The Twitter Thread

peasepud

Barton released?

:razz:

Why wait a year for a big money move when you can go all native on twitter and bank the big bucks now.

#Footballersarenearlyallselfinterestedgreedywankers

My assumption is this will save Ashley the £2.5m salary and whatever loyalty bonus he's due....hardly a money hungry move from JB.

We'll have to pay him his wages to cancel the contact, . So we save nothing there.

You think the club have gone in and said "we'll pay up all we owe you if you go"?

I reckon it's more a case of "you don't like us, we don't like you, we'll not demand a fee for you if you don't demand your contract to be honoured."

Everyone's happy....except the fans.

What happens if you cancel your direct debit like Stevie? Debt collectors?

Nar I think you can just walk away. Because IIRC the DD didn't involve any external finance company, this is the first time I've not just paid cash for it tbh.

Barton released?

:razz:

Why wait a year for a big money move when you can go all native on twitter and bank the big bucks now.

#Footballersarenearlyallselfinterestedgreedywankers

My assumption is this will save Ashley the £2.5m salary and whatever loyalty bonus he's due....hardly a money hungry move from JB.

We'll have to pay him his wages to cancel the contact, . So we save nothing there.

You think the club have gone in and said "we'll pay up all we owe you if you go"?

I reckon it's more a case of "you don't like us, we don't like you, we'll not demand a fee for you if you don't demand your contract to be honoured."

Everyone's happy....except the fans.

the wording of "allowing him to leave on a free transfer" means we'd pay him fuck all but he can go if anyone wants him, be interesting if he refused to leave, they'd still have to pay him for the year of his contract

I genuinely feel sorry for anyone that's bought a ticket this year. This is an absolute pisstake of the people handing over their cash. Dreadful mismanagement of the club.

Same. Paying to watch an abject, depressed shower of shit wasn't fun in 2008/09, it's not going to be this year.

I think one of the successes of Newcastle last season in games like Arsenal away where we had to dig in, was the English core of the side, and you'd have to say that the three most important players in that were Carroll, Nolan and Barton. Was the plan to replace people with years of Premiership experience, who were the cornerstone of dressing room harmony, with cheaper inexperienced foreign imports. Is that the fuckin masterplan? Even the most staunch Ashley sympathiser must look in the mirror today and say to themselves "I'm a total cunt for buying this hook line and sinker".

I think one of the successes of Newcastle last season in games like Arsenal away where we had to dig in, was the English core of the side, and you'd have to say that the three most important players in that were Carroll, Nolan and Barton. Was the plan to replace people with years of Premiership experience, who were the cornerstone of dressing room harmony, with cheaper inexperienced foreign imports. Is that the fuckin masterplan? Even the most staunch Ashley sympathiser must look in the mirror today and say to themselves "I'm a total cunt for buying this hook line and sinker".

Honestly. If this transfer window doesn't make the penny drop with everyone, then I'm seriously concerned for their mental health. The scary thing is, the worst is still to come!

Massive boycott anyone? Best decision Is ever made stopping going to games whilst he is in charge

Feel vindicated by my choice like. I'll probably revise the idea of attending any games at all the way it's going. He's absolutely ripping this piss. Assuming this is genuine it's really just the icing on the cake anyway.

What happens if you cancel your direct debit like Stevie? Debt collectors?

Nar I think you can just walk away. Because IIRC the DD didn't involve any external finance company, this is the first time I've not just paid cash for it tbh.

Worth looking through this thread as this is where we discussed cancelling direct debits etc after Keegan went.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...80&hl=debit

Think the club've realised he won't keep quiet in his last season here so this is their solution. That's not a justification of that stance btw, just suggesting that's the way they work.

So Barton is officially a free agent then? That is fucking mental from the board, as even if he fell out with Ashley and co. over Twatter comments or whatever, they could have sold him on after a very good season. Instead, they've lost out on a fee, and will probably have to pay some sort of severance pay.

I just can't understand that at all.

Tiote probably on the phone to his agent as we speak

He's made all the right noises about wanting to stay but I've said for a while that I think he'll be away in January.

Newcastle United can confirm that Joey Barton has been placed on the transfer list today (Monday).

The player has been advised that he can leave the club on a free transfer.

NUFC.co.uk

They don't even want to flog him.

We could probably get £4m for him. This is just fucking childish, it's become personal because he didn't fuck off when he was told to in 2009, and now these comments yesterday, they know we all now know the truth for definite that the whole club is pissed off with the two clowns running and the complete dereliction of any plan to move the club forward successfully.

So Barton is officially a free agent then? That is fucking mental from the board, as even if he fell out with Ashley and co. over Twatter comments or whatever, they could have sold him on after a very good season. Instead, they've lost out on a fee, and will probably have to pay some sort of severance pay.

I just can't understand that at all.

not quite, Hes still an NUFC player and if he doesnt leave the player and club will have to honour the last year of his contract, what the club have done is put JB on the Market and said to anyone who wants him "we're not asking for a fee" which means they won't have to give him a loyalty bonus or any of that if he does leave

Given this little insight into the way the club operates and with what's gone before you can see why Enrique has been a bit reticent about signing his soopa-doopa new contract.