Shane Ferguson tearing apart international opposition

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Santon, Debuchy and Haidara are all due back soon though as it would have been utterly pointless bringing him back to not get a game again. As most on here said he needed a loan out and is now benefiting from that massively so to stifle his development again would be madness.

Also I thought that he wasn't a full-back? ;)

As we have three full backs currently out injured I would have had him back.

But what do I know :)

You also said he was the answer to our creativity problems at Premier League level and he failed when he was given the chance to be that and attributed the blame elsewhere so now that he's doing it at Championship Level doesn't mean you were right. :up:

Santon, Debuchy and Haidara are all due back soon though as it would have been utterly pointless bringing him back to not get a game again. As most on here said he needed a loan out and is now benefiting from that massively so to stifle his development again would be madness.

Also I thought that he wasn't a full-back? ;)

Back soon is not back now and as we are still in a very precarious position it should be a case of all hands to the pumps.

I, like Lee Clark, prefer him on the wing but he can certainly cover at left back.

You also said he was the answer to our creativity problems at Premier League level and he failed when he was given the chance to be that and attributed the blame elsewhere so now that he's doing it at Championship Level doesn't mean you were right. :up:

He got three assists in a row whilst playing in what most of you describe as a shit team pre Christmas.

Has he been given a run of 6 or 7 games on the wing? Has he fuck.

Pointless argument to have anyway.

Sorry but I don't think Shane Ferguson playing at left-back away to Manchester City would be the answer, as was shown when he looked out of his depth against Man Utd at home earlier on in the season. The club obviously rate Haidara as a better prospect at full-back and from what I have witnessed so do I.

Sorry but I don't think Shane Ferguson playing at left-back away to Manchester City would be the answer, as was shown when he looked out of his depth against Man Utd at home earlier on in the season. The club obviously rate Haidara as a better prospect at full-back and from what I have witnessed so do I.

But he's injured :lol:

Ferguson is having a good run at Birmingham and that free kick was superb.

I'd like to see him stay on loan for another half a season at least - he needs regular games to develop and won't get them back at NUFC for the time being.

Yet will be back next week by all accounts. For one game it's really not worth it.

Agreed.

Would rather have Jonas or Perch there and give Ferguson the games he needs rather than bringing him back for one game we were unlikely to win anyway. It's not as if he has shown himself to be a markedly better defender than those two either.

He's a fairly poor defender in my view - he's too lazy and - still - far too much of a soft touch. He's clearly working hard at Birmingham and trying to prove himself - compare that free kick to his free kick against Brugge.

I don't think he has enough to his game at the moment but that's probably another reason why he's away - I wouldn't want him to be a one trick pony like the poppy burner at Sunderland. I think he could perhaps learn from Ben Arfa too - play him as a winger on the right so he can cut in on his left.

• 1 month later...

That doesn't make him a proven player.

Obertan could score 3 game in a row, doesn't mean he's better than Ben Arfa.

That would surely raise brows and drop jaws if he did though. Obertan being consistent for 3 games should be considered a freakin miracle.

I would happily give CT's chubby trotter a sensual massage if 'Shane' returned and helped keep us up.

As it happens I've had this little scenario running through my head where Fergie and Marveaux play in my dream positions and save us in the last two games, finally ratifying my superior football knowledge above the lot of you. ;)

I would happily give CT's chubby trotter a sensual massage if 'Shane' returned and helped keep us up.

As it happens I've had this little scenario running through my head.

Get a room, you two