Gazza quits Kettering

Bizza

Staying in one job for too long can be a mistake. Look at Curbishley. I suspect that gazza, being the shrewd, calculating type, is aware of this and didn't want to get to the point of being stale and just going through the motions.

If I was a Kettering fan there'd be no animosty, just a big thank you for the good times and good luck in your future endeavours.

Staying in one job for too long can be a mistake. Look at Curbishley. I suspect that gazza, being the shrewd, calculating type, is aware of this and didn't want to get to the point of being stale and just going through the motions.

If I was a Kettering fan there'd be no animosty, just a big thank you for the good times and good luck in your future endeavours.

64565[/snapback]

:icon_lol:B):)

My money's on a massive falling off of a wagon.

Word has it that Gazza made an attempt to buy the club from the new owner this morning, this was rejected, presumably Gazza considered his position untenable following this rejection.

From Gazza's website:

Paul Gascoigne said:-

“I’ve lost 2 out of 7 games in the league & have been told of the previous management team stats when they took over. The chairman wants to sack me but I said I will never walk away from Kettering Town & I will fight all the way.”

“I am now looking to buy the football club, I said I would never walk away & I said I would achieve the goal of achieving league status in the next 3 to 5 years.”

“I have spoken to top professionals in the game and they have said I should of walked away weeks ago. I didn’t and got my head down by working hard & I will continue to stick in there until I achieve my goal.”

“If the fans want to get rid of me I will take that onboard. I have worked hard in the last 6 weeks and haven’t been paid by the club.”

“I have never been left alone to do my job as manager. Imraan has questioned Paul Davis’s decision on Arsenal reserve team players, ‘are they good enough to play for Kettering Town?”

“He sacked a long standing fan & supporter of the club & then re-instated him the following day. I have paid all of the voluntary staff personally out of my own pocket as they are a fantastic asset to the football club & players. Imraan’s view was don’t pay them because there not used to it.”

“Imraan spoke about substantial funds being made available to take this club forward and I’m yet to see them materialise.”

“On the way to watch the reserves, Imraan rang up the reserve team manager and said drop the two forwards that the manager had included and told him to play his own choice of forwards. The reserves were set up for us to take a look at new players and he totally undermines the football management decisions.”

“The fans can make their own decision. They either want me & Paul Davis to take this club forward or they want a doctor in charge?”

“Look at what we’ve achieved in 5 weeks. Two top teams want one of my players, two players have been called up by England, I’ve brought in two top players, installed a reserve team to help with new trialists & injured players coming back, improved the nutrition for the players and I’ve achieved this in only 5 weeks at the club.”

“Myself & Paul could not organise training sessions because we didn’t know which players he wanted to add into the training sessions.”

“Imraan has got the arse with me because I have been in the game for years. I’ve asked him not to be in my office & asked him if he could use somewhere else to conduct his business.”

“I also asked him to smarten up for match days and to act as a club ambassador.”

“He does not speak to sponsors or away team directors. This was left up to myself to meet & greet sponsors. He has my whole staff a nervous wreck & I can’t continue in this way.”

“If I do leave then, god bless Kettering Town Football Club and the next manager.”

“I have thoroughly enjoyed working with the Kettering community, switching on the town’s Christmas lights, meeting fans & sponsors & I feel I’ve created a buzz around the town which I want to continue.”

“I’m totally committed to Kettering & I have a dinner planned on the 14th December at Wicksteed Park which will go ahead if the fans still want to come and see me.”

“I believe in the town & the potential the club has and I believe we have made huge strides forward in the past 5/6 weeks. But unfortunately the situation has become untenable and we will look to find a solution to the issues.”

Love the bit about him telling the club owner to smarten himself up on matchdays. :icon_lol: He's got a fucking cheek that enormous suit he was pictured in the day he got the job:

_40962626_gazza300_300profile.jpg

"Haway man. I know you own the club and that put you look a proper clip. You wanna try and be a bit more like me."

other side of the story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...onf/4501572.stm

Gazza disputes Ladak drink claims

I thought football was what he needed, but being a manager has pushed him the other way

Kettering owner Imraan Ladak

Paul Gascoigne has denied claims from Kettering owner Imraan Ladak that his position as manager was made untenable because he had begun drinking again.

Gascoigne, 38, was sacked on Monday but said he was actually axed because he would not run the team as Ladak wanted.

"I had a double brandy before one of the games, but it used to be four bottles of whiskey a day - it's not now," Gascoigne told Sky Sports News.

"I had a glass of wine after one game and told him to stay out of the team."

Ladak says he had no choice but to sack Gascoigne as manager because the former England star was "under the influence of alcohol" in the post.

