Sports Personality of the Year

Meenzer

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when did the nation start giving a shit about cycling? It's a minority sport as far as I'm concerned and one of the dullest to watch out there. Should have gone to one of the cricketers or golfers.

Since when did the nation start giving a shit about cycling? It's a minority sport as far as I'm concerned and one of the dullest to watch out there. Should have gone to one of the cricketers or golfers.

Since when is Golf a sport? They lazy cunts dont even carry their own bags!

Did this lad win a couple of the sprint stages or something? I genuinely don't know what his achievement is, but if that's it, it's a bit like winning it for being ahead at the bell in a 1500m.

He won the Green Jersey at this years TdF, the jersey for most consistent finishes and is also World Road Race champion.

but he didn't win the tdF though did he? so he was consistently not good enough really

hate McIlRoy myself but probably should've been in with a shout

He finished higher more consistantly than Cadel Evans.

The winner of a GT is the one with the least time.

Since when is Golf a sport? They lazy cunts dont even carry their own bags!

They're finely tuned athletes. Just look at John Daly

john-daly-weight-loss-surgery.jpg

Edited by Dr Gloom

Pretty much mastered it when I was still a bairn. Once you realise it's forward motion that keeps you upright, you're sorted. At least with BMX trick riding they've thrown a few new things in. TdF is just roided masochists who aren't skilled enough to do a back flip.

but he didn't win the tdF though did he? so he was consistently not good enough really

So he won the tDF then? ;) not even in the top 3

piece of piss i used to ride my bike all the time when i was a kid, then i grew up and got a car, a car that pedals for me doesn't get me wet, and doesn't try sneak up the side of other cars to get in the way and hurt itself.

ah only winding you up, but no harm it does summarise just how pathetic this was this year, a cyclist winning it who didn't actually even come in the top 3 in the only cycling event most people could name.

Aye, the only time the Beeb thinks cycling exists, in July.

the SPOTY is a joke now.

Golfers, Darts & Snooker :lol:

Ok.

So he won the tDF then? ;) not even in the top 3

piece of piss i used to ride my bike all the time when i was a kid, then i grew up and got a car, a car that pedals for me doesn't get me wet, and doesn't try sneak up the side of other cars to get in the way and hurt itself.

ah only winding you up, but no harm it does summarise just how pathetic this was this year, a cyclist winning it who didn't actually even come in the top 3 in the only cycling event most people could name.

Aye, the only time the Beeb thinks cycling exists, in July.

the SPOTY is a joke now.

Golfers, Darts, Riding without Stabilisers & Snooker :lol:

Ok.

I agree.

i say congrats to him winning it saying cycling isnt a sport you could say it about any sport the fact he had to be consistent for a few weeks of road racing. the hundred meter running aint a sport i can run to the shops maybe not as fast but i can do it cycling everyday for two weeks or so no fucking chance i would burn out or probably die. whoever wins it deserves it in my eyes no matter what sport they are in.

• 4 years later...

Lad I know was speaking to his brother in law on Saturday tried telling him the SPOTY was fixed.  So lad said ok if it's fixed whats the top 3.

He nailed it :lol:

Lad here looked up the odds, they gave him 250/1 apparently so he told his Brother in law to put a quid on.  He said nah, gambling is for mugs :lol: