Amsterdam

Mac-Toon

Not according to the majority on here. I've always trawled the internet and found there's loads to do. I've not planning on hanging aboot in a cafe getting baked all day.

The bits we'll be doing looks far from 'desperate'. I hope.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Just got back from what must be my 6th visit and the first time I've actually not thought the place to be filthy to the core.

Spent the weekend walking and cycling round the Jordaan. Absolutely beautiful place, super friendly, with great bars on every corner.

Agreed. The collaborating bastards were so eager to please the Hun none of their wonderful city was bombed during WW2 so large parts of it are old,quaint and utterly fabulous.

Old Rotterdam was destroyed in about half an hour by the Luftwaffe and is now a concrete shithole. But they did call a general strike in support of the Jews.

Strange lot, the cloggies...

:icon_lol:

And if you're going to the Anne Frank house, go first thing in the morning.

Or save yourself the bother and sit in a cupboard not eating bacon for a few hours.

I went to the Anne Frank house a couple of weeks ago (also went from Hull on the Ferry came home in a force 8 gale I would recommend you fly) We queued for about 1/2 hour and we went at lunch time. It was well worth the wait.

Just get the plane you bamps £100 return beats sharing a boat with loads of lairy Scotchwaaads!

Years since I've been like, been five times, and there was even a shop for gays called "Why Not?". Apart from that without doubt one of my favourite cities I've ever been to. Parts of it look like Philadelphia on Rocky 1 though.

I can't understand getting the ferry over like. From the stories I've heard it sounds like the fucking Bigg Market on a boat. And you get half a day at your actual destination. Fuck that.

One of your favourite words I think is bamps, and it's such a bampy thing to do imo, for the reasons you mention.

Agreed. The collaborating bastards were so eager to please the Hun none of their wonderful city was bombed during WW2 so large parts of it are old,quaint and utterly fabulous.

Old Rotterdam was destroyed in about half an hour by the Luftwaffe and is now a concrete shithole. But they did call a general strike in support of the Jews.

Strange lot, the cloggies...

:icon_lol:

And if you're going to the Anne Frank house, go first thing in the morning.

Or save yourself the bother and sit in a cupboard not eating bacon for a few hours.

I went to the Anne Frank house a couple of weeks ago (also went from Hull on the Ferry came home in a force 8 gale I would recommend you fly) We queued for about 1/2 hour and we went at lunch time. It was well worth the wait.

Never understood how it took the Nazis so long to catch her it is fucking signposted all over, not the best place to hide me thinks.

Fucking hell the airing cupboard in the 14 stories was safer than that

The drink costs a bomb on the boat too. And they checked your bags getting on at the North Shields end to make sure you haven't brought your own drink on. And there's fuck all to do on there except drink. The 'entertainment' is naff too. It's hilarious for about the first 10 minutes like.

I can't understand getting the ferry over like. From the stories I've heard it sounds like the fucking Bigg Market on a boat. And you get half a day at your actual destination. Fuck that.

Yeah, I also heard nowt but horror stories from the ferry. Loads of people I know went on the ferry once due to it being cheap and always came back saying 'never again.' Loved that story of the lass who 'fell' off it a few weeks back and couldn't explain how it happened. I might be being unfair but I'm guessing it involved alcohol.

I went there a couple of years ago to watch the start of the Giro d'Italia. Fantastic place and we didnt even get close to the RLD once. I aint a user of drugs and the last time I went there we walked through the RLD and I wasnt keen on the people asking you if you wanted drugs.

• 6 months later...

See EasyJet are opening the Newcastle to Amsterdam service in December this year, prices start from £46. Canny. Fancy watching some football over there next season.

Am off to Den Haag for the friendly if/when its confirmed...cloggie games are great, cheap and easy to get to and The Netherlands itself is so small you can base yourself in Amsterdam and sample all the delights that fine city has to offer :)

Am off to Den Haag for the friendly if/when its confirmed...cloggie games are great, cheap and easy to get to and The Netherlands itself is so small you can base yourself in Amsterdam and sample all the delights that fine city has to offer :)

Been to Holland loads of times. The Dutch are arrogant but they don't give a fuck, and they like us better than the krauts. I'd recommend Eindhoven to anyone, it's known as an industrial shithole, it's fucking amazing. The way people go on you'd think you were going to Teesside, beautiful place, my favourite part of Euro 2000 was staying there. There's a pedestrian street a mile long with nothing but bars.

Been to 5 dutch stadiums now too, all class, again Eindhoven my favourite. Ajax v Feyenoord Jan 19, £46 return mmmm tempting.

Was in Utrecht, Gouda and Rotterdam over the last 2 days. Utrecht was canny.

Never been to Rotterdam, always fancied it. Rotterdam has its own strain of rave music, when Feyenoord play a big game, everyone turns out at 9pm the night before and goes to 15 hours raves doing cowies and listening to this sort of stuff.....

till kick off and they go to the match. So if you ever see a Feyenoord game and know why some of the fans looked fucked, that's why.

Been to Holland loads of times. The Dutch are arrogant but they don't give a fuck, and they like us better than the krauts. I'd recommend Eindhoven to anyone, it's known as an industrial shithole, it's fucking amazing. The way people go on you'd think you were going to Teesside, beautiful place, my favourite part of Euro 2000 was staying there. There's a pedestrian street a mile long with nothing but bars.

Been to 5 dutch stadiums now too, all class, again Eindhoven my favourite. Ajax v Feyenoord Jan 19, £46 return mmmm tempting.

Think I've seen all our games in Holland in the last decade or so...the pre season tour they did when Sir Bob was mananger was fuckin brilliant. Heerenveen was good too, Breda and Alkmaar were a bit wild due to our old friends from Feyenoord coming to visit.

Reading away on the 19th, not missing much there. Do you know how easy it is to get tickets? Italy is almost impossible for tkts now, youve got to be registred with the Italian FA and have your piccy on the tkt.