Newcastle United v. West Ham (St James' Park, Wednesday 5 January 2011 — 1945 kickoff)

dbsweeney

Lucky scarf my arse. :nufc:

Absolutely spectacular result, really am dead chuffed. We're coping well without Big Andy so far and picking points up now where it matters.

And yet...3 games into MOTD and still no 5-0 drubbing. :huff:

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
I know BEST is shite but I'd like him to score tonight, a goal could bring him on you never know, he's still not much more than a kid. I'm going for Newcastle 1 West Ham 0 43,037

LEON LEOOOOOOON BEST LEON LEOOOOON BEST LEON LEOOOOOON BEST

Well we all went tonight thinking it was going to be a mundane load of pish. I enjoyed it more tonight than I did against Villa, it was fuckin mint. See Best, as I've proved numerous times I'm psychic as fuck and I am, and as the post above illustrates, I knew he was in for a good neet. Not only that backed him at 6/1 first score first half, and second half too :nufc::):) hard to believe but I said to the kids next to me I bet he gets a hattrick the neet and he was great, his first goal was a very considered finished, could've panicked, but he took it really well, the third was absolutely fantastic, proper strikers finish. Really loved up feeling around the ground tonight, I honestly loved that game tonight, we knew we had to support them, everyone was like 4fs when they seen Lovenkrands and Best on the sheet but that was mint.

I tell you what though you will live your whole life and not see a worse miss than Ranger's in front of the Gallowgate end, wait till yous see it :huff:

there's not enough :nufc: smileys to put up for how good a neet it was :nufc: :nufc:

Another thing as well the crowd were singin for Pardew. The thing is right we could've won that 10-0 tonight. It was so fuckin good for 70 minutes.

I know BEST is shite but I'd like him to score tonight, a goal could bring him on you never know, he's still not much more than a kid. I'm going for Newcastle 1 West Ham 0 43,037

Well we all went tonight thinking it was going to be a mundane load of pish. I enjoyed it more tonight than I did against Villa, it was fuckin mint. See Best, as I've proved numerous times I'm psychic as fuck and I am, and as the post above illustrates, I knew he was in for a good neet. Not only that backed him at 6/1 first score first half, and second half too :nufc::):) hard to believe but I said to the kids next to me I bet he gets a hattrick the neet and he was great, his first goal was a very considered finished, could've panicked, but he took it really well, the third was absolutely fantastic, proper strikers finish. Really loved up feeling around the ground tonight, I honestly loved that game tonight, we knew we had to support them, everyone was like 4fs when they seen Lovenkrands and Best on the sheet but that was mint.

I tell you what though you will live your whole life and not see a worse miss than Ranger's in front of the Gallowgate end, wait till yous see it :huff:

there's not enough :nufc: smileys to put up for how good a neet it was :nufc: :nufc:

Another thing as well the crowd were singin for Pardew. The thing is right we could've won that 10-0 tonight. It was so fuckin good for 70 minutes.

Embarrassingly fickle imo

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

You're not kidding. Tonight though honest, there was a loved up feeling round the ground like we were all in it together I'm ganna have to gan sober again, I made up for it at half time but honestly it was a fantastic night, thoroughly enjoyable. Number 31 played well can't even remember who it was, he came on, and done good, needs some beef dinners doon his neck though.

Fuck sakes man Best was a pub league player according to nearly all on here since he signed. A bit of faith is shown in him tonight and he delivers. Am not saying he's now the new Ronaldinho by any means, but surely this shows it can turn around very quickly? Too many knee jerkers on here like.

:huff:

Thank God for good sense.

Best has had a hell of a game, but lets see him over a few more.

Ranger coming on against Liverpoo seemed to be the game changer.

Let's get some some perspective people.

BTW: Best moment of the televised game tonight: the comment that whenever Barton was doing a throw-in, the crowd in that part of the park was giving him a standing ovation.

He is immense for us this season.

Fantastic News Lads and Lasses

Pardew has come out after the game and said "100% Carroll is going nowhere".

Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear insists goalkeeper Shay Given will not be leaving St James' Park in January.

