snakehips

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
I notice the avatar of a pub is a la mode these days.

Follow me. The original, and the best. :icon_lol:

Mine is of the Sl-ea-puz in Ea-st Bo-ah-ldon, CT's lo-ah-cul. Just under two mile from Stayuhdium.

that's the Denton man :lol:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?source=imgres&...zv0N86soT00b_NA

;)

A should naa one o me locals Steve howay man. I had a mackem pub that CT drinks in up, and changed it.

:icon_lol: alright mate, its the Denton now though !!!

Yes I know, I know it's the Denton now hehe - I find everything hilarious today.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Broken Doll. RIP.

;)

I went from drinking in the Wynn Dyke in West Denton with the odd trip to Madisons and Central Park etc around 1989 down to there. Live bands and Theakstons. Other than that is was the Dog & Parrott or The Farmers Rest.

Pund a pint the beer used to make you folla through.

Broken Doll ...did anyone ever sample the legendary "liquid Heroin " known as Slalom D ?

The Broken Doll. RIP.

;)

I went from drinking in the Wynn Dyke in West Denton with the odd trip to Madisons and Central Park etc around 1989 down to there. Live bands and Theakstons. Other than that is was the Dog & Parrott or The Farmers Rest.

Broken Doll ...did anyone ever sample the legendary "liquid Heroin " known as Slalom D ?

The Denton for me. Been going for years. I like the Powder Monkey over Benton way. Bars in town Goose, The Junction, Three Bulls Heads, The Waterline & The Bridge Hotel.

Nothing worse though when you've got scumbag dealers selling and snorting coke in the toilets at the local (the first place I mentioned). Makes me fucking sick when you can't get in to have a big poo or even the doorway too because of some knobends doing that shit.

On that note, good riddance to the Howlet! Got set about in there by that scum the week before it shut down...for good. It's now a Sainsburys.

The Mile Castle on a match day . ;)

Edited by Geordie Boyo

The Broken Doll. RIP.

:lol:

Your description, Sir, is apt. ;)

I was less into my beer and more into alternative pleasures in my Doll days. Barley Mow was a decent bar in it's day.

The Denton for me. Been going for years. I like the Powder Monkey over Benton way. Bars in town Goose, The Junction, Three Bulls Heads, The Waterline & The Bridge Hotel.

Nothing worse though when you've got scumbag dealers selling and snorting coke in the toilets at the local the first place I mentioned. Makes me fucking sick when you can't get in to have a big poo or even the doorway too some knobends doing that shit.

On that note, good riddance to the Howlet! Got set about in there by that scum the week before it shut down...for good. It's now a Sainsburys.

You'd hate London then. It's epidemic down there, easy to get drawn in to. It's not even where near being a taboo coke usage, it's the most natural thing in the world to so many down there.

The Howlett ;) what a fuckin dive. I went for a pint in there once wi me pal waiting for the chinkies to be done from Tonge's (fuckin mingin by the way) and this bloke came up to us and thought we were old bill. I says do we look like police like just joking, and in a straight face "AYE", sunk wa pints quick as a flash and fucked off.

We were in a pub the other week and some blokes were sparking up in the toilets ;) For us, if we stay local (in Gateshead, boo hiss), we get in The Victoria on the Fell. Our mate used to work there so we'd get in seeing him and now we know the regulars and what have you and it's good crack.

I notice the avatar of a pub is a la mode these days.

Follow me. The original, and the best. :icon_lol:

Mine is of the Sl-ea-puz in Ea-st Bo-ah-ldon, CT's lo-ah-cul. Just under two mile from Stayuhdium.

that's the Denton man :lol:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?source=imgres&...zv0N86soT00b_NA

;)

A should naa one o me locals Steve howay man. I had a mackem pub that CT drinks in up, and changed it.

:icon_lol: alright mate, its the Denton now though !!!

Yes I know, I know it's the Denton now hehe - I find everything hilarious today.

are you pissed :icon_lol:

Nothing worse though when you've got scumbag dealers selling and snorting coke in the toilets at the local (the first place I mentioned). Makes me fucking sick when you can't get in to have a big poo or even the doorway too because of some knobends doing that shit.

Do you ?

Shame about the Howlett, good riddance like but my uncle took me in there when I was about 17, sat with him and his mates watching them play bloody dominoes all night.

Nothing worse though when you've got scumbag dealers selling and snorting coke in the toilets at the local the first place I mentioned. Makes me fucking sick when you can't get in to have a big poo or even the doorway too some knobends doing that shit.

You'd hate London then. It's epidemic down there, easy to get drawn in to. It's not even where near being a taboo coke usage, it's the most natural thing in the world to so many down there.

The Howlett ;) what a fuckin dive. I went for a pint in there once wi me pal waiting for the chinkies to be done from Tonge's (fuckin mingin by the way) and this bloke came up to us and thought we were old bill. I says do we look like police like just joking, and in a straight face "AYE", sunk wa pints quick as a flash and fucked off.

We were just in on a match day. It was the last derby game before we got relegated. Some bloke laying down on the settee whilist we stood at the bar came up and just started on my mate out of nowhere. The coward chose to get up and do it when my mother's bloke went to the toilets (ex doorman) Before you know there's a few blokes dragging him out and I'm trying to break through the crowd as they give him a kicking. I go for the main guy and someone hits me in the side of the head, then my mother's bloke comes through and just grabs them throwing them off and they all backed off. My mate was a right state and I just came away with one ear resembling Plug from the bash street kids...! The head barman did fuck all. That's the only time I've ever been set-about. Only went in there because it seemed convenient and the nearest pub with the match on at the time, hence why I get a little pissed when I see that going on......think I'll stay away from London for now...! :lol:

The Broken Doll. RIP.

yep on many occassion.

I once got arrested having a fight outside the Doll, copper asked what I’d been drinking —

“Slalom D” I replied

“that’s drunk and disorderly then”

“eh, I’ve only had a pint”

“aye but it ’s Slalom D”

;)

We were just in on a match day. It was the last derby game before we got relegated. Some bloke laying down on the settee whilist we stood at the bar came up and just started on my mate out of nowhere. The coward chose to get up and do it when my mother's bloke went to the toilets (ex doorman) Before you know there's a few blokes dragging him out and I'm trying to break through the crowd as they give him a kicking. I go for the main guy and someone hits me in the side of the head, then my mother's bloke comes through and just grabs them throwing them off and they all backed off. My mate was a right state and I just came away with one ear resembling Plug from the bash street kids...! The head barman did fuck all. That's the only time I've ever been set-about. Only went in there because it seemed convenient and the nearest pub with the match on at the time, hence why I get a little pissed when I see that going on......think I'll stay away from London for now...! :lol:

Scumbags. I used to get set about quite often sadly when I was younger, must be me face.

Do you ?

Shame about the Howlett, good riddance like but my uncle took me in there when I was about 17, sat with him and his mates watching them play bloody dominoes all night.

I do aye whenever I get a ticket, which can be quite often. Normally sit at the back on the groundfloor. It's never really heaving, cheap & close enough too.

Do you ?

I do aye whenever I get a ticket, which can be quite often. Normally sit at the back on the groundfloor. It's never really heaving, cheap & close enough too.

I meant the Denton, but not on match day, just regularly. It was my local during the 70's and early 80's before I moved away, been in a few times lately.

Edited by LeazesMag

The Mile Castle on a match day . :lol:

Do you ?

I meant the Denton, but not on match day, just regularly. It was my local during the 70's and early 80's before I moved away, been in a few times lately.

ahh right ;) Nah, do get in from time to and time & know a lot of people in there. Really nice pub, reminds me of the goose, but obviously on a smaller scale. Good crack, but spoilt by the odd parasite.

Only had bother once when i've been out, standing on my own waiting on a taxi on the Dublin Rd, two plastered 17-19 year olds one took a swing as he walked past, both so drunk i seen it coming a mile off and knocked him over a wee wall behind me, his mate went to square up as i turned back round and then literally took off down the street and left his mate laying there ;).

probably cause me and couple of my mates aren't the smallest and the people that try that stuff tend to be cowardly fuckers, so never had much bother.

Cardiff is just nuts for fights/drink (think i posted before) had people try start on one of my friends randomly twice on same night there, both times they backed off when they realised he wasn't on his own.

I know Irelands stereotype is fighting n drinking but i'd say Dublin and Belfast are considerably stricter on the state of who gets in to bars/clubs for some reason than the mainland.

I've never ever in my life went looking for trouble, but my mouth has got me in to trouble in dangerous situation lots of times. Best thing that ever happened to me was being put in hospital in 2002, three kids set about me outside a social club, because of my idiotic inability to pipe down at the time. Was disgusting what happened to me to be honest, but I wouldn't back down when I should have because I was outnumbered. Since then I sense when I'm in danger and bite my tongue a lot more, because you just need the wrong kids at the wrong time and you get a knife in your heart. When I was in London about September time this black kid with his mates at Lewisham with a Staffy stood at a bus stop opposite the OB station as it goes, "don't fuckin be lookin at ma dog", honestly I could feel the rage inside me welling up, but I said fuck all, some people might think what a mug, but if I'd have kicked off anything could've happened.

