Stevenage v Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

CT, what is it then? Cup run or Europa league? To say we're safe is ridiculous. Nowt to stop the teams who are still shitting themselves getting end of season results as we tumble down whilst getting the open top taxis ready for wembley. We simply don't have the squad to challenge for Europe (haha) and win the FA Cup.

I wouldn't quite start with the tips for Wembley final day just yet.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CT, what is it then? Cup run or Europa league? To say we're safe is ridiculous. Nowt to stop the teams who are still shitting themselves getting end of season results as we tumble down whilst getting the open top taxis ready for wembley. We simply don't have the squad to challenge for Europe (haha) and win the FA Cup.

Where in 8th with a game in hand after half a season. Why do you find it so hard to believe that we cant finish one place higher?

When I say were safe I dont mean current points wise, I mean my opinion that we will get the remaining points needed no problem.

When you say our squad is not good enough to challenge for europe.... We are ALREADY challenging for europe and are currently one place off it with a game in hand. We have players returning to fitness and are looking to bring more in. We have to play our remaining games and will therefore CONTINUE to challenge for Europe.

It is the most open prem for a long time and we are looking better and better as we go. We lost some early season games we should have won and suffered due to stupid suspensions.

There is no reason why we cant do both imo. :wank:

Where in 8th with a game in hand after half a season. Why do you find it so hard to believe that we cant finish one place higher?

When I say were safe I dont mean current points wise, I mean my opinion that we will get the remaining points needed no problem.

When you say our squad is not good enough to challenge for europe.... We are ALREADY challenging for europe and are currently one place off it with a game in hand. We have players returning to fitness and are looking to bring more in. We have to play our remaining games and will therefore CONTINUE to challenge for Europe.

It is the most open prem for a long time and we are looking better and better as we go. We lost some early season games we should have won and suffered due to stupid suspensions.

There is no reason why we cant do both imo. ;)

Two games ago we were a loss away from being in the relegation zone man :wank:

Calm down a bit.

Edited by smoggeordie

I do think our first 11 is good enough to finish in top 8 potentially, aye. I don't think our squad is good enough to qualify for the Europa League. By that, I mean a squad who are able to sustain the riggor of european games and the fixture congestion.

Think you're getting well ahead of yourself tbh. Rome wasn't built in a day and blind faith didn't get them there. We're a newly promoted club, regardless of club stature, and we are building a squad on what seem solid foundations. That squad needs time to nurture and grow.

European games are glamourous regardless if you ask me, but I'd rather get there as a strong grounded football club not one on an upward spiral after 2 years of turmoil.

I do think our first 11 is good enough to finish in top 8 potentially, aye. I don't think our squad is good enough to qualify for the Europa League. By that, I mean a squad who are able to sustain the riggor of european games and the fixture congestion.

Think you're getting well ahead of yourself tbh. Rome wasn't built in a day and blind faith didn't get them there. We're a newly promoted club, regardless of club stature, and we are building a squad on what seem solid foundations. That squad needs time to nurture and grow.

European games are glamourous regardless if you ask me, but I'd rather get there as a strong grounded football club not one on an upward spiral after 2 years of turmoil.

But we already are 8th with the squad we have. That squad has been missing players who are now returning and it looks as though we are adding to it.

Bearing all that in mind.

My suggestion that we may maintain our current position is no sillier than your suggestion that we will fall away.

My "faith" in the team is based on how we are playing and where we are, your lack of faith is based on.........?

I don't lack faith in the squad to qualify. I lack faith in the fact we simply don't have the squad to succeed in Europe and the league together. We're desemated already with injuries and we're too reliant on certain players still.

I think we've got a good tight knit group but they need time to grow as a team before they're hoid in the deep end of thursday night football and sunday premier league games.

Why havn't you got enough faith to go back? All the other glory boys have.

Not wishing to put a dampener on things but I don't think we'll finish 8th like. Anywhere near 10th/11th would be great as far as I'm concerned compared to how I thought we'd do.

I don't lack faith in the squad to qualify. I lack faith in the fact we simply don't have the squad to succeed in Europe and the league together. We're desemated already with injuries and we're too reliant on certain players still.

I think we've got a good tight knit group but they need time to grow as a team before they're hoid in the deep end of thursday night football and sunday premier league games.

Why havn't you got enough faith to go back? All the other glory boys have.

Dear me :wank: I though you had a tad more about you than that ;)

I dont think I said the squad was good enough to suceed in Europe, I said it was good enough to qualify.....Which you now seem to agree with. :razz:

Not wishing to put a dampener on things but I don't think we'll finish 8th like. Anywhere near 10th/11th would be great as far as I'm concerned compared to how I thought we'd do.

But Alexio, the way this league is going, the differnce between 11th and 8th might only be 3 points, as it is now. So its not a great stretch as it may have been in years gone by.

Not really any point in arguing the toss like. I wouldn't put a lot of money on a top 8 finish though.

Edited by alex