In recent weeks, Arsenal and Tottenham have both been linked with a transfer window move for the 32-year-old.

But Kinnear told The Journal: "He won't be leaving - he has no interest in that whatsoever. He loves the football club.

"He's part of the city and that suits us because he's a world-class goalkeeper. He's very happy here, he's very comfortable at Newcastle United."

Speculation surrounding Given's future increased after he produced a series of magnificent saves during the Magpies' 5-1 defeat by Liverpool on Sunday.

That performance led Kinnear to hail the Republic of Ireland international as the best goalkeeper in the Premier League.

"Shay's performance against Liverpool was brilliant and that got picked up on," added Kinnear.

"But ask the Geordie fans and I think they already knew how good he is. They know their football, so to be one of their favourites says it all about how good he is.

"He's the best goalkeeper in the Premier League by a mile."

Newcastle have some strength in the goalkeeping position, with Given's long-term deputy Steve Harper currently in discussions over a new contract.

However, Kinnear is determined to hold on to his best players, including England striker Michael Owen whose contract expires in the summer, as he attempts to steer the club away from the bottom half of the table

The next day Givens lawyer released a statement saying he wanted a move.

I take your point, but different circumstances to be fair.

Shay wanted to leave as soon as that shocking display against Liverpool occurred.

Carroll is not seeking to leave SJP (and the same could be said of JB, Tiote, Jose etc.).

Again, Milner was wanting to leave.

I'm not trying to stick up for Ashley, 'cause I do believe he could/will fuck us over again ... just that I think these players leaving were different circumstances from those of AC.

Well we all went tonight thinking it was going to be a mundane load of pish. I enjoyed it more tonight than I did against Villa, it was fuckin mint. See Best, as I've proved numerous times I'm psychic as fuck and I am, and as the post above illustrates, I knew he was in for a good neet. Not only that backed him at 6/1 first score first half, and second half too :):):nufc: hard to believe but I said to the kids next to me I bet he gets a hattrick the neet and he was great, his first goal was a very considered finished, could've panicked, but he took it really well, the third was absolutely fantastic, proper strikers finish. Really loved up feeling around the ground tonight, I honestly loved that game tonight, we knew we had to support them, everyone was like 4fs when they seen Lovenkrands and Best on the sheet but that was mint.

You're not kidding. Tonight though honest, there was a loved up feeling round the ground like we were all in it together I'm ganna have to gan sober again, I made up for it at half time but honestly it was a fantastic night, thoroughly enjoyable. Number 31 played well can't even remember who it was, he came on, and done good, needs some beef dinners doon his neck though.

Some one called Ferguson :nufc:

I'm not trying to stick up for Ashley, 'cause I do believe he could/will fuck us over again ... just that I think these players leaving were different circumstances from those of AC.

Neither Milner or Given wanted to leave until they discovered they'd been offered to clubs.

Neither Milner or Given wanted to leave until they discovered they'd been offered to clubs.

How do you know this? :huff:

We've just played the two worst teams in the league. But! We were weakened ourselves so fair play to us for comprehensively outplaying both of them. I just loved Nolan's goal, say what you like but this lad, apart from being a good captain, has a very handy habit of not flapping when the ball lands at his feet anywhere in the box, very Micky Quinn like. Pleased for Best, yes I don't think he's the answer but love to be proved wrong on these occasions, was also great to see the reaction of the other players when he scored, they've a real bond in this squad and it shouldn't be under-estimated.

i supplied the stream to a great match, be thankful.

:nufc:

If only you knew what the elite were watching it on

TV? :huff:

PS - I'll be paupering it with the streamer crew for the Stevenage match though, be fucked if I'm sprigging for Setanta again, ne'ev watched it when I had it after the James Richardson football show was axed after they ran out of money. Yes, they're still going in Australia and have the rights to the FA Cup.

Edited by OzToonFan

i supplied the stream to a great match, be thankful.

:huff:

If only you knew what the elite were watching it on

Kev's were all shit, i got mine from elsewhere.

You're shit you ungrateful prick :nufc:

Tell you what, last fucking time i ever try to help anyone on here, was fucking good enough to send you it wasn't i.