Boost for Saturday.....

The Mighty Hog

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?HLID=33...ball_Home&f=rss

Newcastle are set to be boosted by the return of Michael Owen and Steven Taylor for this weekend's clash with Arsenal.

Owen has missed Newcastle's last four games with a groin problem, while Taylor has been sidelined for three weeks with a shoulder injury.

Both players are making good progress with their fitness and under pressure boss Graeme Souness is hopeful they will be available for selection against The Gunners on Saturday.

"We're very hopeful of having Michael Owen back against Arsenal and the other good news is that Steven Taylor could well be back as well," said Souness.

"We're very hopeful about him (Taylor). He's a young boy and he's a quick healer, so it's a case of fingers crossed, but as I've said, we're positive about it. That would be a timely boost for us ahead of what is going to be another tough game.

"It's been a difficult balancing act for me as a manager. I want to be able to put out my strongest side, but I don't want to rush players back too quickly and risk seeing them ruled out for another four or five weeks. At the moment, though, we think both should be all right for the weekend."

Souness concedes Newcastle have missed Owen with the side losing three of the four games in which the England international has been absent.

"Michael is a match-winner and without Kieron Dyer in our side, Emre and Albert Luque, we've lacked that bit of sparkle, that little bit of magic," added Souness.

"Michael has been as frustrated as anyone. He's been desperate to play, he hates being injured because he loves scoring goals and I'm thrilled to have him back.

"He is a born goalscorer and goals win games."

Whats the money on them being rushed back and breaking down?

Owen fit for this Saturday; Is England playing like?

65489[/snapback]

If reports are true of 102,000 pounds per week, he's made something like 1/2 million quid whilst being on the sick.

Could you imagine making that kind of money on the sick! MEDIC!!!!!!

"Michael is a match-winner''

The problem i think, is that he seems to be our only match winner  :lol:

65092[/snapback]

nah, once Dyer is back we'll be just as good. That is if Dyer ever stays fit for more than 3 consecutive games. We still need someone to replace Shearer though.

Owen fit for this Saturday; Is England playing like?

65489[/snapback]

If reports are true of 102,000 pounds per week, he's made something like 1/2 million quid whilst being on the sick.

Could you imagine making that kind of money on the sick! MEDIC!!!!!!

65491[/snapback]

I am struggling to make this kind of money when I am fully fit tbh.

From .com:

NUFC: Earlier optimism over Owen and  Taylor returning looks misplaced, while Dyer has incurred yet another setback in his bid for fitness - a hamstring strain picked up while working with British Olympic medical staff in London.

Charles N'Zogbia has had an operation on his hand, when pins had to be inserted.

He now looks like being sidelined until the end of the month and joins Moore, Carr and Emre on the sidelines - plus Babayaro, who serves the last of his three match ban against Arsenal.

We're going to be struggling to put a side out at this rate. :lol: