Sunderland 1-1 Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

---Harper---

Simpson---Willo---Collo---Enrique

---Barton---Gosling---Nolan---Jonas

Strola---Lovenkrands

???

nah

more likely to play one up top, 5 in midfield.

he's hardly going to throw gosling into a derby away for his debut after a long injury is he?

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

------------------Harper

---Simpson - Collo - Willo - Enrique

Routledge - Barton - Nolan - Jonas

---------------Goala - Best

4411 would be better, with Nolan playing off Shola, but that would mean either Gosling (unknown quantity), Guthrie (shite) or Smith (shite and likely to get sent off) playing.

If we go 4411 I think we'll come unstuck. For better or worse we need to attack, attack, attack attack attack!

Harper

Simpson Wialliamson Collochini Enrique

Routledge Barton Gosling Jonas

Nolan Ameobi

Fair enough its a risk with Gosling but its a risk worth taking imo. Lets get the game won and then take him off and shore up the middle.

Second choice if Gosling doesnt start would be Nolan into midfield with Barton and Best upfront with Shola.

Regardless Im hoping for the usual mackem bottle job.

The Mackem Destroyer and Best will start up front I reckon, Pardew won't drop Best after scoring 3 against WHU. Midfield is our problem, Jonas has been shit, Tiote missing, Routledge can't pass piss and looks like smith might get a game. Still reckon we'll take something, paranoia will get the better of them.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Nolan: 'We Can Be Heroes'

Newcastle celebrate taking the lead against Sunderland

By Dan King

Captain Kevin Nolan has issued a rallying cry to his troops on the eve of Sunday's derby clash at Sunderland, and has challenged his team-mates to be "heroes" at the Stadium of Light.

Nolan was the star of October's 5-1 win at St. James' Park, with a hat-trick that has gone down in Tyneside folklore, but he insists the whole team can etch themselves into the hearts of the United faithful.

"We played so well on that day in October and I think if we can march the attitude, the commitment and the desire that we showed then, we can definitely come away with a positive result," Nolan told nufc.co.uk.

"All the onus is on Sunderland. They're the ones who have shouted about it since that day, they're the ones who have said they want revenge and things like that, but it's up to us to go out there, be professional and do what we've done in the last few league games. If we do that I'm sure we'll come up trumps."

Last time around, Newcastle made their mark early on, steaming into tackles from the first whistle to set the tone for the rest of the game, and Nolan is demanding the same on Sunday.

"Everything has to be done in the right way," he said. "We won't get carried away by the occasion - we know it's a fantastic occasion and we're all very priveledged to be playing in this game but we've got to make sure we don't get carried away by it and we do the job professionally.

"Everyone in that dressing room knows it'll be a team effort. There's not just one individual who carries this team. There's a real team ethic here; we all win together, we all lose together, we all do well together and we all do badly together at times.

"We've got to make sure that we keep working together. If we do, hopefully we'll all be 11 heroes on Sunday to the Toon faithful, who I'm sure will be there in their numbers and will hopefully be cheering another win."

:lol:

The players are more confident than us, and that's a good thing. Let's stuff these inconsequential genetic fuck ups, lets all have a good day and remember it's just a game...

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Can't face a beer just yet like, I knew a 9 o'clock start was optimistic, let's just hope the OB don't work themselves with us. I'll be honest am like a kid at christmas. Cattermole and Wellbeck are out for them two players who were instrumental in the mackems astonishing results against the big three plus Man City and Spurs.

I will make Shola one pledge, he can be as lazy as he likes for the rest of his career, if he just gives us one more match winning performance against Sunderland today.

I've got a feeling I'll be stood next to Renton today for some reason. There's only me, Renton and smoggeordie going off here which is surprising.

Shola if you're reading, we love you :lol:

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I reckon more pressure is on them like. We've already won .. not just any old win either, we ripped the fuckers apart at our place despite their usually lippy selves before hand. It's at their place and old bagpuss will have tried to get them whipped up into a frenzy. It's like a scene from Planet of the Apes and we play the role of Charlton Heston.

Agree that the pressure is on them. Problem is this is a good chance for them to beat us depending on who we put out. Fair chance they will bottle it I reckon.