Daily Mail: David Bentley to sign

Tooj

Signed for Birmingham

Shame. He could have done a job here. Can't understand why he would want to go there of all places though??

Might of all been paper BS and Pardew might not of fancied him, who knows.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed for Birmingham

Shame. He could have done a job here. Can't understand why he would want to go there of all places though??

money.

It's a loan move. He'd have been on the same where ever he went.

great. so bentley goes to brum and we get their reject

Hardly a reject. He's played in 20+ games for them this season. Only reason they'd let him leave now is because he's out of contract at the end of season and they want to cash in rather than have him walk on a free. Plus Brum only "get" Bently 'til the end of the season.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

great. so bentley goes to brum and we get their reject

Pretty sure Larsson has made no secret of not renewing his contract.

From what I've seen of him he's great at set pieces, but doesn't have a lot of pace. Reckon he'd be a good signing to bolster the squad depth, and he's better than Routledge.

I'm telling you, we'll sign Lacina Traore, Glenn Whelan & Seb Larsson

Traore - why? Cause he's huge? Zigic and Meierhofer were both signed on that principle, both utter flops.

Whelan - hardly even an upgrade on Guthrie, not a patch on Nolan, Barton or Tiote. On the cheap I guess I wouldn't say no.

Larsson - I'd welcome this signing and it looks like it'll happen.

I think we've dodged a bullet there, sounds like Bentley has a shocking attitude.

Posted while you were posting... :wank:

haha ! no problem, I always thought you spoke a lot of sense.

Bentley is a decent player, but I can see him doing a McFadden. Flashes of exceptional ability barely illuminating great periods of stroppy gloom.

Not convinced by Larsson either btw, he's decent at set pieces, but I can't recall him doing anything but that.

Traore - why? Cause he's huge? Zigic and Meierhofer were both signed on that principle, both utter flops.

Whelan - hardly even an upgrade on Guthrie, not a patch on Nolan, Barton or Tiote. On the cheap I guess I wouldn't say no.

I'm not saying that we'll sign Traore just cause he is huge. He fits into the bill of the young outfit that MA wants for the club. Pardew has been quiet on who we will have signed by the weekend and at the minute it is looking like Larsson.

I'm not saying that we'll sign Traore just cause he is huge. He fits into the bill of the young outfit that MA wants for the club. Pardew has been quiet on who we will have signed by the weekend and at the minute it is looking like Larsson.

At the minute its looking like no-one

So you made it up then?