The football trivia thread

Mac-Toon

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This former PL team's two record transfer fees received for players (the same fee) were both bought by Newcastle. What was the team and who were the two players?

They were both immense for us :glare:

Edited by TicTacWoe

This former PL team's two record transfer fees received for players (the same fee) were both bought by Newcastle. What was the team and who were the two players?

They were both immense for us :glare:

Bradford - Andy O'Brien and Des Hamilton, think the fees were aboot the same £1.8m or summik

Which former NUFC player, with 112 app. for us, had a brother play for Chelsea and a nephew present for BBC?

Which former NUFC player, with 112 app. for us, had a brother play for Chelsea and a nephew present for BBC?

Who the fuck was this then??!!

Bradford - Andy O'Brien and Des Hamilton, think the fees were aboot the same £1.8m or summik

Got it! Wiki says 2 million. Found this out when randomly checking Hamilton's post Newcastle career, as you do, which was pretty dismal.

Got it! Wiki says 2 million. Found this out when randomly checking Hamilton's post Newcastle career, as you do, which was pretty dismal.

Took me about 5 minutes, and what took me off the scent was I didn't know if you were taking the piss that they were class or not.

Who the fuck was this then??!!

:lol:

Dave Hollins- keeper , with us 1960-1966.

Brother of John Hollins leg-end, who's son is Chris , the sports reporter on BBC Breakfast news, who I hate, as he gets to breath the sweet scent exuded by Susannah Reid , the jammy little fuckrag.

:lol:

Dave Hollins- keeper , with us 1960-1966.

Brother of John Hollins leg-end, who's son is Chris , the sports reporter on BBC Breakfast news, who I hate, as he gets to breath the sweet scent exuded by Susannah Reid , the jammy little fuckrag.

You did me there like. I would've lived till 100 and not given you the answer. I remember John Hollins though from when he was Chelsea manager, he looked a bit like "The Wolf" off Pulp Fiction.

He reminds me of someone else in that pic, but I can't quite think who- maybe the love child of Bruce Forsyth and Seve Ballesteros.

Edit: Aye, you pretty much nailed it with the Wolf like :lol:

Edited by Monkeys Fist