Amsterdam

Mac-Toon

Been to Holland loads of times. The Dutch are arrogant but they don't give a fuck, and they like us better than the krauts. I'd recommend Eindhoven to anyone, it's known as an industrial shithole, it's fucking amazing. The way people go on you'd think you were going to Teesside, beautiful place, my favourite part of Euro 2000 was staying there. There's a pedestrian street a mile long with nothing but bars.

Been to 5 dutch stadiums now too, all class, again Eindhoven my favourite. Ajax v Feyenoord Jan 19, £46 return mmmm tempting.

Mate of mine said Eindhoven was grand too, must say i'd love to go. Done Amsterdam twice so it'd be good to explore another part of the country.

There a tourist smoking ban still though? :glare:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in Utrecht, Gouda and Rotterdam over the last 2 days. Utrecht was canny.

Been to Utrecht a few times after we met a lad from there when we played PSV in 97 who was supporting us. Used it as a base for a couple of the pre-seasons + Feyenoord 03 and also once just for a few days on the piss.

Nice fuck off church.

Eindhoven looked ok but was too nervous to enjoy it as we'd gone without tickets and spent most of the time trying to get sorted.

Think I've seen all our games in Holland in the last decade or so...the pre season tour they did when Sir Bob was mananger was fuckin brilliant. Heerenveen was good too, Breda and Alkmaar were a bit wild due to our old friends from Feyenoord coming to visit.

Reading away on the 19th, not missing much there. Do you know how easy it is to get tickets? Italy is almost impossible for tkts now, youve got to be registred with the Italian FA and have your piccy on the tkt.

Nee idea re tickets, I know Ajax used to have 35000 season ticket holders, and its a swipe card way, but they must have some sort of scheme for foreigners. Only time I've been for a game there was Spain v Slovenia.

Mate of mine said Eindhoven was grand too, must say i'd love to go. Done Amsterdam twice so it'd be good to explore another part of the country.

There a tourist smoking ban still though? :glare:

I didn't realise there was? 12 years since I was there.

Lercals only in the cafes now. It's a unanimously unpopular decision.

Imagine if we had a law like that here? The R word would be banded about like confetti. You could still get away with it, if anyone pulls you, pretend to be stoned and say Ayarrksh Amshterdarm with you thumb up and you might get away with it.

Imagine if we had a law like that here? The R word would be banded about like confetti. You could still get away with it, if anyone pulls you, pretend to be stoned and say Ayarrksh Amshterdarm with you thumb up and you might get away with it.

:lol: You need a special ID card. The locals are up in arms about it too, cos you'll have to apply for one of these things and it's only really tolerated rather than legal anyway.

So your average upstanding member of the community isn't that keen on having to apply for his Hello world, I'm a stoner card.

:lol: You need a special ID card. The locals are up in arms about it too, cos you'll have to apply for one of these things and it's only really tolerated rather than legal anyway.

So your average upstanding member of the community isn't that keen on having to apply for his Hello world, I'm a stoner card.

Aye. Well lets hope that the mayor continues his policy of ignoring it. FFS last time I was there, there were blacks selling crack cocaine (honestly), the police were just confiscating and telling them to pipe down. Now you can't even walk about with a spliff. The grass I've had in Amsterdam is the most mellow amazing grass I've ever had.

See EasyJet are opening the Newcastle to Amsterdam service in December this year, prices start from £46. Canny. Fancy watching some football over there next season.

Aye, replacing the Paris flight for some reason. Can't imagine DFDS are too happy that you can fly there in 90 mins for half the price its costs for an overnight ferry

Aye. Well lets hope that the mayor continues his policy of ignoring it. FFS last time I was there, there were blacks selling crack cocaine (honestly), the police were just confiscating and telling them to pipe down. Now you can't even walk about with a spliff. The grass I've had in Amsterdam is the most mellow amazing grass I've ever had.

The common conception is that if you make it illegal for the tourists to use the cafes (which is a major source of tourist income) then it'll only increase the amount of illegal drug dealers selling it outside. Pretty bad for the businesses so no wonder the mayor is ignoring it. I thought it was already in effect but obviously not.

