Stevenage v Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

I'd put out our best team minus anyone with injury issues... and Tiote even if he's not injured because don't want him picking up another yellow. Krul in goals.

Krul

Simpson Colo Willo Enrique

Routledge Barton Nolan Jonas

Best Lovenkrands

Subs: Soderberg, Guthrie, Kadar, Vuckic, Perch, Xisco, Ranger

I think we'll see Perch and Guthrie start, possibly Ranger too. Definitely Routledge.

Ahem :icon_lol:

what?

I think he's wrong too. :icon_lol:

When your reserves can do the job at no risk to your key players, why risk them. It literally makes no rational sense.

Maybe you can explain it to me? Explain the virtue of risking key players when we've got the derby approaching, then Tottenham and Arsenal visiting in the next 3 games? Surely this is a misallocation of valuable resources?

Ive already explained it toy you in one sentence. :icon_lol:

Why clog up another thread where several posters will say "madness, concentrate on the league", and the other side will say "fuck that, best team to win the cup".

Seems pointless as neither side will convince the other.

With regard to your how crap a team can do the job? Mny have tried and come unstuck. I will go as far as to agree with I think oz, that any players with niggles, shouldnt be risked.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd put out our best team minus anyone with injury issues... and Tiote even if he's not injured because don't want him picking up another yellow. Krul in goals.

Krul

Best Lovenkrands

I think we'll see Perch and Guthrie start, possibly Ranger too. Definitely Routledge.

What are you on about?

You've left someone out :icon_lol:

Krul

Best Lovenkrands

what?

I think he's wrong too. :icon_lol:

When your reserves can do the job at no risk to your key players, why risk them. It literally makes no rational sense.

Maybe you can explain it to me? Explain the virtue of risking key players when we've got the derby approaching, then Tottenham and Arsenal visiting in the next 3 games? Surely this is a misallocation of valuable resources?

I get where you're coming from, and I've been of the same opinion myself previously when there is a quicker turn around of games. We don't have a big squad granted, but there's some merit in keeping some consistency in our side. Noone with an inkling of an injury, or in yellow card trouble should be played, but they're professional footballers not flowers, they shouldn't be afraid to play.

I don't mind if we give the young guys a chance as well, but I think we should try to keep a core of experience.

Ok, You're a general, you've got these awesome SAS Ninja Commandos, theres an incursion by some ill-disciplined but gutsy natives with spears and shields... do you a ) send in your crack troops needlessly putting them in harms way, or b ) send in your reservists who are still more than capable of lobbing enough ordinance to massacre the cheeky little tribe?

Or © send a combination of reservists and hardened crack troops to ensure the natives don't get the better of your lesser experienced men by drawing them into their own warfare techniques in their own territory...

I see your point, but even without Barton et al we should be able to defeat Stevenage. Seriously, if BArton got injured against them you'd curse til the sky turned black, moreso if (in losing him to injury) we failed to pick up points in our next 4 games. If we stumble through 1-0 with a bobbling dribbling shinning off Ranger's arse, isn't that good enough? We don't have to spank this team, we just have to beat them, so why not put out the weakest side that is definitely capable of that?

We're not the lightweight guileful team that struggled against physical teams in previous seasons. We're a big strong disciplined outfit. I'd fancy us to take most of what they throw at us in our stride. Players like Routledge and Best/Lovenkrands might not be good enough to be a starting option in the Premierleague, but they're certainly good enough to put Stevenage to the sword.

Ok, You're a general, you've got these awesome SAS Ninja Commandos, theres an incursion by some ill-disciplined but gutsy natives with spears and shields... do you a ) send in your crack troops needlessly putting them in harms way, or b ) send in your reservists who are still more than capable of lobbing enough ordinance to massacre the cheeky little tribe?

Or © send a combination of reservists and hardened crack troops to ensure the natives don't get the better of your lesser experienced men by drawing them into their own warfare techniques in their own territory...

I see your point, but even without Barton et al we should be able to defeat Stevenage. Seriously, if BArton got injured against them you'd curse til the sky turned black, moreso if (in losing him to injury) we failed to pick up points in our next 4 games. If we stumble through 1-0 with a bobbling dribbling shinning off Ranger's arse, isn't that good enough? We don't have to spank this team, we just have to beat them, so why not put out the weakest side that is definitely capable of that?

We're not the lightweight guileful team that struggled against physical teams in previous seasons. We're a big strong disciplined outfit. I'd fancy us to take most of what they throw at us in our stride. Players like Routledge and Best/Lovenkrands might not be good enough to be a starting option in the Premierleague, but they're certainly good enough to put Stevenage to the sword.

View from their camp

Go on then... which team would you put out on Saturday?

Go all out attack for a comfortable win or sit back, hit them on the break and sneak a 1-0?

Personally, after discussions this morning with Worrier, I'd have:

Day

Henry - Roberts - Ashton - Laird

Wilson - Bostwick - Mousinho - Long

Beardsley - Griffin

Alternatively, I'd have that line up but dropping Griffin to the bench and put Sinclair in the hole behind Beardsley.

:icon_lol:

http://www.borochat.co.uk/sbfc.mpl?action=...mp;thread=51713

View from their camp

Go on then... which team would you put out on Saturday?

Go all out attack for a comfortable win or sit back, hit them on the break and sneak a 1-0?

Personally, after discussions this morning with Worrier, I'd have:

Day

Henry - Roberts - Ashton - Laird

Wilson - Bostwick - Mousinho - Long

Beardsley - Griffin

Alternatively, I'd have that line up but dropping Griffin to the bench and put Sinclair in the hole behind Beardsley.

:icon_lol:

http://www.borochat.co.uk/sbfc.mpl?action=...mp;thread=51713

I don't see your point? unless you mean that they have gobshite know-nothing fans like you as well?

If they honestly believe that they've a choice between "a comfortable win" and "sneak"ing a 1-0, they're a clueless as you are.

The only way they'll get a result is if they pack the midfield and defence and score from set-pieces. We're 72 positions higher than them in the league. Our reserves can and will beat them. If this fan you've quoted wants to I'll happily put £20 on it and give him odds. :icon_lol: "Comfortable win" Christ on a bike, I know I sound arrogant, but how delusional is that kid? "comfortable win"?

I think they're saying that's the two ways they could possibly win, ie. playing their won game and trying to win doing that, or alternately getting behind the ball and trying to win with a counter attack goal against the run of play.

Don't think they would be thinking they've got a good chance to win.

JONAS GUTIERREZ has joined Newcastle United’s long list of absentees ahead of tomorrow’s FA Cup third-round clash with Stevenage.

The tie has been eagerly anticipated by the Broadhall Way side and their fans.

But, unlike the controversy in the build-up to the last time United clashed with the Hertfordshire outfit, Newcastle have not engaged in any tit-for- tat trash talk.

And that is despite Stevenage boss Graham Westley trying to get a rise out of the Magpies with a cheap shot claiming he was determined to “put a wrong, right” after the former Conference side’s exit in 1998.

Instead, Westley has been left to puzzle over what team Alan Pardew will be putting out, and all Stevenage’s homework on United could count for nothing.

Defender Mike Williamson, youngster Shane Ferguson and Nile Ranger could all get a piece of the action.

And while Pardew was toying with the idea of giving Dan Gosling his United debut, he will make a last-minute call.

Leon Best is also facing a fitness test on a heel injury, with Shola Ameobi (hamstring) and Andy Carroll (thigh) out and currently on a winter sunshine break.

Pardew did not rule out Cheik Tiote, but the Ivory Coast ace is unlikely to be risked with the Tyne-Wear derby just nine days away.

Jonas took a whack on the leg against West Ham early in the game, and Pardew told the Chronicle today: “Jonas is a little bit worse than we thought and is definitely out and Steven Taylor, who has a hamstring, will be out as well.

“Shola Ameobi will also miss out and Leon Best will also have a fitness test.

“Mike Williamson did very well before I came to the club.

“But he has an opportunity under myself and it is a great one for him.”

And Danny Guthrie is also set to get a chance to shine under Pardew against the FA Cup minnows.

He said: “The players that have served us well will be in the squad.

“Danny Guthrie will get a chance and Dan Gosling may get a piece of action, but he hasn’t played a reserve game yet so I will see – it is early days for him.

“He is progressing well and I am so pleased for him.

“He will be like a new signing for us in a couple of weeks.

“Outside of that it will be about the squad, and Fergie (Shane Ferguson) is the youngster in it.”

Could be an interesting game if Gosling and Ferguson get a run out. Wont feel that confident though if we are relying on Ranger to Score.

Personally id go with...

---Krul---

---Perch---Willo---Kadar---Tavernier---

---Routledge---Vuckic---Guthrie---Ferguson---

----Best---Lovenkrands---

That team is more than capable of beating Stevenage Fuckin Borough.

Edited by Tioté's Nutz

I hope we hammer them personally. A proper rape. 6, 7 or maybe even 8 nil would make me very happy. Scummy, publicity seeking wankers that they are.

Personally id go with...

---Krul---

He's on loan at Gateshead.

I hope we hammer them personally. A proper rape. 6, 7 or maybe even 8 nil would make me very happy. Scummy, publicity seeking wankers that they are.

Personally id go with...

---Krul---

Thats a sign the lad isnt going to make it.

Personally id go with...

---Krul---

You mean in the same way Harper never made it despite going on loan to Gateshead. :wank:

Watching a blooper thing on ESPN classic where shearer elbowed a stevenage fan in the face because he kept jumping infront of him for the camera. :wank:

Hope we do these properly this time. Hated the shit they gave us last time.

Personally id go with...

---Krul---

You mean in the same way Harper never made it despite going on loan to Gateshead. :wank:

There is always one exception to the rule ! ;)

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Watching a blooper thing on ESPN classic where shearer elbowed a stevenage fan in the face because he kept jumping infront of him for the camera. :wank:

I'd love us to get to Wembley like but not at the expense of our Premiership place. We need a bigger squad. Seeing the toon at new Wembley would be mint. Every season ticket holder would get one this time to ;)

I'd love us to get to Wembley like but not at the expense of our Premiership place. We need a bigger squad. Seeing the toon at new Wembley would be mint. Every season ticket holder would get one this time to ;)

Oh, I agree tbh. But still want to put these bastards in their place. Always felt there was unfinished business with them.

dont think it has to be one or the other and think we are safe now regardless of a cup run.

As for seeing the toon at Wembley being mint, a word of warning.

Ive been three times and each time I went it was with "big lads" who can drink. Leicesr square is a mecca for early morning pre match drinking and I usually start to lose all vision minutes before kick off.

I would highly reccomend to anyone going in may, save the drinking for the Trafalguar square post match celebrations.

we aren't safe until we are on around 40 points. after that we can consider climbing up the league.

as for this lot they are defensively ok against conference and league 2 sides but really aren't anything to worry about.

Agreed with the team that played west ham, but more of a worry with a very weakened team.