The Burra

East Stander

Best mate is an exiled Norwich fan and he asked me to tag along with him yesterday.

First time I've been to a burra match and not been worried of threats/attacks on that long walk to and from the town centre car parks.

Fair play to the Norwich fans (about 700) who sang most of the game, often that goddam awful dirge "On the ball city" but could I hell understand any of them talking to me! Just didn't feel right being in the away end of a ground and sitting down all game!

Was the 86th minute before a feeble "Cum on Burra" was aired, what a comatosed lot they are.

Cheeky buggers charged £26 a ticket. The Cellnetty is quickly catching up with the sos on the pink seats front too

Mowbray has a helluva job on his hands to even keep them up, one pass which went right under the right back's foot sent him into a Hodgson type face rub!!

Certainly looking forward to tomorrow night's match to help erase this from the memory!!

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Most pathetic club in English football. When they signed Ravanelli, Emerson and Juninho to me it was like Michael Carroll winning the lottery. Nobhead fans, shit area, a minor annoyance but too insignificant to hate. When all your town is known for is industrial smog desolation and paedophilia, you have to thank god you're not from there.

Most pathetic club in English football. When they signed Ravanelli, Emerson and Juninho to me it was like Michael Carroll winning the lottery. Nobhead fans, shit area, a minor annoyance but too insignificant to hate. When all your town is known for is industrial smog desolation and paedophilia, you have to thank god you're not from there.

Haha aye, and with pretty much the same outcome too.

Totally agree. First time for him in smogsville and laughed when he said "Now I understand what you've been on about it being such a wasteland" First time Norwich visitors were the same. Told them they should have a tour of South Bank for a real eye opener and be grateful Ayresome Park is no more!

This was the last time I had the pleasure of being at the Burra. (I'd first like to warn any younger viewers of the shit commentary by Tyne Tees Roger de Courcey with one hand up nookie Bears arse whilst the other was on the Microphone).

:(

:calmdown:

Part two here. (O'Brien raker alert!)

This was the last time I had the pleasure of being at the Burra. (I'd first like to warn any younger viewers of the shit commentary by Tyne Tees Roger de Courcey with one hand up nookie Bears arse whilst the other was on the Microphone).

What a great neet that was. My whole life all I'd known was defeats to Boro or draws, particularly away, don't think we had won there for aboot 40 year, so even though we were better than them I expected to lose. Was 0-0 at home in the first leg and we absolutely battered them, I've seen us win 5-0 and not play as well. It was such a lovely surprise to win 1-3, was one of them neets where I thought Newcastle REALLY are going places, felt the same again the next season when we beat Sheffield Wednesday 4-2. I'd give my right clem for those days again.

Was funny when we were at home on ITV which was every week it seemed then, every single game the entire ground would sing Roger Thames is a wanker is wanker, and he used to get totally flustered.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I saw Tames a couple of years ago and gave him a little stick about his love of Boro and Slaven but he fucked off asap.

He used to play Squash at Eldon Rec when we were playing football, I said areet Roger a few times and the prick ignored me every time apart from one tashy smile. I used to dwarf him, he's a tiny bloke.

Just watched a linked video (us vs. Hull 89/90) And a lad called Brazil scored. Who he? Any good?

His name was Gary Brazil, think we got him from Preston? No, he was nothing special, his name was Brazil but he was more Azerbaijan. Seen worse up front for us but he was mediocre really. I remember him scoring in another Boro game at Ayresome I was at when we were relegated, 1-1 it was.

Just watched a linked video (us vs. Hull 89/90) And a lad called Brazil scored. Who he? Any good?

His name was Gary Brazil, think we got him from Preston? No, he was nothing special, his name was Brazil but he was more Azerbaijan. Seen worse up front for us but he was mediocre really. I remember him scoring in another Boro game at Ayresome I was at when we were relegated, 1-1 it was.

Was it not Fulham? He was shite.

I lived with a SMoggie for a year and he was ginger as well, he had pulled the short straw in many respects in life. He used to talk about Middlesborough like Vietnam veterans talk about Saigon and the Vietcong, his face pale and sweating profusely like if you squeezed a wet sponge. He was always on about smackheads and gypsys and stuff, nightmarish visions. I've only been once when I was 7 on holiday and I kicked up such a fuss that we left early, I found it a very upsetting place. What a fucking hellhole.

I lived with a SMoggie for a year and he was ginger as well, he had pulled the short straw in many respects in life. He used to talk about Middlesborough like Vietnam veterans talk about Saigon and the Vietcong, his face pale and sweating profusely like if you squeezed a wet sponge. He was always on about smackheads and gypsys and stuff, nightmarish visions. I've only been once when I was 7 on holiday and I kicked up such a fuss that we left early, I found it a very upsetting place. What a fucking hellhole.

You went there on holiday?

I had no choice in the matter, was 7. I was very upset at being there and made it known that I would like to leave asap. Several bearded old men offered to comfort me, but in the end we ended up leaving early. It's a distant memory now but I just remember the place being absolutely repulsive.

You went there on holiday?

I had no choice in the matter, was 7. I was very upset at being there and made it known that I would like to leave asap. Several bearded old men offered to comfort me, but in the end we ended up leaving early. It's a distant memory now but I just remember the place being absolutely repulsive.

Holiday in Middlesborough :calmdown: Playas del Seal Sands, oh dear. Makes the "we're off to Birtley" advert seem like the Seychelles.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Middlesbrough Tourist Information Centre

Located on Albert Road in the Town Hall opposite Centre North East

Tourist Information: (01642) 729700

Box Office: (01642) 729729

Fax No: (01642) 729935

E-mail: tic@middlesbrough.gov.uk

Days Opening Times

Monday to Thursday 10.00am to 5.00pm

Friday 10.00am to 4.30pm

Saturday 9.00am to 1.30pm

I can't comprehend this. MIDDLESBROUGH TOURISM BOARD. 20% of coppers faced with the dole, and there's a tourism board in Middlesbrough, not only that one that's open 39 hours a week. Sick joke that like.

When I was 7 I went to Butlins in Filey, it was 1980, it pissed down the whole time, the place was flooded out, every ride had the theme from the Dambusters on it, snooker was dead popular and my dad was a canny player and wanted a game, but we had to queue round the block to get one poxy game, the pictures they had only had 'Earthquake' and 'Grease' on.

I thought that was fairly poor but at least it wasn't Middlesbrough, to be fair.

Edited by Howmanheyman