Seb Larsson £1.5m bid Accepted - Apparently

Ugly Mackems

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely doesn't shirk his defensive responsibilities (judging from this carling cup semi). Hasn't been involved a lot in attack.

Birmingham's attack was horrible, if they're not lumping it forward to Jerome innacurately Hleb and Dann are dicking about with it in the midfield doing nothing. If it gets to Ridgewell bombing forward on the left his last touch is often an embarrassing turn over. Carr loves to get up the pitch as well, seemingly for no reason as their central midfielders distribution is pathetic.

I hope it's only due to them thinking he's only worth less than 20k a week or another player they wanted more becoming available as opposed to actually being scared off by 20k wage demands, I must admit it seems strange even for this lot to be 'scared off' by that I mean they give S. Taylor more than that recently.

I hope it's only due to them thinking he's only worth less than 20k a week or another player they wanted more becoming available as opposed to actually being scared off by 20k wage demands, I must admit it seems strange even for this lot to be 'scared off' by that I mean they give S. Taylor more than that recently.

The other thing is that it's all just media speculation. I can't see them wanting Larsson to be too distracted ahead of this Carling Cup semi, considering that they were intending him to play. David Bentley will be there for the second semi so he won't be required for that. Therefore I can see his destination being sorted quickly now that this match is out of the way.

If true rejecting him at 20k is like a second kick in the balls when you consider we're paying Smith 3 times that.

Edited by OzToonFan

The other thing is that it's all just media speculation. I can't see them wanting Larsson to be too distracted ahead of this Carling Cup semi, considering that they were intending him to play. David Bentley will be there for the second semi so he won't be required for that. Therefore I can see his destination being sorted quickly now that this match is out of the way.

If true rejecting him at 20k is like a second kick in the balls when you consider we're paying Smith 3 times that.

I pay absolutely zero attention to how much players are paid per week but don't tell me he gets 60 thousand pounds. That's fucking atrocious. He's worth a bag of dry roasted and a pint of gladiator max. Disgraceful he accepts it tbh.

Supposedly he's been after 25k per week as he wants parity with Jerome and someone else. Talks have broken down with Birmingham over deals due to this demand. Not sure what the fuck our club was expecting.

Supposedly he's been after 25k per week as he wants parity with Jerome and someone else. Talks have broken down with Birmingham over deals due to this demand. Not sure what the fuck our club was expecting.

From watching the first half of that game if Jerome is on 25k then Larsson deserves double that.

Dodged a bullet on Bentley, dodged a bullet on Larsson, yeah, ok.

By Feb 1 I wonder if we'll just have a fistful of 'bullets' and no players in. This squad needs depth. 20k a week would've been perfectly reasonable for Larsson.