Kelsey Grammar as the Cookie Monster?

Geordie Boyo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I think the idea of evolution with human mutation development sounds more realistic than a humongous giant gorilla found on an Island that hasn't been discovered before.

B)

X-MEN! X-MEN! X-MEN! X-MEN! X-MEN! :)

...Would you say no? :icon_lol:

X2-132.jpg
Edited by Geordie Boyo

X-Men> King Kong

simply Wolverine in an anti hero you can remotely associate with, I struggle to find real empathy for a grotesquely large ape which is impressively less likely than a mutation enabling rapid regenration.

also X-Men give the possiblity of some truly exceptional dialogue (given the right script writers), wheras a massive monkey can maybe grunt amusingly...

surprised at the casting of Kelsey Grammar as Beast, I suppose he has the right mix of supeiority in his intonation...

It's a different director this time around. Bryan Singer has chosen to direct the new Superman movie instead so Brett Ratner who directed Red Dragon, After Sunset, Rush Hour 1 & 2 is directing X-Men this time around.

I thought Red Dragon was a great addition to the Hannibal series after Jonathan Demme & Ridley Scott had directed the previous two.

I've always felt X-Men needed that dark edge or realism to make it a batter movie rather than going the same route the Batman movies went from classic film to comic book. Maybe Brett Ratner will do just that and this time if the saga is to be continued the movie could be longer than the previous two.

EDIT: I hear there's going to be a spin-off for a Wolverine movie in the making? All thou Wolverine is clearly the most popular character in the X-Men movies I'd never seperate the two, IMO.

Edited by Geordie Boyo

I think it's cool that Kelsey Grammar has got this role... if he pulls it off, it'll show what an amazing actor he is, that's for sure.

I take it he's not currently suffering from type-casting!

I thought it was a good idea too. I'm not too keen on what they've done with him in the costume department, and as for him leaping about like the character does in action I just hope they don't make it look like a panto...! B)

As for Kelsey himself as an actor playing the part I don’t think there's anybody else out there who could play the part better, he even sounds like Beast, if you have watched the animated series you'll know what I mean. :icon_lol:

I've never really had much to do with X-Men, so I don't know anything about the Beast, other than the fact that he's called "the Beast"... which does conjure certain character traits, it has to be said.

And sometimes in Frasier, Kelsey did that roaring scary voice and mad rolling eyes thing..... it was scary, but rather great. I'm sure that could come in useful here. Ja?

I've never known for that character to be known as "The Beast", just simply as "Beast", or Dr. Hank McCoy. :icon_lol:

The only thing I'm disappointed in not seeing in this movie is the X-Men character " the Gambit"...I mean "Gambit" B) I think they are gonna leave it until X-Men 4 for his introduction as I think they feel his character will conflict with that of Wolverine's.

gambit.jpg
Edited by Geordie Boyo

X-Men> King Kong

simply Wolverine in an anti hero you can remotely associate with, I struggle to find real empathy for a grotesquely large ape which is impressively less likely than a mutation enabling rapid regenration.

also X-Men give the possiblity of some truly exceptional dialogue (given the right script writers), wheras a massive monkey can maybe grunt amusingly...

surprised at the casting of Kelsey Grammar as Beast, I suppose he has the right mix of supeiority in his intonation...

64993[/snapback]

I think you empathise with Wolverine and King Kong for exactly the same reasons. Both are punished for just being who they are. Life isn't fair to either of them (or should that be humans aren't fair to either of them). I can imagine myself as an ape much in the same way I can imagine myself as a mutand with knives coming out of my knuckles and bigger sideburns than Amos off Emmerdale Farm.

I'm a bit excited about King Kong. X-men 3 I can take or leave, though I enjoyed the previous 2.

Got some more piccys from the movie, with a glimpse of Colossus! :lol:

char-colossus.jpg

Colossus

char-beast.jpg

Beast

char-wolverine.jpg

Wolverine

char-angel.jpg

Angel

char-iceman.jpg

Iceman

char-rogue.jpg

Rogue

char-storm.jpg

Storm

char-kitty.jpg

Kitty Pryde

char-cyclops.jpg

Cyclops

char-jeangrey.jpg

Jean Grey

char-charles.jpg

Professor Charles Xavier

char-magneto.jpg

Magneto

char-juggernaut.jpg

Juggernaut

char-pyro.jpg

Pyro

char-callisto.jpg

Callisto

char-mystique.jpg

Mystique

:lol:

Edited by Geordie Boyo

• 3 months later...

... that trailer looks awesome.

it's notable that some of the best recent movies have been from Comics. Batman Begins, Sin City, Xmen 1&2, Spiderman, admittedly The Hulk couldn't have been worse. But I reckon that's more due to the fact the Hulk as a character is very limited. The point is that Comics might be more and more tasters of what is to come to the big screen, they will be less ridiculed by people who think that they're for kids and kids alone.