Spurs to bid 30mil for Carroll

Kevin

If, and it is a big if, Carroll is not going to be sold, all it needs is Llambias to make a 10 second statement personally on Sky or whatever to say there will be no sale. However, since the cowardly git wouldn't even face up at Pardew's initial conference, this speculation will grow and grow. Going to be a long month again.

They're still under a media blackout, mate. No statements will be made, apparantly.

Apart from the statements where they back Hughton. I'm expecting another one any day now.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't read an article which contained so much bollocks about Newcastle for a good while now. :calmdown:

It's good they've got in early and started the new year with a solid footing though.

Firstly, I doubt Spuds have offered £30m for him. I don't think they ever would either.

Secondly, a swap for the three mentioned players is a non-starter due to their wages.

Carroll will still be at NUFC in Feb imo.

This

Firstly, I doubt Spuds have offered £30m for him. I don't think they ever would either.

Secondly, a swap for the three mentioned players is a non-starter due to their wages.

Carroll will still be at NUFC in Feb imo.

This

The only reason I expect this to come true is because no-one has put a reasonable bid in for him.

I think people are mis-stating the club policy, which is to unearth young talent that can be sold at a profit if they do not make the grade at NUFC.

Nice try btw.

I think people are mis-stating the club policy, which is to unearth young talent that can be sold at a profit if they do not make the grade at NUFC.

Like Xisco?

We can only sell these players that don't make the grade, if other clubs want them. Xisco is the exception rather than the rule because he was probably meant to be the finished product when we bought him, rather than a youngster to be groomed ready for the first team in a couple of years.

Sell him.

Christ, 30 mil? No brainer.

BBC Sports is saying:

Tottenham will attempt to persuade Newcastle United to sell their young striker Andy Carroll by offering forward Robbie Keane, winger David Bentley and midfielder Niko Kranjcar or a straight cash offer of around £22m.

Full story: caughtoffside

That would be worth thinking about. Although we would still need another striker obviously

Sell him.

Christ, 30 mil? No brainer.

BBC Sports is saying:

Tottenham will attempt to persuade Newcastle United to sell their young striker Andy Carroll by offering forward Robbie Keane, winger David Bentley and midfielder Niko Kranjcar or a straight cash offer of around £22m.

Full story: caughtoffside

That would be worth thinking about. Although we would still need another striker obviously

... but we've got Shola :calmdown:

Tottenham are looking to bid £20m but it is understood Toon will demand at least £30m.

key phrase there for anyone who can't be arsed to read that horse shit. along with a complete lack of any quotes, or even a quotes.gifclub insiderquotes.gif

congrats on being even more misleading with post title than this nothing article! :calmdown:

Tottenham are looking to bid £20m but it is understood Toon will demand at least £30m.

key phrase there for anyone who can't be arsed to read that horse shit. along with a complete lack of any quotes, or even a quotes.gifclub insiderquotes.gif

congrats on being even more misleading with post title than this nothing article! :calmdown:

Doesnt Harry just tell the press these things anyway. "No quotes though boys, I just want to unsettle him"

obviously none of us want to see carroll go but if they give us keane, bentley and kranjcar plus a bit of cash maybe then you have to admit it's tempting. i'd rather that than a straight cash offer, which probably wouldn't all be reinvested.

not tempting at all. keanes past it, bentleys a cock end and kranjcar probably woudn't fit into our current system of play.

if Carroll can get offers for £20m to £25m then his agent knows* that he can get his wages trebled.

That’ll be the testing of the clubs ambition, as they’ll have to pay him what he’s worth — new contract just been signed or not. Maybe not this transfer window, but if he continues his recent form, not too far off.

*Spurs (or anyone else) would have contacted his agent as the first point of call.

Time for Ashley to put his money where his mouth is and back HIS policy of developing young players, I think if we hang onto him this window and moreso in the summer then he deserves some credit as there is no doubt there will be big money banded about

I don't think Carroll would want to leave anyway - well not for Spurs whom he probably hates.

Also signings like Ben Arfa will give Carroll motivation to stay - we just need to keep going in the right direction.

To be honest I don't believe any of it is true, no bid, no refusal just Sky flinching in case the Sun know something they don't.

obviously none of us want to see carroll go but if they give us keane, bentley and kranjcar plus a bit of cash maybe then you have to admit it's tempting. i'd rather that than a straight cash offer, which probably wouldn't all be reinvested.

not tempting at all. keanes past it, bentleys a cock end and kranjcar probably woudn't fit into our current system of play.

:calmdown: I agree like.