for us then kept on talking about his pedigree in France when you had never one saw him play a game for Rennes. Then you kept on trying to make something out of nothing when Ben Arfa went to Tunisia due to a family bereavement, whilst lauding Marveaux's attitude for playing one reserve game and saying Ben Arfa needs to knuckle down and work harder and using the evidence of Marveaux playing said reserve game to backup your claims.

A mixture of truth and bollocks! :lol:

I dont think I over egged Marveaux at all other than thinking he looked good on the ball (which I still do) and maybe referring to his past pedigree. Nowt wrong with that.

As for Ben Arfa, it was well documented at the time that his head wasnt right and him going AWOL in Tunisia. It was also well documented in the press that he was due to play for the reserves and didnt turn up. That was the PRESS Johnny, not me.

At the time on NO, everyone was going mad for him to start every game even though his head wasnt right and he was pretty shit when he did get on.

I think you will find that the man himself did an interview early this year basically confirming his head was all over the place and that Pardews handling of him sorted him out.

Anyway, he'll be off in Jan so I wouldnt worry. ;)

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/10/05/hatem-ben-arfa-in-tunisia-after-relative-falls-ill-72703-29539823/

Ben Arfa was granted some compassionate leave by his manager Alan Pardew after a member of his family was taken ill in Tunisia.

The playmaker jetted back to North Africa yesterday after originally being scheduled to play in last night’s reserve fixture at Bolton, which Newcastle won 3-0.

And Carver told the Chronicle today: “Hatem wasn’t playing last night because he’s had a bit of bad news back home. The manager has given him a few days off.”

Yup, he definitely went AWOL.

It was 01:25 and he was insisting he couldn't give a fuck about this place, he had a thinly veiled pop at my family and despite my repeating that it wasn't his opinions that got him banned, but his behaviour, he still rattled off the same shit and I woke up to find even more nonsense on the twitter-timeline.

My question is this; Stevie, why the fuck would you want to read that everyday on here? If you like the guy, the best thing you can do for him is to help him understand why he was banned and hopefully that will change his behaviour so that he can be a part of some online Newcastle United community.

Also as well as having better vision than Marveaux Ben Arfa is also far more direct, quicker and better running at players with the ball at his feet. This could exploit gaps in the opposition defence as more people track him down in the middle this would open up space for players in behind. So there's nothing at all to really suggest Marveaux would be better in that role than Ben Arfa at all.

Great posts RE Ben Arfa/Marv but don't you think you're wasting your time on CT?

Sent me about 4 tweets the other day, I haven't responded to any of them. Waiting for him to get more wound up that I didn't respond and go on another rant :lol:

Although I was fishing because I knew he would bite what I actually tweeted to him was fairly sensible (ie he should use these articles on his forum to increase the traffic) :unsure2:

Edited by Gejon

Has anyone ever met LM in real life?

I know there's a couple of people who have and, unsurprisingly, he's been a nice enough bloke. I've offered to meet him as well, but he, like you, prefers the protection that bridging the gap between the real world and the world that only exists on the internet removes.

I've met loads of people off here and twitter who I didn't know before ND people build up a perception that often isn't true. People seem staggered that I'm not a divvy when I've met them for instance. I think LM gets a harsh press and there's very much a bullying posse when it comes to him.

I've met loads of people off here and twitter who I didn't know before ND people build up a perception that often isn't true. People seem staggered that I'm not a divvy when I've met them for instance. I think LM gets a harsh press and there's very much a bullying posse when it comes to him.

Stevie man, he's the one contacting us. If he had drifted off into the ether he wouldn't get mentioned half as much. When you bring him up, people reply, or he tweets at us and most people know nothing about it until you reply to him using the @ tags.

He's not getting bullied he's getting rightly mocked for being a fucking moron.

Stevie man, he's the one contacting us. If he had drifted off into the ether he wouldn't get mentioned half as much. When you bring him up, people reply, or he tweets at us and most people know nothing about it until you reply to him using the @ tags.

He's not getting bullied he's getting rightly mocked for being a fucking moron.

He's hurting because he's been banned, there's posters who write far more drivel than he ever did. I think two way olive branches, between Trent Posse and LM would go a long way to restoring some positive karma, as Parky would say.