Family from OZ

toon1941

Hi all,

Long time toon fan,(60 years) and paying my first visit to Newcastle for 40 years.What a time to come and sit in the Gallowgate!

My Aussie wife,son and daughter are going also and have been brainwashed to support the Toon.(Poor buggers!)

Any advice on a family friendly pub near the ground would be appreciated.

My two pennorth on the latest debacle is,either there has to be a hidden agenda somewhere behind the scenes,or Asley is a bloody headcase off major proportions.

Looking forward to seeing my spiritual home once more.Go the might Magpies!!!

I would have said all bars are family friendly, busy but not a problem for taking kids into. Maybe the one under Eldon Garden car park "Duck and summat or other" would be the best for kids thats closest to the ground.

Although theres a talk in with Supermac on Saturday pre-match in the Centurion next to the Central Station which could be good for kids.

I would have said all bars are family friendly, busy but not a problem for taking kids into. Maybe the one under Eldon Garden car park "Duck and summat or other" would be the best for kids thats closest to the ground.

Although theres a talk in with Supermac on Saturday pre-match in the Centurion next to the Central Station which could be good for kids.

Sorry,I should have said the Kids are 26 and 22!!

If they close their eyes it's like being at a Zippy talk-in too.

I didn't realise kids were allowed in pubs in town tbh. But I've never had occasion to try and take one to a pub. Paedo jokes on the way....

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

There's a few places with jack the rippers on for them then.

:razz:

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
get in the Star, still only £1.80 a pint. (which is half what I pay down here)

Who was manager of the toon last time you were in The Star like? Jack Charlton??

get in the Star, still only £1.80 a pint. (which is half what I pay down here)

Who was manager of the toon last time you were in The Star like? Jack Charlton??

;)

I was in there before the Villa game, Best Scotch was £1.80