Please let this be right

Jusoda Kid

I see him as being one of the rare managers that can actually take players and make them better, rather than one that can only achieve success with the cheque book.

64840[/snapback]

Rare? Most managers outside of the Premiership can do that. Mick McCarthy doon the road ring a bell?

Sorry but he's shite. Not good enough for Newcastle. Championship or SPL is about his level. That and spirits.

64844[/snapback]

Have you been on the Jesus juice too ? :icon_lol:

64850[/snapback]

Did thick Mick not improve a bunch of free transfers, youngsters and bargain bin signings and take them up into the Premiership?

The thing you also claim Burley can do?

64868[/snapback]

Was promotion with Sunderland such a great achievement ?

Burley got Ipswich promoted.

Burley took Ipswich into Europe in a season most predicted relegation

Burley took Derby to the playoffs in a season most predicted relegation and barely spent a penny.

And wasn't doing too bad with Hearts before he left.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have Allardyce. No chance

If Shepherd is insistent on a British manager, I'd like to see us go for Mark Hughes and even that is a last straw.

Heard a rumour that Sam Allardice is getting itchy feet now he would be a good choice.

But then can anyone be worse than Shiteness we should kick him off the Wear bridge. ( it cant be the Tyne bridge we wouldnt want the water polluted }

:icon_lol:

Burley took Derby to the playoffs in a season most predicted relegation and barely spent a penny.

64873[/snapback]

Promotion with that lot was a miracle. Remember Burley had been at Ipswich for a number of years and had a great youth system that flooded his team with quality and hunger on tap almost. Don't get me wrong, he did a good job, a great one, but then so has McCarthy and none of us would have him here.

Sorry Jimbo, he's a canny manager at Championship or SPL level but he would be an absolute cast iron certainty to fail at Newcastle. He has no proven record at all other than taking a side up who he had been at for a number of years, getting them into Europe, wasting 10m on crap, and then getting them relegated.

Souness took Rovers up, got them into Europe twice, finished 6th and even won a Cup and while he had a bit more to spend, he also sold a lot too, the turnover of players was huge.

To call for Souness' head and then promote Burley's name, well it's going from one extreme to another. I don't see anything in him that would even hint towards him being a success at Newcastle and that's simply because he isn't good enough and never will be, not at the level we are operating at. It would be a travesty, a bigger mistake than Souness, if he landed the Toon job.

His teams play nice football, but hey, so did Ozzie Ardiles'. He picks youngsters, but hey so does Souness. He can get the best out of players, but hey, so can McCarthy.

In a nut shell, he's shite. In my opinion of course and you are intitled to yours but the things you list as his qualities, are qualities most lower League managers have. Hell, even Souness must have those qualities looking at the job he did at Blackburn, he turned Duff into a 17m player, Friedel into one of the best 'keepers in the Premiership, Tugay into a decent Prem player, Matt Jansen and so on and so on.

We'd be going from bad to worse or from bad to equally bad with Burley.

64873[/snapback]

Promotion with that lot was a miracle. Remember Burley had been at Ipswich for a number of years and had a great youth system that flooded his team with quality and hunger on tap almost. Don't get me wrong, he did a good job, a great one, but then so has McCarthy and none of us would have him here.

Sorry Jimbo, he's a canny manager at Championship or SPL level but he would be an absolute cast iron certainty to fail at Newcastle. He has no proven record at all other than taking a side up who he had been at for a number of years, getting them into Europe, wasting 10m on crap, and then getting them relegated.

Souness took Rovers up, got them into Europe twice, finished 6th and even won a Cup and while he had a bit more to spend, he also sold a lot too, the turnover of players was huge.

To call for Souness' head and then promote Burley's name, well it's going from one extreme to another. I don't see anything in him that would even hint towards him being a success at Newcastle and that's simply because he isn't good enough and never will be, not at the level we are operating at. It would be a travesty, a bigger mistake than Souness, if he landed the Toon job.

His teams play nice football, but hey, so did Ozzie Ardiles'. He picks youngsters, but hey so does Souness. He can get the best out of players, but hey, so can McCarthy.

In a nut shell, he's shite. In my opinion of course and you are intitled to yours but the things you list as his qualities, are qualities most lower League managers have. Hell, even Souness must have those qualities looking at the job he did at Blackburn, he turned Duff into a 17m player, Friedel into one of the best 'keepers in the Premiership, Tugay into a decent Prem player, Matt Jansen and so on and so on.

We'd be going from bad to worse or from bad to equally bad with Burley.

64884[/snapback]

Don't fucking patronise me, and don't infer that your opinion is a matter of fact because it isn't, ok ?

Getting excited about HTT'S confidence that Souness will be away shortley.

64875[/snapback]

Well, with HTT's history of being wide off the mark I fear Souness will stay at least until the end of the season...

Getting excited about HTT'S confidence that Souness will be away shortley.

64875[/snapback]

Well, with HTT's history of being wide off the mark I fear Souness will stay at least until the end of the season...

64893[/snapback]

If he's not gone tomorrow I'd have thought he'd still be in charge for the Arsenal match. Just a gut feeling that Fat Fred wouldn't give him the spanish archer 2 days before a match leaving everyone running round like headless chickens when it can be put off until after a match we are almost guaranteed to lose and give him the perfect excuse.

Not basing it on anything just think thats how it would go.

Anyone think going by the report that it was another bit of lazy journalism and someones been lurking on here?

What i posted last night -

Well the latest gossip reported up here is that whislt souness was denying that he would be Rangers manager as the toon would be his last job in management, there is now talk of him being director of football at ibrox.......

64595[/snapback]

surely even fat fred won't be stupid enough to sack his manager again without a replacement lined up

64900[/snapback]

Aye, you're right like. There could be all kinds of things going on behind the scenes. People being sounded out. Then if someone agrees to take the job then he is given the boot.

Anyone think going by the report that it was another bit of lazy journalism and someones been lurking on here?

What i posted last night -

Well the latest gossip reported up here is that whislt souness was denying that he would be Rangers manager as the toon would be his last job in management, there is now talk of him being director of football at ibrox.......

64595[/snapback]

64902[/snapback]

Thought it sounded familiar when I read it.

I see him as being one of the rare managers that can actually take players and make them better, rather than one that can only achieve success with the cheque book.

64840[/snapback]

Rare? Most managers outside of the Premiership can do that. Mick McCarthy doon the road ring a bell?

Sorry but he's shite. Not good enough for Newcastle. Championship or SPL is about his level. That and spirits.

64844[/snapback]

64850[/snapback]

Did thick Mick not improve a bunch of free transfers, youngsters and bargain bin signings and take them up into the Premiership?

64868[/snapback]

64873[/snapback]

That's no better than Souness' record.

64840[/snapback]

64844[/snapback]

64850[/snapback]

64868[/snapback]

64873[/snapback]

64940[/snapback]

The point I was making is that Burley has over-achieved where ever he has been as manager, has Souness ??

The point I was making is that Burley has over-achieved where ever he has been as manager, has Souness ??

64957[/snapback]

Plus if our concerns about Shearer taking over as manager sometime in the next couple of years are correct, Shearer would learn more and better practices from Burley than he will from Souness.

64840[/snapback]

64844[/snapback]

64850[/snapback]

64868[/snapback]

64873[/snapback]

64940[/snapback]

64957[/snapback]

Winning a trophy in his first year after promotion before leading them to 6th spot?

64840[/snapback]

64844[/snapback]

64850[/snapback]

64868[/snapback]

64873[/snapback]

64940[/snapback]

64957[/snapback]

Winning a trophy in his first year after promotion before leading them to 6th spot?

64968[/snapback]

A blip in an otherwise downward spiral.... B)

A blip in an otherwise downward spiral....  :icon_lol:

64969[/snapback]

Which also coincides with him receiving an increase in transfer funds after their 6th place - which again he use to pay over the odds for players from Rangers, Barry Ferguson and Lorenzo Amoruso, sound familiar?

A blip in an otherwise downward spiral....  :icon_lol:

64969[/snapback]

Which also coincides with him receiving an increase in transfer funds after their 6th place -

64972[/snapback]

Matteo Sereni? Finidi George?

64978[/snapback]

nut are you arguing for or against?

I'm against him.

Just answering a couple of posts comparing Souey & Burley. One being when has Souness ever over-achieved, I gave two examples, another listing two examples of bad buys he made when he finally got money at that job, so I did the same with Burley.

I don't think, unless we get Pearce or Ferguson, we'll find a better British manager than Souness...which is a damning criticism of the state of our managers. We have to look abroad.