The football trivia thread

Mac-Toon

That was '82, as I can actually remember it from the time, not sure if he had that number in '78 as well though (I saw the '78 final, apparently, on holiday in Spain but I have no recollection of it).

Ya right actually but he only didn't wear nuimber 1 in 78 because they had someone called Alonso wearing it, working under the same principles.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was '82, as I can actually remember it from the time, not sure if he had that number in '78 as well though (I saw the '78 final, apparently, on holiday in Spain but I have no recollection of it).

Ya right actually but he only didn't wear nuimber 1 in 78 because they had someone called Alonso wearing it, working under the same principles.

Was in Benidorm when the '82 WC kicked off and there was a canny few Argies there. I think their group games were at Alicante. Not long after the Falklands War. I liked their strip as well but me Dad said I couldn't have one for that reason. I got the Valencia away top instead for some reason.

Was in Benidorm when the '82 WC kicked off and there was a canny few Argies there. I think their group games were at Alicante. Not long after the Falklands War. I liked their strip as well but me Dad said I couldn't have one for that reason. I got the Valencia away top instead for some reason.

Well done your dad. It grates on me when I see English kids in Italy, Argentina, Brazil, Ireland, Holland tops etc... An old mate of mine bought a Germany top and he'd wear it at 5 a side, he said a small part of the reason he bought it was he knew it would wind me up.

Well done your dad. It grates on me when I see English kids in Italy, Argentina, Brazil, Ireland, Holland tops etc... An old mate of mine bought a Germany top and he'd wear it at 5 a side, he said a small part of the reason he bought it was he knew it would wind me up.

I had an Argentina top, with Maradona 10 on the back which my Nan bought it for me.

Anyway I was on holiday with the olds in Rhodes in the summer of 1990 and I was wearing it. A bunch of Italians took offence and hoyed me in the pool. Seems they weren't too chuffed with Diego's antics in the semi final which had been the week before.

He would've bought me a Holland top like. Unfortunately they didn't qualify though. I did love that Valencia top mind.

Was it orange the Valencia top?

Orange and yellow stripes with blue shoulders. Like their badge.

He would've bought me a Holland top like. Unfortunately they didn't qualify though. I did love that Valencia top mind.

They're not my favourite Spanish club, but I don't mind them and I like both of their kits. Athletic Bilbao by far my favourite Spanish club, even though they don't view themselves as such.

Spanish football related trivia: Who is the only catalan to have ever played for Man Utd other than Gerard Pique.

They're not my favourite Spanish club, but I don't mind them and I like both of their kits. Athletic Bilbao by far my favourite Spanish club, even though they don't view themselves as such.

Spanish football related trivia: Who is the only catalan to have ever played for Man Utd other than Gerard Pique.

Back then I think I just liked the kit tbh. I think I'd already gotten both a Barca strip and a Real Madrid one on previous holidays. They were always snide ones like. You used to get them loads in the same shops that sold those 'Enjoy Cocaine' t-shirts.

Is it a trick question btw? Jordi Cruyff?

Back then I think I just liked the kit tbh. I think I'd already gotten both a Barca strip and a Real Madrid one on previous holidays. They were always snide ones like. You used to get them loads in the same shops that sold those 'Enjoy Cocaine' t-shirts.

Aye enjoy cocaine :D "Aditash". Aye Cruyff thought it would take longer tbh. As a kid I had an AC Milan top with 10 GULLIT on the back from Majorca, think that's the only foreign shirt I've ever had other than a Dortmund one, and Athletic Bilbao's third strip a basque gave me when we played at the San Memes.

That's who immediately jumped to my mind. Born whilst his Dad played for Barca, wasn't he?

That's who immediately jumped to my mind. Born whilst his Dad played for Barca, wasn't he?

No but he grew up there and played for the Catalan "national side".

manchester-city-paul-bosvelt-338-merlin-s-fa-premier-league-05-epl-sticker-42751-p.jpg

:lol:

That @nufcfans on twitter is fucking clueless. In his quiz he asked which Newcastle manager never lost a game but got the sack & he's given the answer as John Carver.

Caretakers don't count surely.

manchester-city-paul-bosvelt-338-merlin-s-fa-premier-league-05-epl-sticker-42751-p.jpg

:lol:

That @nufcfans on twitter is fucking clueless. In his quiz he asked which Newcastle manager never lost a game but got the sack & he's given the answer as John Carver.

Caretakers don't count surely.

From Bradford lives in London, thinks the toon signed Robert from Marseille - say nee more.

Another question 'Q6 - #NUFC have played 1 Premiership game at home, wearing away strip. Name the opponents. For bonus point - what was the score? #NUFC #Quiz'

It was a specially commissioned 3rd shirt not an away shirt! :lol:

Edit : Apparently we wore blue at home & green away.

Another question 'Q6 - #NUFC have played 1 Premiership game at home, wearing away strip. Name the opponents. For bonus point - what was the score? #NUFC #Quiz'

It was a specially commissioned 3rd shirt not an away shirt! :lol:

Edit : Apparently we wore blue at home & green away.

Any cunt would know that, one of THE great games. A 4-2 home win against Sheff Wed, the away game we were in green played absolutely shit and won 0-1 Cole scored with literally the last kick.