See Cardiff I've only been once, for the game against Man Utd, and I saw two separate incidents of bouncers lacing kids for little or no reason, you don't see that up here at all often.

If I had a pub as my ava, it'd be this place in Mainz:

7f7fab75db3da1a690d1784de55e3656.jpg

...if only for the Germanic inventiveness of calling an Irish Pub "Irish Pub". ;) I believe there are still dents in the furniture from after Bellamy scored against Feyenoord.

When I was in London about September time this black kid with his mates at Lewisham with a Staffy stood at a bus stop opposite the OB station as it goes, "don't fuckin be lookin at ma dog", honestly I could feel the rage inside me welling up, but I said fuck all, some people might think what a mug, but if I'd have kicked off anything could've happened.

Didn't know you'd been round my way. There's some canny neighbourhoods (and pubs) near there, but central Lewisham itself is full of absolute scum. The shopping centre is actually canny, has most of what you'd need without having to go into central London, but the people man.

Edited by Meenzer

The Broken Doll. RIP.

Your description, Sir, is apt. ;)

I was less into my beer and more into alternative pleasures in my Doll days. Barley Mow was a decent bar in it's day.

Barlow Mow was canny aye. Used to sit outside on the balcony bit when it was there. Also the Free Trade (was in there yesterday). Not so keen on the cottage like...

When I was in London about September time this black kid with his mates at Lewisham with a Staffy stood at a bus stop opposite the OB station as it goes, "don't fuckin be lookin at ma dog", honestly I could feel the rage inside me welling up, but I said fuck all, some people might think what a mug, but if I'd have kicked off anything could've happened.

Didn't know you'd been round my way. There's some canny neighbourhoods (and pubs) near there, but central Lewisham itself is full of absolute scum. The shopping centre is actually canny, has most of what you'd need without having to go into central London, but the people man.

Meenzer I'm there 8 or 9 times a year. I stay in Lewisham just off Lee High Road on Belmont Hill when am there. I know the area like the back of me hand mate it's me second home. Me sis has lived in various places in Blackheath for about 16 years so it's my London manor. Where exactly do you stay? I was only in "The One Bar" a few weeks ago, and often pop in to Dylans. There's the best Indian take away ever in Lea by the way just along the road.

I know Lewisham Shopping Centre is ok as is the market, the people are ugly as fuck though, it's like being in Blyth.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

If I had a pub as my ava, it'd be this place in Mainz:

7f7fab75db3da1a690d1784de55e3656.jpg

...if only for the Germanic inventiveness of calling an Irish Pub "Irish Pub". :lol: I believe there are still dents in the furniture from after Bellamy scored against Feyenoord.

Is that the one where you shouted something along the lines of 'I know him off the internet' when my ugly dial graced the screen at one of our european aways? ;)

Snakey, I'm not sure how long it's been since you went to the one on your ava, but it's totally different now. Not that I ever gan in like, I just walk past it a lot.

To be honest, there's about 6 bars within 15 minutes walk of my house, and I never drink in any of them. When me and the lads were all too young, we made our way through them all gradually. As one started IDing people we'd move onto the next. As soon as most of us were old enough we never bothered with them any more, and havent much since.

Whitley Bay was experiencing a bit of a rebirth when I started drinking aswell, and it was so close we just went there all the time. Rarely ever go now like. It's fucking shite. If I had a 'local' it would probably be in the town.

The Broken Doll. RIP.

:(

Your description, Sir, is apt. :calmdown:

Barlow Mow was canny aye. Used to sit outside on the balcony bit when it was there. Also the Free Trade (was in there yesterday). Not so keen on the cottage like...

Aye, me neither.

Went in a few times but never really "got" it like the Doll or Barley Mow.

Meenzer I'm there 8 or 9 times a year. I stay in Lewisham just off Lee High Road on Belmont Hill when am there. I know the area like the back of me hand mate it's me second home. Me sis has lived in various places in Blackheath for about 16 years so it's my London manor. Where exactly do you stay? I was only in "The One Bar" a few weeks ago, and often pop in to Dylans. There's the best Indian take away ever in Lea by the way just along the road.

I know Lewisham Shopping Centre is ok as is the market, the people are ugly as fuck though, it's like being in Blyth.

I knew you knew your way around Blackheath and all, didn't realise it was quite that close to home though. I'm halfway up the hill from the big roundabout at the top of Lewisham, go up Loampit Vale to Lewisham Way and that's where I am basically. Know the One Bar pretty well, walk up Belmont Hill as part of my occasional Sunday constitutional :calmdown: via Blackheath then back through Greenwich Park and home. Small world like.