Magpies set Barton fee

shackbleep

As I said totally made up. :nah:

"Shay Given will not be leaving St James' Park"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7805887.stm

"The last player we will want to sell is James Milner, and I am talking about the owner and myself, and I am sure he will not be leaving St James' Park."

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/2680...e#ixzz18pqvgDFX

Fingers crossed though.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also wonder if the club orchestrate this sort of thing. I.e. put stories out about Man Utd, Spurs etc. sniffing round Carroll and Barton being away only for the club to show its 'resolve' and 'big club mentality' by hanging onto them in January in order to hide the fact we aren't spending owt in the next window. Or am I just being cynical? :nah:

I also wonder if the club orchestrate this sort of thing. I.e. put stories out about Man Utd, Spurs etc. sniffing round Carroll and Barton being away only for the club to show its 'resolve' and 'big club mentality' by hanging onto them in January in order to hide the fact we aren't spending owt in the next window. Or am I just being cynical? :nah:

I think you're nailing the fucking truth on the post tbh.

As I said totally made up. :nah:

"Shay Given will not be leaving St James' Park"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7805887.stm

"The last player we will want to sell is James Milner, and I am talking about the owner and myself, and I am sure he will not be leaving St James' Park."

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/2680...e#ixzz18pqvgDFX

Fingers crossed though.

iirc they both wanted to leave. Milner for better football and Gibbon for the money.

This is the agent at work shirley.

Not sure how that ties in with your notion the story is totally made up like.

The bit about us actually wanting to sell. Don't get me wrong if an offer for £5m came in I'm sure he'd be gone.

The bit about us actually wanting to sell. Don't get me wrong if an offer for £5m came in I'm sure he'd be gone.

Ah right, fair enough. I still think we'd sell for considerably less than that though. I also wouldn't put it past the club to put the stories out there either.

I find this all pretty crackers to be honest. I mean if I were an opposition coach I'dknow how to switch our team off, nullify Barton. Without his creativity we are fucked to be honest.

look at the other options.

Jonas. can't cross or pass.

routledge. runs into blind alleys very rapidly.

ben arfa. can only use one leg * currently*

guthrie. not good enough.

ive actually had a second thought ive been thinking for a while i dont want barton to go i know i dont usally go on bartons side not after his angry temper moments but hes done really well in the championship and prem so far and if we off loaded him we would be screwed

ive actually had a second thought ive been thinking for a while i dont want barton to go i know i dont usally go on bartons side not after his angry temper moments but hes done really well in the championship and prem so far and if we off loaded him we would be screwed

Fuck me. Have you ever used a punctuation mark? it will make your point, which is in there somewhere, understood by more people.

Good to see that hes probably not going, to be honest I dont give a fuck how much of a cunt he might be etc... etc... fact is theres no other player in the midfield with his kind of creative ability, hes the difference between a bottom placed finish and a potential top placed finish IMO.

Carroll too of course.

Good to see that hes probably not going, to be honest I dont give a fuck how much of a cunt he might be etc... etc... fact is theres no other player in the midfield with his kind of creative ability, hes the difference between a bottom placed finish and a potential top placed finish IMO.

Carroll too of course.

Top placed finish. :rolleyes::D

• 3 weeks later...
Toon plan Barton offer

Magpies keen to secure midfielder on new deal

Last updated: 14th January 2011

Barton: Contract talks

Skysports.com understands Newcastle are ready to offer Joey Barton a new deal to keep him at St James' Park.

Barton, who has been in superb form this season, is thought to have attracted the interest of a number of clubs, including Aston Villa and West Ham.

The midfield dynamo has 18 months to run on his current contract and Newcastle are planning to give Barton a new deal to ward off interest from his list of suitors.

Barton's form has led to calls for a possible return to the England fold with Magpies boss Alan Pardew expressing his desire to keep hold of the former Manchester City man.

Newcastle are now keen to resolve the player's future and the news of a new deal in the offing will provide the club with a massive boost ahead of this weekend's Wear-Tyne derby with rivals Sunderland.

Great news, although, we need a Jimbo TV shot

His name's Joey Barton and he, loves the toon.

Everyone needs a nutter in the middle, everyone needs a nutter.

Highlight of last Saturday...

On a par with:

Little Wayne Little Wayne running down the wing

Little Wayne Little Wayne hear the geordies sing

Cuts the ball inside & Shola puts it wide

Little Wayne, little Wayne, little Wayne

I'll believe it when he signs it tbh.

My fear is that the club will want him to sign for less wage to fit into their new structure. He will want to sign for at least the same if not more given his form. I do think he would be snapped up by a few clubs given the opportunity.

My fear is that the club will want him to sign for less wage to fit into their new structure. He will want to sign for at least the same if not more given his form. I do think he would be snapped up by a few clubs given the opportunity.

Maybe am a bit daft but i dont see Barton making decisions about his next contract on the basis of money. It will come into it but i think he has a real affection for us and is grateful that we've stuck by him (the fans anyway have been fairly good to him considering). I think he wants to stay and may even take a small pay cut to do it. I doubt he will ask for any more anyway.

I am mainly talking through my arse today so maybe not.

Maybe am a bit daft but i dont see Barton making decisions about his next contract on the basis of money. It will come into it but i think he has a real affection for us and is grateful that we've stuck by him (the fans anyway have been fairly good to him considering). I think he wants to stay and may even take a small pay cut to do it. I doubt he will ask for any more anyway.

I am mainly talking through my arse today so maybe not.

TheGlenlivet12Box.JPG?