The Twitter Thread

peasepud

Are you back on the podcast then?

I think it's what A.G. Bell had in mind all those years ago. 

Apparently the audio is a little hinky, but there's sweet F.A. I can do about that from 200 miles away.

:lol:

I think I asked why you weren't doing it remotely a few weeks back and you cited the audio issue. Apparently the world's need of your analysis is too great  as to be disrupted by petty things like production quality ;)

:lol:

I think I asked why you weren't doing it remotely a few weeks back and you cited the audio issue. Apparently the world's need of your analysis is too great  as to be disrupted by petty things like production quality ;)

To be honest, it's not just the quality of the audio that I find an issue, it's the lack of real-time visual clues for when to talk. Harder to gauge when someone hasn't yet finished their point, or if they're about to crack a joke. 

Get better internet :lol: I video call at work and on a decent connection it's near seamless these days.

Mine is tip tippety tip top, it's theirs that's a pile of dog shit. It'll be fucking Dial-Up or some shit.

I think it's what A.G. Bell had in mind all those years ago. 

Apparently the audio is a little hinky, but there's sweet F.A. I can do about that from 200 miles away.

Thats not true, Skype in so you can see them, record your own audio track at your place, do something like a clap sync at the start or any edit points for whoever edits it to use as reference to prevent audio creep and keep them running properly side by side and send it in via dropbox or google drive.

Easy.

Thats not true, Skype in so you can see them, record your own audio track at your place, do something like a clap sync at the start or any edit points for whoever edits it to use as reference to prevent audio creep and keep them running properly side by side and send it in via dropbox or google drive.

Easy.

Not sure the company who provide the engineer would be ok with that, and I've not got a mic at mine. 

Of course, it might not be an issue for long, because I want to start a new podcast up here with some mates. One of them works at the BBC and hopefully should have  access to recording equipment/a studio. :good:

Not sure the company who provide the engineer would be ok with that, and I've not got a mic at mine. 

Of course, it might not be an issue for long, because I want to start a new podcast up here with some mates. One of them works at the BBC and hopefully should have  access to recording equipment/a studio. :good:

A newcastle/football podcast based in the north west you say...

FFS Dave, it's not difficult or expensive.

https://www.zoom.co.jp/products/handy-recorder/iq6-xy-stereo-microphone-ios

A newcastle/football podcast based in the north west you say...

Think there's a real gap in the market for some lads talking about football...

Think there's a real gap in the market for some lads talking about football...

Why don't you give the True Geordie a call, he does podcasts now apparently. Seems to have several hundred thousand viewers per video, sure he'd be happy to help you out :thumbsup:

Why don't you give the True Geordie a call, he does podcasts now apparently. Seems to have several hundred thousand viewers per video, sure he'd be happy to help you out :thumbsup:

It would be like the two Ronnies fighting over the comedy account.