Ladak told BBC Radio Five Live: "If you are a recovering alcoholic there is no reason to drink but Paul thinks it is okay.

"He feels I should have done more - but I have had conversations with him he can't remember because he was drunk."

Ladak believes the 38-year-old needs to get help before he considers returning to the game.

"I thought football was what he needed, but being a manager has pushed him the other way," added Ladak.

"Only Paul can help Paul. No friends or counsellor can do it for him and when he is ready to help himself he will.

"This is the most difficult decision I've had to make in my life. I would have loved to have sorted him out but I felt I would have been gambling with the club."

Gascoigne now says he wants to buy out Ladak's stake in the Poppies and move the club forward, despite Kevin Wilson's re-appointment as manager.

"He's not the chairman, he's Imraan the doctor," added Gascoigne. "I'm Paul Gascoigne and I take charge of this club.

"I'm a multi-millionnaire and I'm angry. I've tried to buy him out already. I told him it was the fans and Paul Gascoigne against a doctor - who will win?

"I know that the supporters, the players and the staff of Kettering Town are all behind me, not him.

"Two years ago I would have given in but not now. I'm a genius and I know what's going on on the football field."

Did anyone seriously think he could apply himself as a manager?

It's tragic. He's a bloke who only has football in his life. He can't play anymore, he hasn't got the tools to manage and it will be difficult for him to coach kids with a record as a wife-beating alcoholic with mental problems. I wouldn't be suprised if he was dead in five or ten years time.

It gives me zero pleasure to write the above and hope like hell he proves me wrong.

I wouldn't be suprised if he was dead in five or ten years time.

64663[/snapback]

Just to side-track slightly, I pray to god that if that does happen, we don't see the same ridiculous out-pouring of grief that we've recently witnessed a la George Best.

Gazza has always been referred to as England's George Best in that he was supremely talented yet ruined himself off the pitch.

Can you imagine some sort of state-type funeral at somewhere like Durham Cathedral? I'd be cringing!

That'll work well in any appeal against his sacking... B)

Watched the interview with him on SSN last night and he was slurring like fuck. Either he's back on the grog or some medication is having an affect.

And what's this about him breaking his neck? :icon_lol:

His interview with Sky Sports News really didn't help his cause. He was slurring and just went on a 5 minute rant where he repeated himself and talked a lot of shite. I could cry for the lad, he needs help and this time proper help and not some fucking leaches pretending to be his mates a la that wanker Chris Evans. I'm not surprised to hear he's twatted a photographer, he was seething in the interview and everyone hates the paparattzi.

His interview with Sky Sports News really didn't help his cause. He was slurring and just went on a 5 minute rant where he repeated himself and talked a lot of shite. I could cry for the lad, he needs help and this time proper help and not some fucking leaches pretending to be his mates a la that wanker Chris Evans. I'm not surprised to hear he's twatted a photographer, he was seething in the interview and everyone hates the paparattzi.

64699[/snapback]

Aye I saw that interview too. Thing is, every interview I've seen him in since he's said he's off the drink, he's been slurring really badly. Even the one on Football Focus where he wasn't at an "event" he sounded pissed. It makes you wonder if he's ever really been off it.

I hate to say it like, but I think he's going to end up in the same sorry state as George Best. :icon_lol:

I fear the same - his health has deteriorated rapidly in the last couple of years and I watched that interview last night and had to remind myself that this is the same person who I watched in awe playing for Newcastle in the late 80s and the same person who set the world alight at Italia '90

Very, very sad and he's a shadow of his former self. Just to re-iterate the question, and I suppose the benefit of the doubt, could it be medication which was making him slur?

He did sound wrecked like... :icon_lol:

Sacked from Kettering, AWOL at that Chinese club, time and again I want to believe he's chucked the drink and started a new chapter and time and again he leaves a club on bad terms. He always blames everyone else for the parting of ways, I used to give him the benefit of the doubt, but they're starting to become far too often for coincidence. It's sad when your hero's become human.

Poor Gazza, used once again. Time for him to ditch those 'mates' of his and sort himself out otherwise he really will go the way of George Best. With Best, football wasn't his drug, drink was. For Gazza however, it's both, he can't live without either of them and that, to a man troubled with personal problems, is a dangerous cocktail.

I pitty him and feel for him. Quite tragic really.

IMO, the main tragedy was that the toon did not have a good enough team when Gazza was here as we were a selling club. If he'd stayed here, lived at his Mam's, had a few pints in the club at Dunstan he'd be OK. As it is, he such a clem he couldn't handle the hangers on down south who acted as his friends but helped to bring him down.