Souness's replacement

Yogic

Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock may have decided not to join Portsmouth but he has revealed that he could still be tempted to leave Bramall Lane if the right offer came along.

Warnock rejected an approach by Pompey in favour of staying with the Championship high-flyers, but is far from happy with The Blades' reluctance to guarantee him a contract extension.

"I don't think I can (rule out a move to the Premiership) in the contractual situation that I am in," he told the Yorkshire Post.

"At the moment I have no intentions but if Newcastle come in for me next week, or Manchester United or Chelsea, you never know.

"Any other manager in my contractual situation would have gone.

"Now, I can't envisage being anywhere else this season. I have spoken to (chairman) Kevin McCabe and I think we have just to get on with trying to get us up."

--

Thats a smart way to say "I know Souness isnt doing the job, I want a chance"

He knows Manu will never hire him (even if Fergie leaves) and that Jose is with us for another 5 years.

Thoughts ...?

Not gonna happen.

Surely. :icon_lol:

According to the papers today Shepherd spent the weekend looking for a replacement for Souness. Which basically means he kept ringing Shearer going "Ah go on Alan. I'll be your best friend if you do it".

Not gonna happen.

According to the papers today Shepherd spent the weekend looking for a replacement for Souness.  Which basically means he kept ringing Shearer going "Ah go on Alan.  I'll be your best friend if you do it".

64482[/snapback]

That, or phoning Alan Oliver, 'Alan, with your vast network of contacts, who have you had calls from this week that would be interested in taking on the Newcastle job?' B)

Not gonna happen.

According to the papers today Shepherd spent the weekend looking for a replacement for Souness.  Which basically means he kept ringing Shearer going "Ah go on Alan.  I'll be your best friend if you do it".

64482[/snapback]

That, or phoning Alan Oliver, 'Alan, with your vast network of contacts, who have you had calls from this week that would be interested in taking on the Newcastle job?' B)

64485[/snapback]

Alan Oliver: "Brett Emerton."

Relax, it's not going to happen. Souness will be with us long enough to let us get so pissed off that we accept Shearer and Roeder in temporary charge until the end of the season, which will prove to be less than succesful at which time we accept 5th on the list again.

See, Freddie's got a plan!!