Souness this thick

adios

Souness has come out last Friday he said he'd never walk and basically suggested the fans were to blame for the last 40 years without silverware (although I thought maybe it was a dig at the local media) and over the weekend he's said the fans can't expect to win every game which was an obvious wind-up. I know Souness has a history of saying stupid things but anyone who once met someone with half a brain would realise the effects these suggestions would have on the fans.

So has he decided he wants out but wants his severance and is therefore giving Freddy only one choice?

Souness has come out last Friday he said he'd never walk and basically suggested the fans were to blame for the last 40 years without silverware (although I thought maybe it was a dig at the local media) and over the weekend he's said the fans can't expect to win every game which was an obvious wind-up.  I know Souness has a history of saying stupid things but anyone who once met someone with half a brain would realise the effects these suggestions would have on the fans.

So has he decided he wants out but wants his severance and is therefore giving Freddy only one choice?

64501[/snapback]

Mmmmm, there maybe something in that. Could he be deliberately seeking confrontation with the fans in the hope that we persuade Portly Freddie to dispense with his services??

Mmmmm, there maybe something in that. Could he be deliberately seeking confrontation with the fans in the hope that we persuade Portly Freddie to dispense with his services??

64504[/snapback]

Grand, so now I at least know that it's not as crazy as it sounded..or we're both mad as a bag of cats.

64504[/snapback]

Grand, so now I at least know that it's not as crazy as it sounded..or we're both mad as a bag of cats.

64505[/snapback]

Probably the latter?? or should that be 'litter'? :icon_lol:B)

Probably the latter?? or should that be 'litter'? B)  :)

64507[/snapback]

Oh dear! :icon_lol:

How could I forget about Graeme's classic last week that he's got more important things to worry about, somebody hire that man a PR manager.

I don't understand this severence pay bollocks. The man is incapable. He's not doing his job to the satisfaction of his employers (that's us, not the suits). A verbal warning, a written warning then send him on his way without a bean.

I don't understand this severence pay bollocks.  The man is incapable.  He's not doing his job to the satisfaction of his employers (that's us, not the suits).  A verbal warning, a written warning then send him on his way without a bean.

64518[/snapback]

He's only got 6 months left on his contract too hasn't he?

I don't understand this severence pay bollocks.  The man is incapable.  He's not doing his job to the satisfaction of his employers (that's us, not the suits).  A verbal warning, a written warning then send him on his way without a bean.

64518[/snapback]

64519[/snapback]

That's what I believe. What's he on? About £100K a month?

Maybe Dyer can put into the kitty and get some fans back on his side.

this club has ever had my arsehole.

64514[/snapback]

You really should learn some punctuation you know Dave.... :icon_lol:

64515[/snapback]

From what I witnessed last week, my arsehole is picking the team.

64516[/snapback]

There can't be too many fans left who don't think the club's had a jolly good go at their arseholes, either!

64518[/snapback]

64519[/snapback]

That's what I believe. What's he on? About £100K a month?

Maybe Dyer can put into the kitty and get some fans back on his side.

64520[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

64518[/snapback]

Because of the insecurity of their jobs, most managers now (with the help of the LMA) have language in their contracts that guarantees them a certain amount of money over the course of their deal. If they are sacked before their total wages reach that amount, the club must pay the difference. It's not technically "severance."

64518[/snapback]

Because of the insecurity of their jobs, most managers now (with the help of the LMA) have language in their contracts that guarantees them a certain amount of money over the course of their deal. If they are sacked before their total wages reach that amount, the club must pay the difference. It's not technically "severance."

64555[/snapback]

Translated through my Happy brain that read...

Because, lots of managers now are shit, they have language in their contracts that guarantees them a certain amount of money over the course of their deal.  When they are sacked before their total wages reach that amount, the club must pay the difference.  It's a good scam thought up by a Nigerian and emailed to premier league chairmen around the country

We'd have to pay up the rest of his contract either in one lump sum or continue his salary till his contract would have expired. Added to this would be the fact we'd be paying our new manager a salary also. To be fair, if I had a piss poor track record I'd be putting exactly the same clause in.

64518[/snapback]

64555[/snapback]

Translated through my Happy brain that read...

Because, lots of managers now are shit, they have language in their contracts that guarantees them a certain amount of money over the course of their deal.  When they are sacked before their total wages reach that amount, the club must pay the difference.  It's a good scam thought up by a Nigerian and emailed to premier league chairmen around the country

64572[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

Souness has come out last Friday he said he'd never walk and basically suggested the fans were to blame for the last 40 years without silverware (although I thought maybe it was a dig at the local media) and over the weekend he's said the fans can't expect to win every game which was an obvious wind-up.  I know Souness has a history of saying stupid things but anyone who once met someone with half a brain would realise the effects these suggestions would have on the fans.

64501[/snapback]

64504[/snapback]

hmm, not like him at all that is it

See my sig.

This is one confrontation the bastard won't win. He's soon to be history, and not one person will mourn the loss of the despicable clueless twat.

Edited by LeazesMag

As I see it, he's basically saying "you'll have to sack me" with his "I won't resign" comments. Must be short of a few bob. He looks resigned to his fate in my opinion, his body language and use of words "they", "them" etc. and not "my", "we", "us" as per usual is a clear indication of that (for me anyway). And out in the dugout, he's just sat on his arse during the last 3 games or so doing nothing.

He's also stopped defending the team and trying to justify himself, he's now defending himself and talking about life away from football.

As for his 'attack' on the fans (I read it as an 'attack' on the local media more than anything), could well be his way of trying to force the club into making a quicker decision. If you criticise the fans at this club, and alienate them further, you're looking for trouble. We all know he likes a challenge...

Interestingly, Oliver keeps hinting of a move to Rangers which he has now denied (a lie), which could be interpreted as the club trying to make his job untenable, pushing him into handing in his notice?

Who knows with United, it's one saga after another. Should all be concluded soon enough however, one way or another.

He's a dead man walking.

Has anyone read the article in this mornings journal suggesting that we would be better off keeping Souness in order to allow him to finish what he has started (a one way ticket to the fizzy pop league as far as I can see) and have some stability.

It suggests that we did better when Keegan and Robson were here because we allowed them time in the job.

Perhaps if Souness had succeeded in any way shape or form then that might be the case but we have been awfull since he has been here so I can't see how that sort of continuity can help!

Has anyone read the article in this mornings journal suggesting that we would be better off keeping Souness in order to allow him to finish what he has started (a one way ticket to the fizzy pop league as far as I can see) and have some stability.

It suggests that we did better when Keegan and Robson were here because we allowed them time in the job.

Perhaps if Souness had succeeded in any way shape or form then that might be the case but we have been awfull since he has been here so I can't see how that sort of continuity can help!

64786[/snapback]

I read it, strange as after the Chelsea game, the Journal were saying he should go, hypocrites.

Says the man who said "give him time" but who now says "go Graeme" :icon_lol:

64786[/snapback]

stupidity plummeting to new depths I would say.

Just when I thought the local press were beginning to see the light at last

Maybe it isn't only the football team that we should expect to be surprised by

As I see it, he's basically saying "you'll have to sack me" with his "I won't resign" comments.

Quite correct. One in the eye for those who say Bellamy put himself before the club, and Souness didn't.

Must be short of a few bob. He looks resigned to his fate in my opinion, his body language and use of words "they", "them" etc. and not "my", "we", "us" as per usual is a clear indication of that (for me anyway). And out in the dugout, he's just sat on his arse during the last 3 games or so doing nothing.

He's also stopped defending the team and trying to justify himself, he's now defending himself and talking about life away from football.

he's lost and he knows it. Or at least, he's lost the football battle. In comparison with people like Keegan [and Gullit] who resigned out of an honour, it makes Souness look like the twat he is [or should do]. In Gullits case, I was glad to see him go [but nowhere near I will be when Souness goes] but he won my total respect for admitting that he had got it wrong, failed, and waived the remainder of his contract accordingly.

Question is, especially for those who consider Keegan a "quitter", what would you rather see now. Souness being honest like Keegan was, or hanging on for grim death to screw a few million more quid out of us ?

As for his 'attack' on the fans (I read it as an 'attack' on the local media more than anything), could well be his way of trying to force the club into making a quicker decision. If you criticise the fans at this club, and alienate them further, you're looking for trouble. We all know he likes a challenge...

Interestingly, Oliver keeps hinting of a move to Rangers which he has now denied (a lie), which could be interpreted as the club trying to make his job untenable, pushing him into handing in his notice?

Who knows with United, it's one saga after another. Should all be concluded soon enough however, one way or another.

He's a dead man walking.

64778[/snapback]

the sooner the better. Significant that Oliver has changed his stance, although it's pretty much expected .......

Edited by LeazesMag

What pissed me off about Souness's comments last week that suggested the fans were (at least partly) to blame was the following: During his time here and despite the fact that virtually nobody wanted him to start with, the fans haven't got on his back at matches. There was the odd murmur on Saturday but that's the first time I've heard at a home game and Souness's comments were before then anyway.