Writing on the wall

Howaythetoon

The warming up and stretching properly could definitely be a part of it. It's a total joke how unprofessional we are in this respect prior to a game. You only need to get to the ground 20 minutes early to see it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The warming up and stretching properly could definitely be a part of it.  It's a total joke how unprofessional we are in this respect prior to a game.  You only need to get to the ground 20 minutes early to see it.

65231[/snapback]

What I also always wonder about is what is with the substitutes. Here in Jormany they always start warming up at the beginning of the second half. At most teams in England you always just see the manager turning around and order the player to unzip his cloak and jump on the field few seconds later.

I remember going back to the 80s when I used to stand in the west paddock, Willie McFaul was the manager at the time and he used to send the subs out down the touchline every 20 mins for 10 mins warming up regardless of whether he was about to make a change or not.

The warming up and stretching properly could definitely be a part of it.  It's a total joke how unprofessional we are in this respect prior to a game.  You only need to get to the ground 20 minutes early to see it.

65231[/snapback]

What I also always wonder about is what is with the substitutes. Here in Jormany they always start warming up at the beginning of the second half. At most teams in England you always just see the manager turning around and order the player to unzip his cloak and jump on the field few seconds later.

65232[/snapback]

"Coming on for Newcastle United......Count Draaaaaacuuuuula". :icon_lol:

I remember going back to the 80s when I used to stand in the west paddock, Willie McFaul was the manager at the time and he used to send the subs out down the touchline every 20 mins for 10 mins warming up regardless of whether he was about to make a change or not.

65233[/snapback]

Aye, but he got sacked and we got relegated. :icon_lol:

65233[/snapback]

Soopafan alert! :icon_lol:

65233[/snapback]

Aye, but he got sacked and we got relegated. :icon_lol:

65254[/snapback]

I wasn't in the paddocks that season! Was actually referring to 1987/88 B)

My Dad moved us into the family enclosure for the relegation season :)

65233[/snapback]

Soopafan alert! B)

65257[/snapback]

Not anymore apparently :icon_lol:

:)

65233[/snapback]

Aye, but he got sacked and we got relegated. B)

65254[/snapback]

I wasn't in the paddocks that season! Was actually referring to 1987/88 :)

65259[/snapback]

I was just saying, he wasn't the best example really seeing as he got sacked and we got relegated. :icon_lol:

65233[/snapback]

Aye, but he got sacked and we got relegated. :)

65254[/snapback]

I wasn't in the paddocks that season! Was actually referring to 1987/88 :)

65259[/snapback]

I was just saying, he wasn't the best example really seeing as he got sacked and we got relegated. :icon_lol:

65261[/snapback]

But he wasn't in the paddocks that season, silly!

B)

Well to be fair, McFaul didn't get us relegated! B)

He did get sacked though, a couple of days after we beat Liverpool at Anfield IIRC! :icon_lol:

I never did understand McKeag's logic...

He did get sacked though, a couple of days after we beat Liverpool at Anfield IIRC! :icon_lol:

65267[/snapback]

He never said McFaul got us relegated :) x :)

Well to be fair, McFaul didn't get us relegated! :)

65267[/snapback]

He never said McFaul got us relegated :) x :)

65269[/snapback]

Kisses with tongues? B)

65267[/snapback]

What's more, you were in the family enclosure at that point anyway! Why won't he listen to you?

Oh, well that changes everything.  :icon_lol:

65264[/snapback]

We went down under Jim Smith anyway tbh. Though Craig might have been in the Leazes by then, which changes everything. B)

65272[/snapback]

'Too late' came the cry (from Craig, by now in the East Stand)

65233[/snapback]

McFly-ist!

65233[/snapback]

McFly-ist!

65278[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

That accounts for the shell suit in his photo. He's discovered a time portal back to the late 80's and he visits it on a regular basis, dressed in clothes of the period.

You dont get more soopafan than that......travelling to games from nigh on 20 years ago, knowing we're going to get relegated! B)

Jesus wept! I never said McFaul got us relegated, I said he got sacked THEN we got relegated the SAME SEASON. I was trying to show that McFauls methods were...tell you what, never fuckin mind you pedantic twats. Anyway, I was in the Milburn paddock and saw fuck all, if you think I'm little now you should have seen me then. Fucking soopafans man! :icon_lol: