Shane Ferguson tearing apart international opposition

Christmas Tree

The irony, a Tory voter telling others he knows more about the left wing.

The irony, a Tory voter appreciating a left-winger with one good trick and little in the way of actual substance. Ferguson = Blair. :o

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Ants not tugging himself off over two games and he's anti Ferguson? By the way CT I don't think you're anti Jonas. Your just so pro Ferguson you plough through anything in his way.

Oh yes I am anti Jonas :) Cheek of it!

Edited by Christmas Tree

You have to remember that we have had a lot of key players missing every game this season so we've not hit anywhere near top gear.

As Ben Arfa has been one of our few bright spots on the left it's making it look a lot worse on the left than it probably is. If everyone was firing then I don't think there'd be this big worry and it would just be CT's anti Jonas feelings.

That said, Ferguson has come on and produced in the last two games. Yes it's nowhere near enough match time to suggest he's ready to set the league alight but all he can do is produce in the time he's given and go from there. Surely the next stage is now to give him a start and see how well he does for a full game. He might prove he's not ready or he might have a blinder and set up a hatfull. But we'll never know unless we give him a go.

The next two league games are massive mind you and I really do think it's fair on him to throw him in under that sort of pressure. Bordeaux is the time to give him a go for me.

Agreed. This is one of the first big tests of Pardew's management. Is he willing to drop his tried and trusted players when they're off form for one of the young guns who has done little wrong when given a chance?

Not exactly for the reason you specified, but he has given the likes of Tav a chance as of late.

Pardew said: “He’s pushing, Fergie. I kept saying he’d have an impact with that left foot of his, and my goodness he’s made an impact.

Me too Alan ;)

Now dont bottle the big call. Sir Alex or Arsene would have no hesitation in giving youth a chance.

Nobody new that when they got their chance.

I think the people in the know would have had a pretty good idea of how good they were going to be.

Some players really flourish later on in their careers and they are mostly the ones who there was no expectations of when they were young. The ones who are really highly thought of usually break through pretty quickly.

If you look at the top England players over the last few years as an example, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Terry, Lampard, Beckham, Owen, Shearer, Rooney etc all had very high expectation of them from a very young age.