Spurs to bid 30mil for Carroll

Kevin

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin nice to see you posting article from thesun, the most reliable tabloid in the world...oops not! cock end.

ironic coming from you, you little inbred peice of cock juice.

Kevin nice to see you posting article from thesun, the most reliable tabloid in the world...oops not! cock end.

Get a grip man, we've been openly speculating about Carroll going to Spurs on this board ever since we found out about the injury, no surprise that at least one rag has decided to make a story out of it and no surprise that someone on this board would post it.

It's always amused me how the Sun, supposedly England's 'most-read' rag, I mean paper, have absolutely no idea how to use the word 'toon.' It's always "Toon want this" or "Toon will demand at least 30 million", and I'm not talking about headlines or even sub-headers.

Sell him.

Christ, 30 mil? No brainer.

BBC Sports is saying:

Tottenham will attempt to persuade Newcastle United to sell their young striker Andy Carroll by offering forward Robbie Keane, winger David Bentley and midfielder Niko Kranjcar or a straight cash offer of around £22m.

Full story: caughtoffside

Good luck getting Mike to pay the wages of those three! If he sells it will be for fat amount of cash.

Precisely, it'll be cold, hard cash that does it ... with much of it not used to fund other transfers, but rather to take us closer to where Ashley wants us to be financially.

obviously none of us want to see carroll go but if they give us keane, bentley and kranjcar plus a bit of cash maybe then you have to admit it's tempting. i'd rather that than a straight cash offer, which probably wouldn't all be reinvested.

obviously none of us want to see carroll go but if they give us keane, bentley and kranjcar plus a bit of cash maybe then you have to admit it's tempting. i'd rather that than a straight cash offer, which probably wouldn't all be reinvested.

I would too but this is more than just the sale of a player, its a statement of intent (or rather confirmation of lack of it). The fact we're willing to sell our most valuable home grown talent at the first sign of a big offer shows we have no ambition at all. As LM has said many a time, if people are happy to become a Wigan, expecting nothing more than a relegation battle season after season and living for the chance of a giant killing once in a while (we may also have to revise our classification of "giant" to achieve that) then good for them, its not what I got life membership for.

If we do sell though then please let it be in the Summer after CT has bought his ST on the back of the "most exciting team since the entertainers" shite.

Have we seen him play his last game in black and white? I hope not. If Spurs were to offer £30m for him I've no doubt whatsoever that he'd sell and feed us the line 'too good to turn down'. I thoroughly believe Carroll is worth more than 30m to us over his career if we can keep him for good.

Some may say he's only performed for half a season in the premiership and should cash in, but this kid's only going to get better.

It'll be a real show of intent if he accepts.

Keane? Might be a good foil for Carroll but I'm not that convinced by him any more. Past his best.

Bentley, the bloke we want to put crosses in for Carroll.

Shite deal imo. If you are serious about building a team and developing young players, you dont ship one out at the first opportunity of a decent one coming along. That is, unless that is your intention. To harvest good young players and move them on for profit and the detriment of the club. :calmdown:

I would too but this is more than just the sale of a player, its a statement of intent (or rather confirmation of lack of it). The fact we're willing to sell our most valuable home grown talent at the first sign of a big offer shows we have no ambition at all. As LM has said many a time, if people are happy to become a Wigan, expecting nothing more than a relegation battle season after season and living for the chance of a giant killing once in a while (we may also have to revise our classification of "giant" to achieve that) then good for them, its not what I got life membership for.

If we do sell though then please let it be in the Summer after CT has bought his ST on the back of the "most exciting team since the entertainers" shite.

My thoughts exactly. Selling your prize asset as soon as someone comes knocking would speak volumes about the clubs real intention and ambition.

Firstly, I doubt Spuds have offered £30m for him. I don't think they ever would either.

Secondly, a swap for the three mentioned players is a non-starter due to their wages.

Carroll will still be at NUFC in Feb imo.

Keane? Might be a good foil for Carroll but I'm not that convinced by him any more. Past his best.

Bentley, the bloke we want to put crosses in for Carroll.

Shite deal imo. If you are serious about building a team and developing young players, you dont ship one out at the first opportunity of a decent one coming along. That is, unless that is your intention. To harvest good young players and move them on for profit and the detriment of the club. :calmdown:

Isn't that precisely what our stated "policy" is?

Buying/developing young talent with a good resale value.

If he does move on , I guarantee Llamearse will come out with it saying, " It's all part of our stated 5 year plan on the Arsenal/ Barca/ Blyth Spartans model"

Firstly, I doubt Spuds have offered £30m for him. I don't think they ever would either.

Secondly, a swap for the three mentioned players is a non-starter due to their wages.

Carroll will still be at NUFC in Feb imo.

If, and it is a big if, Carroll is not going to be sold, all it needs is Llambias to make a 10 second statement personally on Sky or whatever to say there will be no sale. However, since the cowardly git wouldn't even face up at Pardew's initial conference, this speculation will grow and grow. Going to be a long month again.

If, and it is a big if, Carroll is not going to be sold, all it needs is Llambias to make a 10 second statement personally on Sky or whatever to say there will be no sale. However, since the cowardly git wouldn't even face up at Pardew's initial conference, this speculation will grow and grow. Going to be a long month again.

They're still under a media blackout, mate. No statements will be made, apparantly.