Please let this be right

Jusoda Kid

A blip in an otherwise downward spiral....  :icon_lol:

64969[/snapback]

Which also coincides with him receiving an increase in transfer funds after their 6th place -

64972[/snapback]

Matteo Sereni? Finidi George?

64978[/snapback]

Jean Alain Boumsong

Craig Moore

"George Weah's cousin"

Amdy Faye

Corrado Grabbi

Julian Dicks

Proper players.........

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boumsong only cost us £5.5m with the rest being made up on appearances & various bits and bobs like where we finish in the league etc.

64810[/snapback]

Wrong!

RNS Number:0027H

Newcastle United PLC

05 January 2005

NEWCASTLE UNITED PLC

Transfer Agreement - Jean Alain Boumsong

The Directors of Newcastle United PLC are pleased to announce that agreement has

been reached with Rangers FC, Scotland whereby Newcastle United have purchased

the registration of French International defender Jean Alain Boumsong (25) for a

fee of £8m.

The player has agreed personal terms and signed a five and a half year contract

ending in June 2010.

This information is provided by RNS

The company news service from the London Stock Exchange

END

A breakdown would have been quoted in the Stock Exchange release as this one was:

RNS Number:5020A

Newcastle United PLC

05 July 2004

5th July 2004

NEWCASTLE UNITED PLC

Transfer Agreement: James Milner

The Directors of Newcastle United PLC are pleased to announce that agreement has

been reached with Leeds United for the transfer of the registration of England

under 21 International James Milner to Newcastle United for an initial fee of

£3.6m. Further amounts may be payable contingent upon certain qualifying events

and England senior appearances involving the player. The player has agreed

personal terms and signed a five year contract ending in June 2009.

- Ends -

This information is provided by RNS

The company news service from the London Stock Exchange

END

Was promotion with Sunderland such a great achievement ?

Burley got Ipswich promoted.

Burley took Ipswich into Europe in a season most predicted relegation

Burley took Derby to the playoffs in a season most predicted relegation and barely spent a penny.

And wasn't doing too bad with Hearts before he left.

64873[/snapback]

Promotion with that lot was a miracle. Remember Burley had been at Ipswich for a number of years and had a great youth system that flooded his team with quality and hunger on tap almost. Don't get me wrong, he did a good job, a great one, but then so has McCarthy and none of us would have him here.

Sorry Jimbo, he's a canny manager at Championship or SPL level but he would be an absolute cast iron certainty to fail at Newcastle. He has no proven record at all other than taking a side up who he had been at for a number of years, getting them into Europe, wasting 10m on crap, and then getting them relegated.

Souness took Rovers up, got them into Europe twice, finished 6th and even won a Cup and while he had a bit more to spend, he also sold a lot too, the turnover of players was huge.

To call for Souness' head and then promote Burley's name, well it's going from one extreme to another. I don't see anything in him that would even hint towards him being a success at Newcastle and that's simply because he isn't good enough and never will be, not at the level we are operating at. It would be a travesty, a bigger mistake than Souness, if he landed the Toon job.

His teams play nice football, but hey, so did Ozzie Ardiles'. He picks youngsters, but hey so does Souness. He can get the best out of players, but hey, so can McCarthy.

In a nut shell, he's shite. In my opinion of course and you are intitled to yours but the things you list as his qualities, are qualities most lower League managers have. Hell, even Souness must have those qualities looking at the job he did at Blackburn, he turned Duff into a 17m player, Friedel into one of the best 'keepers in the Premiership, Tugay into a decent Prem player, Matt Jansen and so on and so on.

We'd be going from bad to worse or from bad to equally bad with Burley.

64884[/snapback]

Don't fucking patronise me, and don't infer that your opinion is a matter of fact because it isn't, ok ?

64886[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

Pick your dummy up man, there was nowt in it.

Big tart B)

Was promotion with Sunderland such a great achievement ?

Burley got Ipswich promoted.

Burley took Ipswich into Europe in a season most predicted relegation

Burley took Derby to the playoffs in a season most predicted relegation and barely spent a penny.

And wasn't doing too bad with Hearts before he left.

64873[/snapback]

Promotion with that lot was a miracle. Remember Burley had been at Ipswich for a number of years and had a great youth system that flooded his team with quality and hunger on tap almost. Don't get me wrong, he did a good job, a great one, but then so has McCarthy and none of us would have him here.

Sorry Jimbo, he's a canny manager at Championship or SPL level but he would be an absolute cast iron certainty to fail at Newcastle. He has no proven record at all other than taking a side up who he had been at for a number of years, getting them into Europe, wasting 10m on crap, and then getting them relegated.

Souness took Rovers up, got them into Europe twice, finished 6th and even won a Cup and while he had a bit more to spend, he also sold a lot too, the turnover of players was huge.

To call for Souness' head and then promote Burley's name, well it's going from one extreme to another. I don't see anything in him that would even hint towards him being a success at Newcastle and that's simply because he isn't good enough and never will be, not at the level we are operating at. It would be a travesty, a bigger mistake than Souness, if he landed the Toon job.

His teams play nice football, but hey, so did Ozzie Ardiles'. He picks youngsters, but hey so does Souness. He can get the best out of players, but hey, so can McCarthy.

In a nut shell, he's shite. In my opinion of course and you are intitled to yours but the things you list as his qualities, are qualities most lower League managers have. Hell, even Souness must have those qualities looking at the job he did at Blackburn, he turned Duff into a 17m player, Friedel into one of the best 'keepers in the Premiership, Tugay into a decent Prem player, Matt Jansen and so on and so on.

We'd be going from bad to worse or from bad to equally bad with Burley.

64884[/snapback]

Don't fucking patronise me, and don't infer that your opinion is a matter of fact because it isn't, ok ?

64886[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

Pick your dummy up man, there was nowt in it.

Big tart B)

65069[/snapback]

Go fuck yourself ! :)

I don't think, unless we get Pearce or Ferguson, we'll find a better British manager than Souness..

64982[/snapback]

:lol:

65025[/snapback]

Okay, I badly worded that one. ;)

What I mean is I don't think there's a British manager bar those two (and O'Neill :lol:) who would take us upto the next level. You could argue the likes of Burley, Jewell, Allardyce, Curbishley, etc. are better managers than Souness, but I'm not convinced they could get us into the top 4 or 5 year in, year out, whereas I believe someone like Deschamps, Le Guen, Hitzfeld, even Ranieri, could.