Sports Personality of the Year

Meenzer

Golf is borderline.

If they had to carry their own clubs, and run between shots, then fair dos.

Darts is as much a sport as Donkey Kong.

disagree totally - it requires individual skill (as opposed to football) and your performance doesn't depend on your kit (F1) or where the other guy places his shots (snooker)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golf is borderline.

disagree totally - it requires individual skill (as opposed to football) and your performance doesn't depend on your kit (F1) or where the other guy places his shots (snooker)

It's very like bar skittles in that respect.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Golf is borderline.

Right on the mark as ever Rob. You're a miss when you don't post. Any athlete can just walk on to a football pitch and make a difference such is the lack of skill required to function effectively. Nail on head mate.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

And why Shove Ha'penny will never make the Olympics.

Don't mind a bit of darts or snooker tbf and appreciate the skill, etc. involved. I do have a bit of trouble thinking of them as sports though. Along with anything else dominated by the UK, played primarily in pubs, snooker halls etc.

I have no problem acknowledging the skill involved in Darts and Snooker, and Golf for that matter.

But they aren't sports.

They are hobbies, pastimes, whatever.

The Olympics (summer and winter)isn't a bad barometer for what counts as sport for me tbh.

Obviously a few glaring exceptions, but generally sound.

I wondered why there was a 'Golden Bawls' headline. Anyway, Beckham getting a lifetime achievemnent award is a fucking joke. Good player, but not at the level of Phil Taylor, Ritchie McCaw, Pele, Michael Schumacher, Brian Clough, Alex Ferguson, Ross Braun or Tony McCoy.

they should have shot him at the end - that's what LIFETIME means no???

:nah:

Jake Humphreys: And that almost concludes tonight's proceedings, but there is just one more video to show. Now the Formula 1 season is over, I went down to CTCRM Lympstone in Devon for some very specific training from the Royal Marines.......

When that advert where it encourages you to see what happens when Jessica Ennis does some exercise with a gym comes on, I always think to myself "No thanks, it won't be what I'm thinking."

her hairdo was laughable on saturday. this coming from a man that can be best described as "thinning"

• 11 months later...

Short list for this year.

Mark Cavendish (cycling),

Darren Clarke (golf),

Alastair Cook (cricket),

Luke Donald (golf),

Mo Farah (athletics),

Dai Greene (athletics),

Amir Khan (boxing),

Rory McIlroy (golf),

Andy Murray (tennis),

Andrew Strauss (cricket).

Andy Murray? Really? I'll bet that's not even his first nomination either. What a fucking stupid competition.

Aye, thought that myself, a complete joke.

Mind you, Phil Taylor was second last year, darts a sport :lol: