Sports Personality of the Year

Meenzer

:jesuswept: Give us a shout if you're out on town on Thursday night as I might be doing drinks around Charing Cross/Strand neck of the woods. But aye, otherwise catch you for the next televised game I guess :D

Thursday is unlikely mate, early North-bound train in the morning.

Plus I don't like you.

Good points both. I shall sink some PrismBombs on your behalf.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full results, for what it's worth:

1. Tony McCoy 293,152 (41.98%)

2. Phil Taylor 72,095 (10.33)

3. Jessica Ennis 62,953 (9.02)

4. Lee Westwood 58,640 (8.4)

5. Graeme McDowell 52,108 (7.46)

6. Tom Daley 50,763 (7.27%)

7. Mark Cavendish 44,170 (6.33)

8. Amy Williams 43,056 (6.17)

9. Graeme Swann 13,767 (1.97)

10. David Haye 7,538 (1.08)

I've got a lot of time for becks but there's no way he deserves that lifetime award at 35

Tbf he's unlikely to do much more in a sporting capacity than he's already done at this point.

unless he continues his role as a Football ambassador, sports ambassador, continues his work with the Beckham football academies, etc. etc.

far too early for an award of this type.

I've got a lot of time for becks but there's no way he deserves that lifetime award at 35

Tbf he's unlikely to do much more in a sporting capacity than he's already done at this point.

unless he continues his role as a Football ambassador, sports ambassador, continues his work with the Beckham football academies, etc. etc.

Why wait though? It's not like he hasn't done enough just in terms of number of england caps (a bunch of them as captain), not to mention all the trophies he's won. If he's done enough by the age of 35, give it to him at 35.

I don't think that handshaking adds much more to his CV.

"Darts comes second in the BBC Spoty voting get a grip,” said Ian Poulter on Twitter. “BBC Spoty farce, sorry how could Graeme McDowell or Lee Westwood not win. GMac wins a major. Westy world no 1. That's *****”

It was blatant that the golf vote was going to be split between those two.

Always happy to see Ian Poulter irate though, the cock.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
I used to love this as a kid but I haven't watched it for years tbh. Is it still piss-boring?

Was piss boring when we were kids, but as kids fed on Bullseye, 321, Price is Right and The Young Doctors, it seemed that bit more interesting. I mean Saint and Greavesie was a top show in them days.

So pleased Taylor didn't win it.

I used to love this as a kid but I haven't watched it for years tbh. Is it still piss-boring?

Was piss boring when we were kids, but as kids fed on Bullseye, 321, Price is Right and The Young Doctors, it seemed that bit more interesting. I mean Saint and Greavesie was a top show in them days.

The Young Doctors :D Not a patch on Sons and Daughters :jesuswept:

Did anyone ever get the cryptic clues on 321 either? They were fucking rock.

A golfist taking the piss out of a dartist for not being a sport?

Bitter irony?

His argument for Westy that he's world number 1....clearly he doesn't know much about Phil Taylor.

Can't remember who was on about it, might have been one of the golf correspondents off the Beeb, but they thought Westwood didn't feel like he'd deserve it anyway, not having won a major.

Bitter irony?

His argument for Westy that he's world number 1....clearly he doesn't know much about Phil Taylor.

Aye, both top of their hobbies.

Sportsmen though?

The Young Doctors :o Not a patch on Sons and Daughters :D

Did anyone ever get the cryptic clues on 321 either? They were fucking rock.

True :jesuswept: Sons and Daughters love and laughter tears of sadness and happineeeeeeeeeesssssssss

I was a Prisoner Cell Block H loyalist myself.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Bitter irony?

Aye, both top of their hobbies.

Sportsmen though?

I'd certainly say that golf was more of a sport than darts, though both are more focussed on skill, athleticism does play a certain part in golf.

But anything that winds up 'Poults' is fine by me.

Golf is borderline.

If they had to carry their own clubs, and run between shots, then fair dos.

Darts is as much a sport as Donkey Kong.

:jesuswept:

Like that skiiing/archery bollocks?

That's not a sport, it's a lost bet!

Golf is borderline.

If they had to carry their own clubs, and run between shots, then fair dos.

Darts is as much a sport as Donkey Kong.

Second best sport there is mate. Golf is ok to play but I'd rather watch Rob W committing auto fellacio on himself than sit through an hour of it on telly though.