The January Transfer Window 2011

Christmas Tree

We wouldn't sell Carroll for £40m, insists Toon chiefs

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/We-wo...icle662079.html

Newcastle have warned the Premier League big boys that £40million won’t buy Andy Carroll.

Owner Mike Ashley has given the Toon army the best new year message they could wish for – that he is determined to hang on to the club’s prize asset.

Chelsea, Manchester City and Tottenham all seem willing to test that resolve. But now Newcastle will hope to scare them off with a mega-money price tag on centre-forward Carroll.

We revealed in November that Chelsea wanted the young Geordie as eventual replacement for Didier Drogba. Since then, oil-rich City and Harry Redknapp’s Spurs have thrown their hat into the ring for England’s newest international.

But a source close to Ashley said: “Every week there seems to be a new club supposedly wanting Carroll.

“This must be worrrying for the fans, but Mike Ashley knows that new manager Alan Pardew wants to build his team around Carroll and he is not interested in selling him – even if someone bids £40m.”

Newcastle will listen to offers for striker Leon Best, a £2.5m flop since his move from Coventry, and for £60,000-a-week Alan Smith and veteran defender Sol Campbell, who spoke out against the sacking of Chris Hughton last month.

Pardew also hopes to tie up the permanent transfer of Hatem Ben Arfa from Marseille this week, but talk of Spurs forward Robbie Keane heading for Tyneside is wide of the mark.

Edited by Christmas Tree

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle are in the hunt for a striker who will dwarf Andy Carroll – 6ft 8in Ivory Coast star Lacina Traore.

While Toon insist they will keep hold of England powerhouse Carroll, they want to bring in Traore from Romanian champions CFR Cluj.

Sam Allardyce was poised to sign Traore, 20, for Blackburn only to be sacked before the deal could be finalised.

Now Toon chief Alan Pardew is keen to snap up Traore – who is rated at £8million by his club but is likely to leave for closer to £5m.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newca...icle662093.html

2009?!

Shooting the messenger never solved anything chaps :icon_lol: and whats this about 2009!!!! Both articles are published within the last hour by the Mirror?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the title may be a bit off. No need to shoot the messenger...

Edited by Nick

Aston Villa and Newcastle go head-to-head for £7m-rated PSG winger Stephane Sessegnon

Aston Villa and Newcastle will battle it out to sign Paris Saint Germain ace Stephane Sessegnon.

The 26-year-old right winger is contracted until 2013 but wants to quit after a bust-up with his manager.

The Benin international is valued at £7million

Sessegnon revealed last month that it was 'impossible' for him to stay at PSG after being insulted by boss Antoine Kombouare. He claims Kombouare swore at him in training.

Sessegnon said: 'The coach insulted me. I believe that a coach cannot call one of his players 'a******' or call him 'a s*** player' as was the case with me.

'That is what he said to me, I am not going to cover up what he said. Under these conditions, it appears to me that it is impossible to continue to play for Paris. Impossible.'

Newcastle are set to discuss a loan move for David Beckham when they open transfer talks this week.

Manager Alan Pardew is scheduled to meet with club chiefs to mull over potential targets for the transfer window and Beckham has already come into his thinking.

The LA Galaxy star, 35, is seeking another short-term stint during the USA's close-season having joined AC Milan on loan during the last two seasons.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has claimed Beckham is keen to join Spurs while Evertonare also thought to be interested, but Pardew has refused to rule out an attempt to lure the former England captain to Tyneside.

"David Beckham is an asset to a team on a number of levels," said the Newcastle boss in the Daily Star.

"But for a manager it's the playing level and the fact he can deliver a ball. He has the experience and guile to play for this team, 100 per cent.

"But there has been no talk about David Beckham.

"Perhaps I should ring him and see what he's up to, see if he is coming home.

No stone unturned

"We won't leave any stone unturned for any player who becomes available and who we think can take the club forward.

"That conversation will probably take place on Monday or Tuesday next week.

"We're just looking at the market and making calls to see who is and isn't available. Then we'll have to nail it down. I will put David on the list!"

Beckham has one more year left on his Galaxy contract having signed for the MLS club in 2007.

Also reportedly on Pardew's wish-list is Republic of Ireland striker Robbie Keane, who has seen little first-team action at Spurs this season.

The Newcastle manager added: "We would certainly like to bring in one player in the transfer window and if we could get two, you always want more goals."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6630371,00.html

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I think we should sign the best player in Scottish football, Steven Whittacker, class player, mainly a right back but can fill in a number of positions, probably only pay 2s for him as well.

Aston Villa and Newcastle go head-to-head for £7m-rated PSG winger Stephane Sessegnon

Aston Villa and Newcastle will battle it out to sign Paris Saint Germain ace Stephane Sessegnon.

The 26-year-old right winger is contracted until 2013 but wants to quit after a bust-up with his manager.

Sessegnon revealed last month that it was 'impossible' for him to stay at PSG after being insulted by boss Antoine Kombouare. He claims Kombouare swore at him in training.

Sessegnon said: 'The coach insulted me. I believe that a coach cannot call one of his players 'a******' or call him 'a s*** player' as was the case with me.

'That is what he said to me, I am not going to cover up what he said. Under these conditions, it appears to me that it is impossible to continue to play for Paris. Impossible.'

Such likely nonsense that you've not even bothered with a source.

Edited by Tecato

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Cant see Posh in Eldon square or the grainger market :icon_lol:

Well she was happy enough to roam round trampy Manchester. Fuck her anyway, it would only be for three months, she can stay in Los Angeles.

Such likely nonsense that you've not even bothered with a source.

perdantic fucker :icon_lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...-Sessegnon.html