Diana Spencer - 13 years on

Kevin S. Assilleekunt

di_tribu.jpg

We can probably all agree that she was hot and had terrible taste in men, but what are your general opinions of 'the people's princess'?

Social climber/Gold-digger? - Diana received a lump sum settlement of around £17 million from Charles and started going out with Dodi - very rich - Fayed

Airhead? - she was regarded as a poor student, having attempted and failed all of her O-levels twice. I've heard it alleged that she never read a book from start to finish.

Great philanthropist, or overrated? - She raised the profile of the campaign against landmines and hugged people with AIDs.

I never knew the chick*, but I remember when she died and the national outpouring of grief; looking back it seems a bit daft for a country to have this sort of reaction over what was essentially an unfortunate traffic accident. It was a shame she died in such an incident - if she had stepped on a landmine, the outrage may have helped to push through a treaty for the ban of landmines internationally. It would have been a much better way for her to go imo.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Horrible thing to say this but I mean it about how I felt as a selfish 19 year old at the time. I was more gutted the Liverpool v Newcastle game was cancelled later that day.

I didn't know her, I know most of you better than I know her and I've only met a few of you, I'd be more upset if anyone on here's relative died than someone I only know because they're in the public eye.

Horrible thing to say this but I mean it about how I felt as a selfish 19 year old at the time. I was more gutted the Liverpool v Newcastle game was cancelled later that day.

I didn't know her, I know most of you better than I know her and I've only met a few of you, I'd be more upset if anyone on here's relative died than someone I only know because they're in the public eye.

Surely you have some inkling of the backstory Stevie?

I was 9 and I couldn't give a fuck. I remember finding the week of mourning very odd, I can't understand it, that's why I'm interested in people's opinions on her now. It seems like in retrospect it was a lot of media hype like with Swine Flu or something.

You like that she dated unpleasant men who were part of a corrupt business-empire? Her death was very trashy; no one blamed it on the drunk-driver doing 100 mph into a tunnel either, it was the paps taking photos :icon_lol: Can't have a photograph taken so we'll go at 120 mph into a bloody tunnel

MOst business empires are corrupt dear. Where do you live Narnia? :icon_lol:

Same here. I got up and my mother told me the game had been called off. I thought she was winding me up.

Surely you have some inkling of the backstory Stevie?

I do but why should I care deeply about someone I don't know. She was ridiculously wealthy, obviously in a shit situation with Charles for a number of years, and yes she helped a lot of people but people die in far more tragic circumstances every single day who haven't even had the opportunity to have an adult life. If I died the neet would Wigan v The Toon be cancelled? I doubt it.

You like that she dated unpleasant men who were part of a corrupt business-empire? Her death was very trashy; no one blamed it on the drunk-driver doing 100 mph into a tunnel either, it was the paps taking photos :icon_lol: Can't have a photograph taken so we'll go at 120 mph into a bloody tunnel

MOst business empires are corrupt dear. Where do you live Narnia? :icon_lol:

So what, that doesn't mean you have to date the cunts. I aint sayin she a gold-digger, but she aint messin with no broke Muslims, know what I'm saying blud?

I've heard that the Spencers were mistresses of the Windsors for many generations.

Parasitic slag. Having said that, that's what women like her are bred for so at least she was being sort of honest I guess.

The day she died I met a lad in a pub in Brixworth (was travelling to Liverpool with a mate from there) which is near Althorp whose brother shagged her when her and her mates use to tour the local villages looking for rough when she was a teeanger.

I'd been out on a heavy session the night before and only just managed to crawl out of my pit before kick-off. Put Sky on, and there was a blank screen with the message that the football had been cancelled due to the death of Princess Diana. My first thought was someone had fucked up and it must've been the Queen Mother that had died. Put teletext which confirmed the news, and retired to my pit to sleep off the rest of the hangover.

The only other thing that sticks out in my mind about it, was at the funeral, when the coffin was coming back out of the church some bint hysterically screaming "DIIANNNNAA!!!" Seems odd that some folk can work themselves up into such a frenzy of grief about someone they'd never even met. Suspect it was a scouser.

Parasitic slag. Having said that, that's what women like her are bred for so at least she was being sort of honest I guess.

The day she died I met a lad in a pub in Brixworth (was travelling to Liverpool with a mate from there) which is near Althorp whose brother shagged her when her and her mates use to tour the local villages looking for rough when she was a teeanger.

Sounds like you're talking about Cheryl Cole there tbh mate. She's got a horrible track record of fellas: Hewitt, Charles, Dodi, the list goes on. I can't honestly say I can see her touring round banging mere commoners though, these blokes had cash and status.

And you believed him?

It made sense to my admittedly biased world view.

I also reckon a blatant lie would be the lad saying it was him rather than his brother.

I usually quote Paul Heaton on Diana - "If she really cared about land mines why didn't she protest outside the British factories where they're made - no brown babies to be photographed with perhaps?"

Sounds like you're talking about Cheryl Cole there tbh mate. She's got a horrible track record of fellas: Hewitt, Charles, Dodi, the list goes on. I can't honestly say I can see her touring round banging mere commoners though, these blokes had cash and status.

I'm talking about pre-Charles here though - she wouldn't have known that tier of suitors then.

I'm talking about pre-Charles here though - she wouldn't have known that tier of suitors then.

From what I've heard though - and as you alluded to - the Windsors regularly turned to the Spencers when looking for a bit of totty. I would genuinely be surprised to find out she was very promiscuous and had a ravenous appetite for banging commoners in her youth, didn't seem the type imo, but again that's just my opinion.

I like her about as much as I like the song Elton John did for her.

:icon_lol: Can't believe 20m sad cunts watched the funeral, when there was only 18m watched England v Germany. This lass I used to work with she was a lush lass massive hips but game as fuck, older than me by 5 years but good value, but she was a right royalist, and she went to London for 2 days around the time of the funeral just to "feel close to the Princess". I was like what ye deein? Women. See the most upset I've been about someone I didn't know was probably Jackie Milburn, I cried all day stood there watching the procession. I was upset by SBR but we knew it was in the post.