Magpies set Barton fee

shackbleep

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt put anything past the fat cunt. Whats it going to take for people to stop lining his pockets? Hughton gets sacked and we get 50'000 at the game 3 days later :nah:

If this sale happens and people on here shell out another £500 for a season ticket they want their heads looking at tbh

But I enjoy going to the game...whether we're shit or not. In fact, honestly, I enjoy it much more than i did at any time under Souness, Roeder or Allardyce.

Am i ok to spend £380?

I wouldnt put anything past the fat cunt. Whats it going to take for people to stop lining his pockets? Hughton gets sacked and we get 50'000 at the game 3 days later :nah:

If this sale happens and people on here shell out another £500 for a season ticket they want their heads looking at tbh

But I enjoy going to the game...whether we're shit or not. In fact, honestly, I enjoy it much more than i did at any time under Souness, Roeder or Allardyce.

Am i ok to spend £380?

Well I guess it depends on what you value more. Enjoying going to the game or willingly giving Ashley money that he has no intention of putting back into the club and watch him dismantle all of Hughton's hard work over the past 18months.

Some people are happy being doormats and if we sell Barton for 25% of what we bought him for when he is in the form of his life, and you still hand over your cash, then thats exactly what you are mate

Would that have made a difference? I struggle to believe that with the gates we have been getting recently we would manage to sell that many days in advance of the game

Well the alternative is we were going to get a poor crowd but then a load of people bought tickets on the back of our getting Pardew in :nah:

I agree with your general point btw, I just think that was always likely to be a big crowd and obviously a lot of people had bought tickets in advance. I was surprised at how many were there like, especially as it was on telly too.

It's a hard addiction to kick, tbh.

Well I guess it depends on what you value more. Enjoying going to the game or willingly giving Ashley money that he has no intention of putting back into the club and watch him dismantle all of Hughton's hard work over the past 18months.

Some people are happy being doormats and if we sell Barton for 25% of what we bought him for when he is in the form of his life, and you still hand over your cash, then thats exactly what you are mate

I value going to the game more.

I've seen plenty of teams dismantled and remantled.

Even the most succesful owners don't generally last more than 15 years at Newcastle....he'll be gone by the time I'm 40.

While being willing to sell him is not a shock,(what the fuck is with Laurel & Hardy?), the price is just mental!

£1.5 million??

Danny Guthrie- we paid £2.5 million

Xisco -we paid £5.7million,rising to £7

If they want rid, which is mental, at least get a good price

Wish my first post was in a less depressing thread - but jesus christ this is insane.

I know that Ashley doesn't have a clue how to run a club (let alone one such as Newcastle!) But surely they've got more sense than this? Surely when hes been sat rubbing his hands together in the stands during the matches, he's noticed the difference Joey Barton makes when he's in the team?! He's GOT to have!

Ok his wages are a bit high - but for someone whos coming into as much of a quality patch as Barton is, right now he is worth every penny.

If there is any hint of truth in this and ashley really is flogging him to trim wages - then this flies right in the face of Pardews recently announced "Big club thinking" policy and shows straight up that he has no intention of keeping his new managers interests alive.

I dread to ask whos going to provide the service for Carroll now - Although hey! Maybe Ashley is counting on Carroll not being a problem in January either :nah:

Wish my first post was in a less depressing thread - but jesus christ this is insane.

I know that Ashley doesn't have a clue how to run a club (let alone one such as Newcastle!) But surely they've got more sense than this? Surely when hes been sat rubbing his hands together in the stands during the matches, he's noticed the difference Joey Barton makes when he's in the team?! He's GOT to have!

Ok his wages are a bit high - but for someone whos coming into as much of a quality patch as Barton is, right now he is worth every penny.

If there is any hint of truth in this and ashley really is flogging him to trim wages - then this flies right in the face of Pardews recently announced "Big club thinking" policy and shows straight up that he has no intention of keeping his new managers interests alive.

I dread to ask whos going to provide the service for Carroll now - Although hey! Maybe Ashley is counting on Carroll not being a problem in January either :lol:

:nah: Blood runs cold!!

Welcome to the board btw

I dread to ask whos going to provide the service for Carroll now - Although hey! Maybe Ashley is counting on Carroll not being a problem in January either :nah:

Welcome to the board! Let's just hope your first post was wasted (in a manner of speaking)

Theres not a single chance WHU or Villa would match his current NUFC wage. Which makes saying a fee of £1.5m an absolute joke.

It would cost more than the £1.5m fee to adjust his lower wage to match what he is on now for the next 18 months and his loyalty bonus which he will be due because he never asked for a transfer.

@Monkeys Fist

@manc-mag

Cheers for the welcome lads, and aye here's hoping that it just fades away with the rest of the ridiculous rumours that surround tyneside as it approaches transfer window (A.k.a silly season)

I guess from a business sense, when you have 2 younger midfielders due back in early 2011 that are both combined going to be on the same wages as Barton who is getting on in football years. Then yeah, ok business wise that makes sense.

Where i take issue, is the fact that Ben Arfa and Gosling (as quality as they are) are coming back in after lengthy injury spells, and are as of yet unproven to the team - even if Ben Arfas Everton goal showed promise of him being a less lazy Robert (please let that be true!!)

Barton might be on big wages right now - but who would take a pay cut in the premier league if asked?! Especially when you are on the form of your life! Barton has issues, his behavior is terrible at times and getting banned arguably cost us a few points this season, however his work rate when he is on the pitch and the quality of his service is 2nd to none at the moment, and if Pardew is coming out and saying his players are going nowhere and we need to adapt a big club mentality to survive - then paying arguably the best player at the club, a lilttle more than you want in order to keep him at the club - is what 'Big clubs' do.

If this goes ahead then i expect pardew to come out and say how upset he is with the decision - otherwise he has straight up shown how this ride is going to be from the off.

Him saying what we want to hear :-

"Attack attack attack"

"Big club mentality"

"Barton and carrol staying"

And then ashely doing whatever the hell he wants in the background, and pardew accepting it.

Anyway, rant over time to go back to watching videos of Laurent Robert scoring the kind of goals you just dont see anymore xD

Edited by ToonMarshy

Theres not a single chance WHU or Villa would match his current NUFC wage. Which makes saying a fee of £1.5m an absolute joke.

It would cost more than the £1.5m fee to adjust his lower wage to match what he is on now for the next 18 months and his loyalty bonus which he will be due because he never asked for a transfer.

That's why the article is bollox.

I just cant buy this story on any level.

There is no way Pardew would be stupid enough to sell of our only creative midfield player. A blind man on a galloping horse can easily see the difference in our play when he's in the team. Why would any manager want to get rid of one of the most inform midfielders in England and jepordise our safety.

Hope the home crowd leave Joey and our woners in no doubt as to what he means to us.

Honestly, this is really too stupid to be true.

I just cant buy this story on any level.

There is no way Pardew would be stupid enough to sell of our only creative midfield player. A blind man on a galloping horse can easily see the difference in our play when he's in the team. Why would any manager want to get rid of one of the most inform midfielders in England and jepordise our safety.

Hope the home crowd leave Joey and our woners in no doubt as to what he means to us.

Honestly, this is really too stupid to be true.

I doubt Pardew will get a say in it. He is just going to be the Toxic Twins little lap dog and be happy he has a high profile job.