Newcastle United v. West Ham (St James' Park, Wednesday 5 January 2011 — 1945 kickoff)

dbsweeney

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing that we'll need to win after this, does anyone feel (like I do, for some reason) that if we win this it could be the game that makes our chances of staying up very bloody likely.

I think it'll be a harder game than the last one but we've got a stronger midfield than them so we'll win that battle. If it's Shola and Best up front, you've got to wonder how Best is going to do. Despite him being here for almost a year, I know next to nowt about how he actually plays. Nee point in complaining in advance though, you never know, he might pop up with the winner like Harewood did a couple of times last season.

Hope he starts with Ranger and Shola but got a feeling could see Nolan in an advanced role, Barton in the middle and Routeledge on the right. Reckon we will win tho, better do as I`m out with my West Ham supporting mate at the weekend who had us nailed on for the drop

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Really looking forward to this. I love it when games come thick and fast.

We haven't got another home game for two and a half weeks man. The next two after tonight are two of my favourite dixtures of the season. Yids and Arsenal, we always beat yids at home and Arsenal, we'll have the big man back. Don't want to sound cocky but I'm totally relaxed about tonight, not worried by West Ham at all despite their good recent run.

As I said earlier, think we'll get a win and no bother. Hopefully we'll put an end to Jabba's death rattle.

"Grant gone." :calmdown:

I always fancy us against West Ham, especially at home but am a bit worried that we can't seem to up our game against very winnable opposition teams, particularly after a decent win. I can't predict this one.

proverbial 6 pointer. must win game to keep us clear from the strugglers and at the same time suck west ham back into the relegation battle.

just the kind of game we've been losing this season though. who knows how we will perform?

Edited by Dr Gloom

Obinna is their most dangerous player, Cole doesn't scare me at all. I agree HMHM I always fancy us against West Ham, but having said that I'm so deluded it's exterely rare I go to the match thinking we won't win. Love a wednesday neet game me.

Obinna is their most dangerous player, Cole doesn't scare me at all. I agree HMHM I always fancy us against West Ham, but having said that I'm so deluded it's exterely rare I go to the match thinking we won't win. Love a wednesday neet game me.

Jabba v Chavver.

Edited by Park Life

Am hoping Pardew will have the lads right up for this one. Not sure his line about everyone needing to step up their game because the big man is absent will work twice in a row but he will be using his best motivational techniques tonight.

Odds on Best to score first?

A draw's alright. Not a great result but it stops them taking points off us which is why a defeat (like the Wigan game) is a terrible result.

"I was delighted when he came on at Wigan but gutted his chance went just past the post!

Aye, and Diana Ross narrowly missed her pen at the 1994 World Cup opening ceremony.

Ooh, that's a bit harsh! An 'insider' told me:

“People don’t see what she has done behind the scenes.

“She worked her socks off to get fit again when she was injured and back to where she is now.

“I was delighted when she came on but gutted her chance went just past the post!

“It was a fantastic run – she’s strong and powerful and she can bring that to the team.

“Hopefully, she can bring it in the next few weeks.

“We will see a lot more of her."

I know BEST is shite but I'd like him to score tonight, a goal could bring him on you never, he's still not much more than a kid. I'm going for Newcastle 1 West Ham 0 43,037

Howay the lads, Howay the lads Howay. 600 West Ham :calmdown: Craig rates these as the best in the country.

LLambias Programme notes for those not their.

"We are very pleased by the way our players have taken to the challenges of the Premier League during the first half of the season and while we knew life in this division would be tough, the lads have shown they have a real appetite for it.

"We enjoyed some memorable highlights here at St James' Park last year, and the game against Ipswich Town, where we received the Championship trophy, our 6-0 win over Aston Villa and, of course, our derby win over Sunderland are days that will never be forgotten.

"Now we head into a new year and another exciting 12 months lie ahead. With your continued support, we are confident we can continue to progress in 2011."