The Twitter Thread

peasepud

I don't think he has at all. My feeling is we didn't sacrifice 500,000 men between 1939 and 1945 to have democracy tossed aside like this. I'll say no more about it, because as has been pointed out I have "no say".

It's a messageboard, a private members club if you like. Either way, my point was, you don't speak for the views of the board (neither does Ant). It's just your opinion on the bloke. Fair enough, but don't start listing people who agree with you when it's bollocks. You did it with me when I wasn't even posting here (and agreed with the ban for that matter). As you like to say "Why lie?"

I don't think he has at all. My feeling is we didn't sacrifice 500,000 men between 1939 and 1945 to have democracy tossed aside like this. I'll say no more about it, because as has been pointed out I have "no say".

:lol:

Fucking hell!

Bit melodramatic there mind Stevie!

your'e slating the place, how it's run and me, and constantly posting bollocks from someone who has been banned in a thread that again should have fuck all to do with him

so yeah pipe down on it, if you don't like it jog on and find somewhere that suits... might i suggest http://z3.invisionfr...forum/index.php

Newest member 'Singapore toon'. :lol: That's got to be Gemmill.

Fucking hell!

Bit melodramatic there mind Stevie!

We didn't send our brave boys to fight an evil empire discriminating against minorities so that our brave old men could be prevented from discriminating against minorities on an internet forum :panic:

We didn't send our brave boys to fight an evil empire discriminating against minorities so that our brave old men could be prevented from discriminating against minorities on an internet forum :panic:

Sweet David!

Bring out the Mohammed Shed!

No more personal than telling someone who's posted here for 6 years to "do one", because of a difference of opinion?

You don't understand what is meant by 'personal' do you. It means abuse directed at an individual for a specific feature/characteristic/personality trait not shared by others. Me calling you fat was personal. Telling you to do one is about as impersonal as you can get. You can say that to anyone.

All manner of cunts would. LoveTheBobby, Tooj, Howmanheyman, CT, RobH, @yourservice, brummiemag1, Monroe Transfer to name a few.

I'm not that bothered as it happens, but given the choice I'd probably say bring him back as it's clear posting on here is important to him and he is a genuine long term supporter who knows his Alan Foggon's from his Wes Saunders, which can't be said of every poster, doesn't like our owner, (Who does?), and also knows about the real history of our club, (maybe not that important to some but it gives him a little bit more leeway than someone who thinks 'Gordon McKeag' is probably some brand of Gin). Anyway, I'm quite confident nobody really gives two shites on my opinion regarding Leazes and it's irrelevant as the majority don't want him back or so it would seem, but anyway, as you brought me up that's my thoughts on it, Stevie.

*Shake*

I'm right as I've been saying for years...

*Shake*

...where is the Carroll money?...

*Shake*

...take two bay leaves and some cumin and add it to the pot...

*Shake*

...you utter irish chum.

I'm not that bothered as it happens, but given the choice I'd probably say bring him back as it's clear posting on here is important to him and he is a genuine long term supporter who knows his Alan Foggon's from his Wes Saunders, which can't be said of every poster, doesn't like our owner, (Who does?), and also knows about the real history of our club, (maybe not that important to some but it gives him a little bit more leeway than someone who thinks 'Gordon McKeag' is probably some brand of Gin). Anyway, I'm quite confident nobody really gives two shites on my opinion regarding Leazes and it's irrelevant as the majority don't want him back or so it would seem, but anyway, as you brought me up that's my thoughts on it, Stevie.

I think you've summed the thoughts of the silent majority up there.

I've remained silent because its boring. I argued against a ban for a long time as an admin and I'd let him back now...but only so we could ban him again after a couple of posts.

Wasted my time defending him tbh. His tweets sum up everything he brought to the board. Not one bit of it worth reading after the first 17 times.

All manner of cunts would. LoveTheBobby, Tooj, Howmanheyman, CT, RobH, @yourservice, brummiemag1, Monroe Transfer to name a few.

Firstly, I'm going to acknowledge to being a hypocrite in that some of his 'in other news' beliefs didn't sit too comfortably at times .

Secondly, I'm a sarcastic cunt and most of my posts to/about him tended to be taking the piss - some on the basis of his repetition, some on his views, some just to poke sticks .

What I think the amount of debate on this (historically and presently) basically shows is - we all love it really !

Bit of bickering, bit of a HOO-HAA and all that . That's why/where many tune in anyway I'd wager .

I think he knew which buttons to press quite a bit of the time (no bad thing really) but some of the repetition got too much and then came the cyclic carry on and ultimately many folks' frustration .

I've not been around very long compared to most of the folk on here and I tend not to take it too seriously in the main as I've got plenty of other things going on to genuinely worry about . It's a great distraction from some of the everyday shit 'life' brings . I like it as it has a varied set of ages, views, memories, priorities, concerns, loves, hates, ACAB etc.

(and hoping not to sound patronising here) Leazes is obviously an interesting character and has seen many comings and goings at NU , has seen/done a bit 'in life' and has the craic/tales in line with that .

Personally, I'm a sucker for a good drop of nostalgia (a Club is nothing without history, fans etc.) and love hearing and reading footy chat from older heads, the trips away, daft incidents at matches etc. and would always welcome more of that . Similarly with general 'life stories' .

I'd end this shambolic slaver with "oh can't we all just get on ?" but that wouldn't be the point .

Nor would it be interesting ;)

It's a bit of a laugh in one thread, when the forum became www.Leazesmagisamentaloldtwattastic.net is where it became a problem. Not going to lie that laughing at his style wasn't funny but if they played the Only Fools and Horses episode where Del Boy falls through the bar all day, every day on the same channel we would all stop watching TV.

Given that he couldn't let that argument go, whether it was a thread about Ben Arfa, a thread in the football forum or even a thread in the general chat forum. As shown on twitter he will never let it go and the forum loses out as a consequence.

He can be the most knowledgeable poster in the world but if he won't actually talk about those experience he is essentially the worlds greatest singer who has permanently lost their voice.

Edited by Gejon

A prize goes to the first person who can link to one of Leazes' excellent posts. He started a thread about man city that was canny at the end of last season when he was trying to be good. Owt else?

He did his Book At Bedtime series on that Taylor & Clough book he was reading . .

I think this basically says everything he wants to say, and I agree with a lot of it. I think a lot of what he is looking for is for people to say he was right about Mike Ashley 5 years ago. He was. I just think he's striving for acknowledgement.

you can't read that without genuinely worrying about the man's mental health. it's not even funny, just disturbing

He did his Book At Bedtime series on that Taylor & Clough book he was reading . .

:lol: the Book at Bedtime series was a lovely, warm and comforting thread which pre-fixed 3 lovely nights sleep for me. It was like the shipping forecast on radio 4.

Didn't he then just use that thread to hit people over the head with in other threads though? I seem to remember getting a bollocking for not having something to say about the unsolicited book review that he was writing.