Charlie Adam rumour.

loonyTOON

The rumour of Pardew liking Charlie Adam is a good thing I think. Drop Jonas, and shove Adam out on the left. And get him and Enrique working in sync, so Enrique can get past him and push forward, and if we lose the ball, Adam just to sit back and soak the pressure up/track back and defend. Think it would work very well. Adam's work rate is very very good and has a wicked left foot. Jonas however, his workrate is terrible and his defending begs the question...who in their right mind thought he could play at RB???

The rumour of Pardew liking Charlie Adam is a good thing I think. Drop Jonas, and shove Adam out on the left. And get him and Enrique working in sync, so Enrique can get past him and push forward, and if we lose the ball, Adam just to sit back and soak the pressure up/track back and defend. Think it would work very well. Adam's work rate is very very good and has a wicked left foot. Jonas however, his workrate is terrible and his defending begs the question...who in their right mind thought he could play at RB???

No.

Charlie Adam's is a centre midfielder. I doubt Blackpool would want to sell, but i know they fell out over his bonus payment, he ended up suing them.

I thought Majewski (Forest) and Dorrans (WBA) were better than him last year. Neither have been that good this season so might be available.

Why would you sign a player who plays in one position to play in a different position? That makes no sense at all!

I agree with Holden that he looks pretty slow too which is the last thing we need with Nolan and Barton being slow as fuck too.

Oh and Gutierez's work rate is very good especially for a winger. His defending may be lacking but it's not for lack of willingness to work.

Why would you sign a player who plays in one position to play in a different position? That makes no sense at all!

I agree with Holden that he looks pretty slow too which is the last thing we need with Nolan and Barton being slow as fuck too.

Oh and Gutierez's work rate is very good especially for a winger. His defending may be lacking but it's not for lack of willingness to work.

Jonas has been average so far. Seems to have lost his will to take the man on. And when he passes, he just stands there. Just started to notice this recently. His work rate is no better than others. Defending is shocking, and will give up the chase when backtracking.

Jonas has been average so far. Seems to have lost his will to take the man on. And when he passes, he just stands there. Just started to notice this recently. His work rate is no better than others. Defending is shocking, and will give up the chase when backtracking.

He's definitely been poor recently and I agree he's not wanting to take men on at the minute. Personally I think his confidence looks shot. I still think we're a far better proposition with him in the team though.

So is his work rate poor or no better than anyone else? It's far superior to Routledge for example or if compare him to other wingers we've had such as Robert, Nobby or Ginola he's way better. Tbh this is the first time I've ever heard anyone question his work rate. His delivery certainly but not work rate.

He's definitely been poor recently and I agree he's not wanting to take men on at the minute. Personally I think his confidence looks shot. I still think we're a far better proposition with him in the team though.

So is his work rate poor or no better than anyone else? It's far superior to Routledge for example or if compare him to other wingers we've had such as Robert, Nobby or Ginola he's way better. Tbh this is the first time I've ever heard anyone question his work rate. His delivery certainly but not work rate.

I believe in the pressure game. If your chasing a man back, then you should keep on his heels until he moves the ball on. Best example was tonight if you watched Real Madrid. Think it may have been Fabiano who beat the line and went one on one. But the defender kept on his heels and he blew it over the bar. I think Jonas gives up too easily. At times looks defeatist

Pardew did confirm that he would be scouring the Championship and League One for players capable of stepping up.

“I think it is a worldwide game and you have to cover every corner of the globe,” he said.

“That’s not so easy, so where do you focus on, where are your strengths? My strengths would probably be League One, the Championship and the Premier League. I know those three leagues very, very well.

My heart sinks.

Don't think Charlie Adam is better than we've got in centre mid. I'd be looking at getting in a pacey front man, some cover at left back and a midfielder with pace and skill that can play inside or out wide. I'm buggered if I know who those players are on our budget though.

The good thing about Pardews lower league outings is that he was in charge of Southampton when Lua Lua arrived with Brighton and was the star performer.

One of the scandals of Hughtons reign was allowing him to go / stay on loan. I have seen Lua Lua play in that role on a few occasions and I think he would have done a much better job than Jonas. At the very least he would have been an option for substitutions and a bit of competition for Jonas.

At least Pardew has been quite vocal about how good lua lua is so he should get a sniff around the first team when he recovers.

I can only assume that Vucik? has shagged Mrs Hughton.

The good thing about Pardews lower league outings is that he was in charge of Southampton when Lua Lua arrived with Brighton and was the star performer.

One of the scandals of Hughtons reign was allowing him to go / stay on loan. I have seen Lua Lua play in that role on a few occasions and I think he would have done a much better job than Jonas. At the very least he would have been an option for substitutions and a bit of competition for Jonas.

At least Pardew has been quite vocal about how good lua lua is so he should get a sniff around the first team when he recovers.

Does he play for Aldershot? :jesuswept:

Does he play for Aldershot? :jesuswept:

300px-The_gesture02.jpg

Baileys Taboo or Special Brew?

Baileys Taboo or Special Brew?

Flu remedies :jesuswept:

Honestly CT, you finding Pardew's confessing he'll have to trawl the lower leagues as a good thing amazes me.

It's Holocaust Memorial next month, I can just picture it;

" The holocaust wasn't all bad. It kept the tattoo artists in jobs, and all the survivors looked soo much better for having shed a pound or two. "