Newcastle United 1-3 Manchester City

Christmas Tree

Got to say I think Carroll is being overhyped at the moment. He’s playing well and has a lot of potential but he’s still an unknown quantity to most Premier League defences, and a type of player most of them haven’t faced for years if ever. All it will take is for one team to come up with tactic for dealing with him and his effectiveness will be greatly diminished.

I’m playing devil’s advocate but it’s not uncommon for PL ‘virgins’ to over perform in their first season. That lad from Ipswich who’s name I forget being a good example. Banged in loads of goals in his first season, was shit in his second and ended up at Sunderland.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to say I think Carroll is being overhyped at the moment. He’s playing well and has a lot of potential but he’s still an unknown quantity to most Premier League defences, and a type of player most of them haven’t faced for years if ever. All it will take is for one team to come up with tactic for dealing with him and his effectiveness will be greatly diminished.

I’m playing devil’s advocate but it’s not uncommon for PL ‘virgins’ to over perform in their first season. That lad from Ipswich who’s name I forget being a good example. Banged in loads of goals in his first season, was shit in his second and ended up at Sunderland.

Marcus Stewart? I get your point like but Carroll's obviously got more talent than he did, first season form aside. He's come up against some of the best centre halves in Europe this season and made them into ghosts but he's good on the deck as well and has a bit of skill. His improvement has been scary and I think he'll be a top centre forward for a good while.

Marcus Stewart? I get your point like but Carroll's obviously got more talent than he did, first season form aside. He's come up against some of the best centre halves in Europe this season and made them into ghosts but he's good on the deck as well and has a bit of skill. His improvement has been scary and I think he'll be a top centre forward for a good while.

Aye, that him.

CG is missing the point. It’s relatively easy to make good defenders look like ghosts once, but next time they come up against AC they’ll have first hand experience of his game, have a better knowledge of his strengths and weaknesses. It’ll be interesting to see how he gets on during the second half of the season.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

:lol: This post. You're comparing Marcus Stewart to Carroll. When you have that much energy and brute strength, you're impossible to stop. He's the most formidably powerful striker in English football, if you asked every centre half in the league to name 5 they don't want to play against I'd guess Carroll would be on most peoples lists. Ridiculous to compare him to Marcus Stewart. He's gonna be Big Dunc minus injury problems, clearly he doesn't care about anything, he's been in the papers for all the wrong reasons but he couldn't care less he just gets on with it.

I've said it loads of times too, when you look at the likes of this Steve Brenner, and Lee Ryder, there are people on here who would make more interesting, better journalists than many who are in the media. 6 out of 10 what a manc cunt.

Tbf, I think marks out of 10 for players are the last thing anyone(let alone journos) want to do after a game. Personally, I'd not be interested in breaking down the merits of 22+men. I doubt much thought goes into it at all.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Tbf, I think marks out of 10 for players are the last thing anyone(let alone journos) want to do after a game. Personally, I'd not be interested in breaking down the merits of 22+men. I doubt much thought goes into it at all.

Would you have given Maradona 6/10 against England in 1986? It was glaringly obvious to anyone in that stadium Carroll had a fantastic game. Lazy journalism tbh.

Scores out of ten for players! Is it just me or does anyone actually give a fuck? It's like these duck-eggs on SKY reeling off how many passes Fabregas made, how many times he tackled, his percentage of whatever, blah blah, ad infinitum.......WHO GIVES A FUCK, MAN!!!!!!!??????? ;)

As defenders become more savvy to him, he'll be growing as a player and obviously gaining more attributes. I think he's a fantastic player for such a young lad and honestly believe we aint seen nothing yet. I've no doubt whatsoever he'll be a mainstay in the Ingurland side. In truth, he's better in the air than all our defenders, faster than all but Routledge, Great touch and an eye for goal.

I don't see him being overhyped, I just see him being fairly judged on what he's achieved so far. Appreciate him whilst he's here, we could be talking about him as a 'could've been' if the big boys come calling.

Would you have given Maradona 6/10 against England in 1986? It was glaringly obvious to anyone in that stadium Carroll had a fantastic game. Lazy journalism tbh.

I think the stat someone posted on twitter said it all

Andy Carroll attempted 9 shots (excl. blocked) vs. Man City. No player has attempted as many in a game since 2006/07 in the PL.

Scores out of ten for players! Is it just me or does anyone actually give a fuck? It's like these duck-eggs on SKY reeling off how many passes Fabregas made, how many times he tackled, his percentage of whatever, blah blah, ad infinitum.......WHO GIVES A FUCK, MAN!!!!!!!??????? ;)

I agree. And this fascination with 'assists' bugs the fuck out of me too.

I think the stat someone posted on twitter said it all

Andy Carroll attempted 9 shots (excl. blocked) vs. Man City. No player has attempted as many in a game since 2006/07 in the PL.

Does that include his acrobatic shot that ended up nearer the corner flag than the goal? Fuck the stats, we can see he had a good game but it's getting daft now, all based on a 6/10 score from a rag with a dwindling circulation. I've met people who read the Sun and take it seriously and they struggle to breathe let alone think, so who gives a fuck about it really?

Obviously Chez is giving it all the aggro, but this is what has been drilled into him on his office-management courses; he now struggles to function as a human being outside of an office environment, hence his apoplectic outbursts. It'd be more constructive to say let's hope Carroll puts in another good performance against Spurs and keeps up his outstanding form. The Ma City match is gone now and we need to focus on picking up points and remaining in this league.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt