Charlie Adam rumour.

loonyTOON

Honestly CT, you finding Pardew's confessing he'll have to trawl the lower leagues as a good thing amazes me.

That cos you jump straight in without giving the subject some finer thought. :jesuswept:

We know Ashley isnt going to release big fees or wages for proven stars so it is an added benefit having someone who knows a thing about the lower leagues.

We'd all love to shop at Waitrose but if you've only got Netto money......

Having seen Lua Lua regualarly, he knows his worth. Anyone who thinks we wouldnt be better off with Lua Lua at St James is quite frankly potty.

Translated- CT has had a hard-on for Lua Lua for ages. Now that Ashleys puppet has a remote chance of bringing him back, his knob end is glistening at the thought.

Meanwhile, the Argentine international can fuck off.

And don't presume that because I post on here in a generally flippant manner that I can't see the ramifications of pursuing lower league players.

Having given it some "finer" thought, I have concluded that Perch, Routledge etc aren't up to it.

:jesuswept:

you mean Vuckic and I don't think he's done enough to warrant more time tbh

Aye, he was shit in that little 4-3 over Chelsea :D

1 swallow, etc

1 swallow, etc

Cant have it both ways Fish. If he plays well in the chance he gets against very good footballers, then surely he's worth another chance against "lesser" footballers.

Translated- CT has had a hard-on for Lua Lua for ages. Now that Ashleys puppet has a remote chance of bringing him back, his knob end is glistening at the thought.

And don't presume that because I post on here in a generally flippant manner that I can't see the ramifications of pursuing lower league players.

Having given it some "finer" thought, I have concluded that Perch, Routledge etc aren't up to it.

Missed the poin tbh or chose too.

Aye, he was shit in that little 4-3 over Chelsea :o

1 swallow, etc

Cant have it both ways Fish. If he plays well in the chance he gets against very good footballers, then surely he's worth another chance against "lesser" footballers.

He hasn't just played once. :D

Missed the poin tbh or chose too.

Jumped straight in without giving it any finer thought tbh.

I thought he was average in a team playing well. Given his age he should be loaned out for gain regular experience. CM is too much of an important position to break players into.

I want to see Barton playing in a more forward role with Tiote sweeping. Vuckic is miles away from being near their standard.

There are very few lower league players who are capable of making the step up and those that are tend to be defensive minded, ie Jagielka, Lescott, Roger Johnson, Scott Dann etc. Just because Pardew managed in the lower leagues doesn't mean he'll be any good at finding this quality of player as they're rare. Pardew is not renowned for his signings in the lower leagues nor is he even particularly well regarded by any of his former clubs or their fans so I wouldn't hold my breath there.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Don't think Charlie Adam is better than we've got in centre mid. I'd be looking at getting in a pacey front man, some cover at left back and a midfielder with pace and skill that can play inside or out wide. I'm buggered if I know who those players are on our budget though.

thats about it. charlie adam is pretty much a younger version of barton. immobile, can pass and playmake. he's unlike barton in that he's not a good tackler. bartons not bad at tackling. both have decent dead ball delivery. both are innefective out wide, because of their lack of speed.

There are very few lower league players who are capable of making the step up and those that are tend to be defensive minded, ie Jagielka, Lescott, Roger Johnson, Scott Dann etc. Just because Pardew managed in the lower leagues doesn't mean he'll be any good at finding this quality of player as they're rare. Pardew is not renowned for his signings in the lower leagues nor is he even particularly well regarded by any of his former clubs or their fans so I wouldn't hold my breath there.

The bloke who, by his own admission, knows very little about football beyond NUFC is confident he'll do well though :jesuswept:

Decent point. If you look at the Championship teams of the year over the past 5-6 years - alot of them have gone on to to be established PL players.

Ashley Young, Kieran Dyer, Jermaine Jenas and Tim Cahill spring to mind.

Not that many though. There used to be loads picked up by the likes of Liverpool (Ian Rush for one) from the lower leagues (and Scotland) but the gap seems to be massive now.

Don't think it works like that as the system is different now. They do it via the academy route rather than looking at the lower leagues.

Im sure they're all trying to do every cheap option whether that be Lower League, Academy of foreign. The one thing for certain is there will be no return to big money signings.

What amazes me and I find very encouraging is that somehow we have the capability to go out and get a player like Tiote. He would probably walk into most premiership teams so how we got him and all the others missed him is amazing.

I dont know if anyone knows how we did it. I remember a while ago there was all the talk of ????? Carr (scout) joining us.

And just on Pardew, there doesnt seem to be players popping up in the press saying bad stuff about him. All I tend to read is good stuff.

I'm sure teams will look at the lower leagues as they always have done. I just don't think the talent is there any more. It had dried up to a large degree even before the large influx of foreign players in the PL.

I'm sure teams will look at the lower leagues as they always have done. I just don't think the talent is there any more. It had dried up to a large degree even before the large influx of foreign players in the PL.

The good prospects tend to get signed by the big clubs when they are very young. That's not only the standard in England but also all around Europe. Also, English clubs are not only signing the 16-17 year olds from domestic clubs but also from European clubs. That's why you find all the youth and reserve teams full of foreign players as well. And even then it's in the hope that one out of ten players might be decent. But mostly they are off to a lower league team when they are older with a baheng ...

You might be lucky to find the occasional steal, but the talented players from the lower leagues are mostly already overhyped and overpriced.

The good prospects tend to get signed by the big clubs when they are very young. That's not only the standard in England but also all around Europe. Also, English clubs are not only signing the 16-17 year olds from domestic clubs but also from European clubs. That's why you find all the youth and reserve teams full of foreign players as well. And even then it's in the hope that one out of ten players might be decent. But mostly they are off to a lower league team when they are older with a baheng ...

You might be lucky to find the occasional steal, but the talented players from the lower leagues are mostly already overhyped and overpriced.

Aye, I know :jesuswept:

Aye, I know :jesuswept:

Honestly, sometimes you just need to control those urges. :D

All were stars when making their way through the youth ranks, particularly the later two at international level, and all three at the time of purchase were regarded as being in nation's top echelon of prospects [youth].

And these type of prospects come with a going rate [which Ashley wasn't prepared to cough up re:Keegan's interest in Delph, and our bid was scoffed at by Bates via fax] as opposed to 'bargain basement prospects' like Best.

Edited by Year Zero

After the convincing fashion in which they beat us, perhaps some of the Aldershot players could make the step up.

Edited by alex

All were stars when making their way through the youth ranks, particularly the later two at international level, and all three at the time of purchase were regarded as being in nation's top echelon of prospects [youth].

And these type of prospects come with a going rate [which Ashley wasn't prepared to cough up re:Keegan's interest in Delph, and our bid was scoffed at by Bates via fax] as opposed to 'bargain basement prospects' like Best.

Who is that homo in your avatar btw?

Who is that homo in your avatar btw?

?