Stevenage v Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

Really looking forward to this one and with it being a late kick off the only solution I can see is taking the night off.

Bit of early drinking, then us, the finish the night off, naughty naughty Kebab and bed.

Just having a quick look at there squad I see they have a Beardsley playing for them. They also seem to get a good chunk of their goals from their defenders, possibly suggesting a canny set piece team.

Any of the clever boys know much about them.

Im getting a bit excited and simply predict we will get into double figures.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really looking forward to this one and with it being a late kick off the only solution I can see is taking the night off.

Bit of early drinking, then us, the finish the night off, naughty naughty Kebab and bed.

Just having a quick look at there squad I see they have a Beardsley playing for them. They also seem to get a good chunk of their goals from their defenders, possibly suggesting a canny set piece team.

Any of the clever boys know much about them.

Im getting a bit excited and simply predict we will get into double figures.

:icon_lol:

Easy tiger, double figures? when was the last time you saw a score anything like that?

I reckon it'll be a turgid affair, 1 or 2-0. We'll field a weakend side (rightfully) and they'll be well up for it but unable to better us.

We can do these. They're no Aldershot tbf.

They'll set off with good intentions but we should have more than enough to kill them off by half time. Expect Ferguson to grab at least 3.

We can do these. They're no Aldershot tbf.

They'll set off with good intentions but we should have more than enough to kill them off by half time. Expect Ferguson to grab at least 3.

Yes Please.

Supermac on tonights legends very very impressed with him and couldnt understand why Jonas cant run THEN cross as well.

(not that I judge anything by his normally shit ramblings)

Barton or Nolan/Tiote/Jose/Ricky must be rested.

Smith/Guthrie/Ferguson/Kadar/Perch/Ranger to play instead. Maybe get Collo rested too.

Fuck that. I want as many as the fuckers playing as possible to make sure we win. Get it won by half time then give a few a rest.

and yes I know all the usual stuff about league being more important but theyve got a full week to rest.

(dont mind ferguson starting, obviously)

Smith/Guthrie/Ferguson/Kadar/Perch/Ranger to play instead. Maybe get Collo rested too.

Fuck that. I want as many as the fuckers playing as possible to make sure we win. Get it won by half time then give a few a rest.

and yes I know all the usual stuff about league being more important but theyve got a full week to rest.

A week is no good if they pick up an injury on a shit pitch against a team of comparative cloggers, nor is a suspension likely to disappear within a week.

It's a pointless risK.

Not if we win the cup its not :icon_lol:

A week is no good if they pick up an injury on a shit pitch against a team of comparative cloggers, nor is a suspension likely to disappear within a week.

It's a pointless risk.

Have you now posted the same thing 3 times :icon_lol: drinking?

It's a pointless risK.

I hope youre just messing, if not... Well then you're an idiot. :icon_lol:

It's a pointless risK.

I hope youre just messing, if not... Well then you're an idiot. :icon_lol:

Not at all and we've all had this argument before. Some of us want to really go for the cup, others dont. end of really. :icon_lol:

I'd put out our best team minus anyone with injury issues... and Tiote even if he's not injured because don't want him picking up another yellow. Krul in goals.

Krul

Simpson Colo Willo Enrique

Routledge Barton Nolan Jonas

Best Lovenkrands

Subs: Soderberg, Guthrie, Kadar, Vuckic, Perch, Xisco, Ranger

I think we'll see Perch and Guthrie start, possibly Ranger too. Definitely Routledge.

Edit - Oh, it would be nice to get our first look at Gosling in this match.

Edited by OzToonFan

BTW, Ray houghton on talk sport today said that after all that had happened at Newcastle, all the hurt etc etc, how romantic it would be if we won it and it was Ashley and Pardew that delivered our first cup in an eon.

The cunt then went on to back sunderland for the cup :icon_lol:

Ok, You're a general, you've got these awesome SAS Ninja Commandos, theres an incursion by some ill-disciplined but gutsy natives with spears and shields... do you a ) send in your crack troops needlessly putting them in harms way, or b ) send in your reservists who are still more than capable of lobbing enough ordinance to massacre the cheeky little tribe?

I'd put out our best team minus anyone with injury issues... and Tiote even if he's not injured because don't want him picking up another yellow. Krul in goals.

Krul

Best Lovenkrands

I think we'll see Perch and Guthrie start, possibly Ranger too. Definitely Routledge.

Ahem :icon_lol:

Ok, You're a general, you've got these awesome SAS Ninja Commandos, theres an incursion by some ill-disciplined but gutsy natives with spears and shields... do you a ) send in your crack troops needlessly putting them in harms way, or b ) send in your reservists who are still more than capable of lobbing enough ordinance to massacre the cheeky little tribe?

Or © send a combination of reservists and hardened crack troops to ensure the natives don't get the better of your lesser experienced men by drawing them into their own warfare techniques in their own territory...

Krul

Best Lovenkrands

what?

I think he's wrong too. :icon_lol:

When your reserves can do the job at no risk to your key players, why risk them. It literally makes no rational sense.

Maybe you can explain it to me? Explain the virtue of risking key players when we've got the derby approaching, then Tottenham and Arsenal visiting in the next 3 games? Surely this is a misallocation of valuable resources?

Krul

Best Lovenkrands

What are you on about?