Spurs to bid 30mil for Carroll

Kevin

chomp.

and how old are you again ? Why not add something constructive ? Maybe your mate will help you. Then again, maybe not.

Well make your mind up at least.

make your mind up how old you are, and how old you want to act, you idiotic fool.

*burp*

:huff:

Oh Samuel, you are a japester

do you have a pet name for him too, like Gemmill :nufc:

What's up Petal, do you want one too?

Magoo ?

oh Samuel :) do you need my support Samuel :nufc:

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if Carroll can get offers for £20m to £25m then his agent knows* that he can get his wages trebled.

That’ll be the testing of the clubs ambition, as they’ll have to pay him what he’s worth — new contract just been signed or not. Maybe not this transfer window, but if he continues his recent form, not too far off.

*Spurs (or anyone else) would have contacted his agent as the first point of call.

if Carroll can get offers for £20m to £25m then his agent knows* that he can get his wages trebled.

That’ll be the testing of the clubs ambition, as they’ll have to pay him what he’s worth — new contract just been signed or not. Maybe not this transfer window, but if he continues his recent form, not too far off.

*Spurs (or anyone else) would have contacted his agent as the first point of call.

And this is where the model we are running falls down and although Im the first to slag off the things Ashley does even I acknowledge it makes good financial sense to run a club with a defined financial structure. However once a player is wanted by another club who can offer the chance of playing at the highest level and increase your England prospects then their head is rightly turned. That club will offer much higher wages than we can and the only chance you have of holding onto the player is exceed their offer and show some ambition. The players agent wil push both clubs to squeeze as much as possible out of them, thats what they are there to do and players loyalty doesnt come into it.

If you stick to a rigid pay scale then you cant hold your best players, if you deviate from that scale to a great extent then the foundations of the plan crumble. If all the team are restricted to a maximum of say £50k p/w and then we hold onto Carroll by paying him £100k then pretty soon the likes of Barfa, Barton etc will come knocking looking for increased contracts, after all its them that provide the balls that get Carroll the goals.

If a club has no major plan to get into the upper reaches of the Premiership and compete at the top level then they cannot expect to hold onto their really talented players. Faced with the option of trebling Carrolls wages (and then having the knock on effect to other players) or selling him and getting in £20m then I know which one MA will opt for and if Im being totally honest I cant blame him, what I cant stomach though is the belief that this is the general aim of the club overall. Take in young talent while its still a gamble as to how good they'll be, develop them and sell on for a profit to a club who'll link them with players of the same quality and use them to gain Champions League status.

Where I differ with MA is in the model itself, becoming a feeder club to increase the profitability of the club is not the model I want us to have and I will argue til Im blue in the face that a change of direction coupled with proper running of the club would increase the profitability way more than this method.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

"I can't state strongly enough that Carroll won't be sold in this window."

What about the other windows then????? He's not the brightest AP like, he definitely needs a PR man to help him out before he comes out with other comments involving rape and the like.

i can't help but wonder if in years to come we all look back and laugh at the time when carroll might have been sold for £30m. i hope we don't sell him and i hope he goes on to fulfil his potential but you have to admit that's a lot of money for an unproven 21 year old. i doubt whether an offer like that was ever on the table. it was ashley would surely have teken it - it was probably tabloid speculation but it would have been a pretty good bit of business.

i can't help but wonder if in years to come we all look back and laugh at the time when carroll might have been sold for £30m. i hope we don't sell him and i hope he goes on to fulfil his potential but you have to admit that's a lot of money for an unproven 21 year old. i doubt whether an offer like that was ever on the table. it was ashley would surely have teken it - it was probably tabloid speculation but it would have been a pretty good bit of business.

In much the same way we regret not selling Dyer to Man Utd for £20m? In the end, we still absolutely mugged West Ham with him though.

And this is where the model we are running falls down and although Im the first to slag off the things Ashley does even I acknowledge it makes good financial sense to run a club with a defined financial structure. However once a player is wanted by another club who can offer the chance of playing at the highest level and increase your England prospects then their head is rightly turned. That club will offer much higher wages than we can and the only chance you have of holding onto the player is exceed their offer and show some ambition. The players agent wil push both clubs to squeeze as much as possible out of them, thats what they are there to do and players loyalty doesnt come into it.

If you stick to a rigid pay scale then you cant hold your best players, if you deviate from that scale to a great extent then the foundations of the plan crumble. If all the team are restricted to a maximum of say £50k p/w and then we hold onto Carroll by paying him £100k then pretty soon the likes of Barfa, Barton etc will come knocking looking for increased contracts, after all its them that provide the balls that get Carroll the goals.

If a club has no major plan to get into the upper reaches of the Premiership and compete at the top level then they cannot expect to hold onto their really talented players. Faced with the option of trebling Carrolls wages (and then having the knock on effect to other players) or selling him and getting in £20m then I know which one MA will opt for and if Im being totally honest I cant blame him, what I cant stomach though is the belief that this is the general aim of the club overall. Take in young talent while its still a gamble as to how good they'll be, develop them and sell on for a profit to a club who'll link them with players of the same quality and use them to gain Champions League status.

