Taxi Drivers

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

i'm not just saying this because of Christmas Tree, but 95% of them are total wanks aren't they. Let's face it if they had half a brain they wouldn't be taxi-ing anyway. The fact is they aren't intelligent enough to get another job, apart from that cunt who won Mastermind in the 80's.

Why is it that most taxi drivers think they're an expert on most subjects yet when you probe them they haven't got a clue, then some of them take the huff when you don't give them a big enough tip. There's also the ones who pray on drunk young lasses, I don't think there's a profession with more mugs in it.

Despicable, seedy characters many of them who have issues with body odour and bad breath, and who talk out of their arse from my experiences anyway. This CT person does not help that kind of stereotyping. ;)

Edited by Ken

I'm a bit ambivalent tbh. On the one hand, 80% of private hire drivers are seedy tory cunts (;)), and I resent their £70k salaries whilst they are on holiday most the time. On the other hand, I've really had to rely on them the past two weeks. Once the thaw comes they can fuck off mind. <_<

The London ones are pretty bad, costs me £50-£60 from Central London to Blackheath in a black cab and I know the streets like the back of my hand, plenty times they've went the long way round trying to bump me. One time this guy took me towards the Rotherhithe Tunnel (which was closed) then the Blackwall Tunnel (which was closed), you tell me what taxi driver wouldn't know TWO of London's main tunnels are closed, was over 70 quid the fare I gave him 50 after 5 minutes arguing. I don't trust them.

Englands Taxi drivers went up in my estimation after I spent over 2 hours trying to flag down a taxi in Sydney only for them to laugh and drive off when I told them I wanted a lift to Drummoyne :razz: Mental scenes of people fighting on street corners over taxis!

Englands Taxi drivers went up in my estimation after I spent over 2 hours trying to flag down a taxi in Sydney only for them to laugh and drive off when I told them I wanted a lift to Drummoyne :razz: Mental scenes of people fighting on street corners over taxis!

Had a similar experience myself trying to get to Clovelly Bay. Notoriously bad.

Not sure who are worse in London, the black cabs who won't go out of their way or the shady minicabs who'll go anywhere.

I'll only get a black cab in London. Too many times the minicabs will use the sat-nav to get around meaning you don't use the bus lanes and the likes. It also means they'll happily try and take you through the Rotherhithe (like Steve says) whereas black cabs always seem to know what they're doing.

I got a cab from Camden to Clapham at 2am for the princely some of £26, when the guy who picked me up was literally just about to knock off for the night. Had informed football chat all the way home (unlikely as it seems, the guy was a cockernery Villa fan who really knew what he was on about.), despite the fact his normal "patch" was norf o' the rivah, he knew which streets were shut because of water-works and the like.

Cross that with my Dad suffering some bloke who barely spoke english trying to take them from a hotel in Richmond to a hotel by Heathrow via Fulham, because that's what the satnav said.

When we went to Sofia in 99 for the game we got a taxi from the hotel into town from the hotel after arriving and he took us by a route which looked increasingly dodgy. One of my mates who's a fanny was panicking thinking we were going to be killed which I actually started to think as well. Then he stopped and asked us if we wanted women as his brother's place was just around the corner. We replied that we just wanted beer so he shrugged and took us straight to a great bar in the centre. The fare was only about £2 anyway so we didn't bother complaining about the diversion.

He had a snide Lacoste t-shirt on that an alligator about the size of the planet across it. Happy days.