Both times i've been there i've made sure to see the sights and have a general wander, although i've never been quite so utterly monged as I have been after that weed breakfast. Walking at a turtle's pace and seemed as if gravity had reached jupiter levels. I probably looked like i was going under an invisible limbo pole.

The common conception is that if you make it illegal for the tourists to use the cafes (which is a major source of tourist income) then it'll only increase the amount of illegal drug dealers selling it outside. Pretty bad for the businesses so no wonder the mayor is ignoring it. I thought it was already in effect but obviously not.

Both times i've been there i've made sure to see the sights and have a general wander, although i've never been quite so utterly monged as I have been after that weed breakfast. Walking at a turtle's pace and seemed as if gravity had reached jupiter levels. I probably looked like i was going under an invisible limbo pole.

:lol:

We've all been there. If you take away the cafes and what not, it's still a fantastic place Amsterdam, one of the most beautiful cities in the world and I don't think that's an exaggeration.

McFaul, on 12 July 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

See EasyJet are opening the Newcastle to Amsterdam service in December this year, prices start from £46. Canny. Fancy watching some football over there next season.

Aye, replacing the Paris flight for some reason. Can't imagine DFDS are too happy that you can fly there in 90 mins for half the price its costs for an overnight ferry

Can anyone confirm they're stopping the Paris flight? We've used it a few times when taking the girls to Disney and even though they've spoiled the flight times it's still a good option if you're going. Cheaper than Air France and I wouldn't even contemplate travelling south to get on a train over the channel.

Can anyone confirm they're stopping the Paris flight? We've used it a few times when taking the girls to Disney and even though they've spoiled the flight times it's still a good option if you're going. Cheaper than Air France and I wouldn't even contemplate travelling south to get on a train over the channel.

Why not, like?

When we played Zulte Waragem a few years ago, we decided to fuck off the flying and give the Eurostar a shot. Got an early train from here down to Kings X then across to Waterloo. Quick change in Brussels and we were in a bar Ghent by 2pm. Security was much less of a fuck on and you're unloaded in the centre so there's no airport runs.

It's even easier now. Went to a festival in Paris last August, got the 7am down to London (it's direct, nee stops) in 2 and a half hours and then a 5 minute walk to the check in at St. Pancras. Another couple of hours and you're in Paris by early afternoon. Easy.

Granted if it gans wrong it's a fuck on but that applies to flying aswell. Also, this is coming from someone who loves flying.

Don't work for Eurostar either!

Edited by WubbleUC

McFaul, on 12 July 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

I can confirm it. Stopping in October. You can get tickets on the eurostar for £100 return from central station or fly easy jet from Glasgow or Manchester

Why not, like?

When we played Zulte Waragem a few years ago, we decided to fuck off the flying and give the Eurostar a shot. Got an early train from here down to Kings X then across to Waterloo. Quick change in Brussels and we were in a bar Ghent by 2pm. Security was much less of a fuck on and you're unloaded in the centre so there's no airport runs.

It's even easier now. Went to a festival in Paris last August, got the 7am down to London (it's direct, nee stops) in 2 and a half hours and then a 5 minute walk to the check in at St. Pancras. Another couple of hours and you're in Paris by early afternoon. Easy.

Granted if it gans wrong it's a fuck on but that applies to flying aswell. Also, this is coming from someone who loves flying.

Don't work for Eurostar either!

It's more expensive for a start! ;) Plus you've got the extra travelling time and a couple of changes which isn't ideal as the Wife struggles to walk long distances and the kids start acting up etc. Anyway, you're talking about £100 more for a longer journey with a couple of stops. Fuck that when you're with your wife and kids and not with the lads.

I can confirm it. Stopping in October. You can get tickets on the eurostar for £100 return from central station or fly easy jet from Glasgow or Manchester

They're still taking bookings on their website up till the 4th November, as far as I remember there's always a cut off point where you can only book up to?

FlyBe are doing the air France flights now (used to be Brit air), hope they put on some extra flights but I can't see it. Odd decision as I think I must have done that flight nearly 50 times and I can't remember an easy jet or air France flight that wasnt full or thereabouts. I know one of the pilots that does that route for easy jet so will ask him what the crack is.