Shane Ferguson tearing apart international opposition

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I think you're both being a bit daft like, but that's a fine turn of phrase.

Give me five words about how you would describe Ant's flacid attack on CT and how he's ended up lookin (on this particular subject) five words. 5 words from a creative man like you.

"Not really worth the bother"

"It's only the bloody internet"

"CT's hide is thick enough" ;)

Well where is the bother?

The situation is this. Someone who thinks he has a degree of power (Subject B) ridicules someone who he believes isn't respected en masse (Subject A), yet subject B ends up looking like a cunt? It's not as much bother as fact. Bullying exists at all levels of life, CT's views on Ashley to me are nearly as bad as jew views on Nazi's but that's irrelevant. My point tonight is Ant views CT as someone the board en masse had poked fun at for varying reasons over a period of time. CT posts something about one of our young players, he's had a canny game against, Ant attacks him ends up looking like a cunt, and no one says anything. "It's only CT". Look at facts here not opinions. CT deserves at the very least an unsarcastic apology.

Aye OK. It's still playground stuff though.

In what respect mate? If he was trying to talk down to someone like Chez or Alex you wouldn't have said that.

Aye OK. It's still playground stuff though.

From who? Someone trying to demean CT? "Ah its alright its CT". Anyone with anything about them could see what this post was about below:

he was playing in a friendly against Russias reserves (bar two players) no one cares

(and yes i know it was a world cup qualifer...was russias reserves still, seen cappello and those lads training at work yesterday though)

Surely respect is the name of the game? Where's the respect there? If you're going to abuse as well and end up looking like such a Greys Monument cunt, Meenzer, would you not think the best course of action is to offer an unsarcastic genuine apology? Because I would.

Stevie mate, you've got 10,152 posts on an internet forum and I've got 17,154 so I can hardly say none of this matters at some level, but ultimately it's a bunch of grown men who've never met playing with words from behind a computer screen. Any problem Ant has with CT is no more or less real or important than the problem you have with Ant, but frankly all of it just ends up going round in circles and nobody gets anything out of it. Think less of Ant for what he says on the internet by all means, but I don't see what you or anyone gains from spending time and energy and righteous indignation on stuff like this.

Stevie mate, you've got 10,152 posts on an internet forum and I've got 17,154 so I can hardly say none of this matters at some level, but ultimately it's a bunch of grown men who've never met playing with words from behind a computer screen. Any problem Ant has with CT is no more or less real or important than the problem you have with Ant, but frankly all of it just ends up going round in circles and nobody gets anything out of it. Think less of Ant for what he says on the internet by all means, but I don't see what you or anyone gains from spending time and energy and righteous indignation on stuff like this.

That's absolutely fine. I don't post every day on here, I have a look but it's wank lately, a lot of the people with anything interesting to say no longer post anyway. Your point here is "we can all talk shite", that's fine and very true. The point is here, there's 2000 members on this board, potentially many thousands of people who can view threads, all I was doing was highlighting someone trying to be a prick and ending up looking like a cunt. Why is that such a bad thing? CT comes on here to post about football, he made a genuinely fine post, someone ridiculed him and ended up looking like a global cunt. Flowery paragraphs starting with condescending "Stevie mate"'s won't change that.

The next person I reply to in this thread will be CT.

Like I say, it just feels like playground stuff to me. The bigger lad who throws his weight around because he can, showing a bit of fake sympathy towards one kid he doesn't actually like much so that he can have a go at another kid he doesn't actually like much. We're meant to be grown-ups but the internet makes us all bairns again.

And you specifically asked for flowery words so don't complain when I give them to you. ;)

I can't understand everyone leaping down his throat whenever he posts something in here like; it's about a player he rates (and we all rate certain players) and while I question the wisdom of him doing it about a game where he had no impression, it's perfectly fine letting people know about a Toon player scoring or having a good game when they're away on loan. I've seen everyone post some relentless shite on here, myself included and they don't receive half the dog's abuse CT does. Gemmill's point today about the worship of Ben Arfa was dead on when he described it, on some level, as fanboyism. CT just rates a player that other people don't.

I know I'm leaving myself open for people countering that Ben Arfa has done it in a Newcastle shirt (not very often, mind you) but CT has often just advocated giving the kid a run of games. He realises there's other players ahead in the pecking order but he's still frustrated about it. Who hasn't seen a player sitting on the bench that they think could be better than one on the pitch? It was the running theme of any Anita discussion last year ffs. But that's getting away from the core point that if CT was praising HBA to high heaven, nobody would disagree. Well, actually, he might because he praises Marveaux (who actually looked decent last year) and everyone jumped down his throat for that as well. Though Marveaux definitely can't play through the middle.

FWIW, I genuinely think CT rates Ferguson for the reasons he says; good delivery on a flank where we don't often have it and I agree it'd be useful if we're persisting with Pardew's "Get it wide and in" tactic down the left hand side. If you really can't reply to that without 500 ":lol:" smilies, then howay, man. The slagging of Deano, while it shouldn't be encouraged, by any means, but the bloke did promise to pay a bet to charity, went off in a sweary huff, then had the bollocks to come back and call everyone when he was rumbled

Also, I definitely give CT shite about his music taste and dodgy purchases but that's justified tbh ;) And I've not meant to put words in his mouth but I kna I have.

And to go with Stevie's point; the football crack on here is always canny iffy in pre-season because it's a load of hypotheticals and guessing. At least, in November, when we're shite, it can get a bit more enjoyable.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Like I say, it just feels like playground stuff to me. The bigger lad who throws his weight around because he can, showing a bit of fake sympathy towards one kid he doesn't actually like much so that he can have a go at another kid he doesn't actually like much. We're meant to be grown-ups but the internet makes us all bairns again.

And you specifically asked for flowery words so don't complain when I give them to you. ;)

Bit harsh that, Stevie's looking trim now

joke ffs ;)

I haven't posted here for years but I'm gald to see everyone's still jumping down each others' throats rather than raising their points eloquently LIKE A FUCKING BOSS.

I'd love, just once, to jump to last page of any one of these threads and actually see the topic still being discussed rather than a load of shit hoying going on.

But hey, what do i know eh.

I haven't posted here for years but I'm gald to see everyone's still jumping down each others' throats rather than raising their points eloquently LIKE A FUCKING BOSS.

I'd love, just once, to jump to last page of any one of these threads and actually see the topic still being discussed rather than a load of shit hoying going on.

Shane Ferguson

What a result beating russia 1-0. Nights like this you never forget as a player. Unbelievable atmosphere tonight at Windsor

;)

Fuck you Glen.

CT's views on Ashley to me are nearly as bad as jew views on Nazi's

:lol:

Thanks for the defence Stevie :)

As to the other stuff it's just a fact of life on here as in real life, that some people are more amicable than others. I try these days to simply avoid getting into an exchange with certain posters as the outcome is very predictable.

Great night for the lad though.

Be a bit daft to still be chatting about him coming back from Birmingham.

I've fixed the title for you though, so as to avoid confusion.

I've liked the look of Ferguson and there's something there but it ain't going to happen at nufc. CT gets stick, one for being CT, two for going over the top on wee shane with all the updates etc on him. :lol: (but that's just CT). :)

CT's views on Ashley to me are nearly as bad as jew views on Nazi's

:lol:

Thanks for the defence Stevie :)

As to the other stuff it's just a fact of life on here as in real life, that some people are more amicable than others. I try these days to simply avoid getting into an exchange with certain posters as the outcome is very predictable.

Great night for the lad though.