Where I differ with MA is in the model itself, becoming a feeder club to increase the profitability of the club is not the model I want us to have and I will argue til Im blue in the face that a change of direction coupled with proper running of the club would increase the profitability way more than this method.

precisely.

maybe, thats a chance you take, but if you want to challenge the other top teams, you must have players that they themselves want and sometimes that means buying players they want before they do too.

precisely.

Which method are you two referring to? The club is not being run by the same methods this season compared to last season. Last season was different to the season before. I dont see any method which is consistent across the last 3 seasons.

There is an offer of a 100 quid bet for charity on the table for anyone who wants to claim Carroll will be sold this window. :huff:

precisely.

Which method are you two referring to? The club is not being run by the same methods this season compared to last season. Last season was different to the season before. I dont see any method which is consistent across the last 3 seasons.

There is an offer of a 100 quid bet for charity on the table for anyone who wants to claim Carroll will be sold this window. :huff:

I would take the bet however theres too many factors. My logic on it is that if a bid of £20m was to come in for Carroll then Ashley would accept it. Trouble with betting on that is I lose should no bid come in, Carroll breaks his leg, the club is sold, Redknapp has a heart attack etc etc

precisely.

as PP says, short term is unpredictable, but the effects of the long term are different altogether. If we don't build and aim to go higher, more than Carroll will eventually leave ie Tiote, Ben Arfa, Enrique will realise they would be more likely to play in europe and win trophies somewhere else.

Yet I again I have to point out that the common misconception of the policy of picking up players while young and then developing them and selling at a profit, only applies to those young players that don't quite develop as hoped and therefore don't make the grade at NUFC, but perhaps will in the Championship or at lower EPL teams where they can be sold at a profit.

I have no doubt this misconception is being deliberatly perpetuated by some fans who simply want a stick with which to beat Ashley over the head.

The whole concept is so we can unearth stars of the future like Carroll and not have to pay £20m to £30m to buy them, so why on earth would we sell him?

Yet I again I have to point out that the common misconception of the policy of picking up players while young and then developing them and selling at a profit, only applies to those young players that don't quite develop as hoped and therefore don't make the grade at NUFC, but perhaps will in the Championship or at lower EPL teams where they can be sold at a profit.

I have no doubt this misconception is being deliberatly perpetuated by some fans who simply want a stick with which to beat Ashley over the head.

The whole concept is so we can unearth stars of the future like Carroll and not have to pay £20m to £30m to buy them, so why on earth would we sell him?

That may be your perception however it doesnt fit in with the statements made previously by the club.

As Ive said earlier you cant impose a tight wage cap and expect to hold onto players that other clubs are valuing at £20m. That is why we would sell him.

That may be your perception however it doesnt fit in with the statements made previously by the club.

As Ive said earlier you cant impose a tight wage cap and expect to hold onto players that other clubs are valuing at £20m. That is why we would sell him.

Should that not be that it does not fit with your perception of statements made previously by the club?

Should that not be that it does not fit with your perception of statements made previously by the club?

Well you're going on your perception of statements made by the club. In fairness to PP, there's more evidence to be a non believer than a sympathiser like yourself.

Well you're going on your perception of statements made by the club. In fairness to PP, there's more evidence to be a non believer than a sympathiser like yourself.

:huff:

Well, that is a good policy, but it doesn't appear to be the policy adopted by NUFC. And it also isn't new, so why attempt to make it look like it is ?

Anyway, if you seriously think he will keep any top quality player we find, you're in for a shock. Too many have left for better clubs already since he came in. Some of them wanted to go, but that is the essence of the problem, they want to leave because they know the club is going nowhere and see it as a career move as well as money.

Players are happy to sign for us ie Tiotte, Enrique etc, because they have seen us playing in europe, they have seen the likes of Alan Shearer, Kevin Keegan, David Ginola etc lots of big name well known footballers associated with the club, they see the stadium, they talk to other players as mentioned above, they see the premiership, they see the money. But when they get here, if things aren't what they thought they would find, they become frustrated and realise other clubs can and will offer them european football, the hope if not even the certainty of winning things, and who can blame them for going.

Forget what Carroll says now, give him a few years in the England camp and when the penny drops as above.

I'm not going to get into a argument over this because it is patently obvious I am right, some of you clearly subscribe to the chinese whispers interpretation of club statements, so believe what you like pal ok!

precisely.

as PP says, short term is unpredictable, but the effects of the long term are different altogether. If we don't build and aim to go higher, more than Carroll will eventually leave ie Tiote, Ben Arfa, Enrique will realise they would be more likely to play in europe and win trophies somewhere else.

Your so fucking negative at times.

We are building! That's why we have the likes of Tiote and Ben Arfa. That's why we are not selling Carrol. That's why we are not selling Enrique .

That's why we have some very good young prospects in the reserves, bought because of Ashleys policy.

That's why we are 8th in the league

That's why we have a team that is looking better and better.

That's why we are higher in the league than when Ashley bought us.

You numpty.