The press is turning on Souness

Isegrim

Flicking through yesterdays and todays press reports it looks like Souness has more or less lost all support.

Yesterdays Irish Independent was excoriating. Todays Telegraph not much better.

Even Anal O. is more and more turning against him. Todays pieces are a bit tilly-tally.

But best described is the current state by John Gibson:

"United's manager had challenged his players to "show real passion, real fire in our bellies".

What he, you and me got was a damp, insipid excuse of a football match, even if Souness professed himself happy afterwards.

A stale pie and a mug of stewed tea would have been more appetising than this 90 minutes."

Flicking through yesterdays and todays press reports it looks like Souness has more or less lost all support.

Even Anal O. is more and more turning against him. Todays pieces are a bit tilly-tally.

"United's manager had challenged his players to "show real passion, real fire in our bellies".

What he, you and me got was a damp, insipid excuse of a football match, even if Souness professed himself happy afterwards.

A stale pie and a mug of stewed tea would have been more appetising than this 90 minutes."

64538[/snapback]

That word is exactly how I would have described it.

pssst, what does it mean?? B):icon_lol:

64538[/snapback]

That word is exactly how I would have described it.

pssst, what does it mean?? :):)

64542[/snapback]

Doesn't it mean "criticizing heavily"? :icon_lol: If not is sounds sophisticated nevertheless... B)

Isn't Alan Oliver usually a barometer for what Fat Fred is thinking? i.e. He puts out what he is told to from the powers that be. If so then it would appear that Souness really is on the edge.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Who really gives a shit what the irish independent thinks?

64556[/snapback]

Well, I added it because it was more or less a scathing attack on Souness whole career as a manager and so I think it is a reflection on how the press is describing the current state of affair at Newcastle. :icon_lol:

Isn't Alan Oliver usually a barometer for what Fat Fred is thinking? i.e. He puts out what he is told to from the powers that be. If so then it would appear that Souness really is on the edge.

64551[/snapback]

You can guarantee that if Souness wasn't on the brink Anal would be brown nosing him. He's obviously cutting his ties with the Souness In camp ready for the next manager to arrive so he can begin to kiss his arse.

the press is turning on souness

I'm scared. Just truly truly SCARED.

I interpretted that thread title in *completely* the wrong way.

I mean... just..... WTF?!?!

*goes off to remove brain from head. permanently.*

the press is turning on souness

I'm scared. Just truly truly SCARED.

I interpretted that thread title in *completely* the wrong way.

I mean... just..... WTF?!?!

*goes off to remove brain from head. permanently.*

64596[/snapback]

Lou, I seriously wonder if you are having too many E numbers in your diet :icon_lol::)B)

The thing is, the first time I saw this thread, I took it how it was MEANT to be read, and all is well.

But since I've seen it that other way... I just can't stop reading it like that.

I'm going to go to sleep soon. My head hurts. This isn't helping.

Doesn't it mean "criticizing heavily"? :icon_lol: If not is sounds sophisticated nevertheless...  B)

64547[/snapback]

It does indeed, I think it literally means taking the skin off something, very evocative!